Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-31-2012, 06:44 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Zée quote
Quote:
* My true pleasure in this business is singing before an audience. These are very happy moments. I'm always a little nervous before getting out there, but once I'm on stage I could never stop
EDIT :

I think i know why alizée keeps getting crappy tats, the poor girl never saw how beautiful she is
Quote:
* I am, of course, delighted (on seeing her pictures in French and foreign magazines) but I don't like looking at myself. In fact, I'm very critical about myself.
Ok maybe she does know how she looks like but uh yeah whatevs

Last edited by melovelily; 12-31-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Nicki Minaj has sold millions of albums and sells out stadiums on a regular basis and she is without doubt one of the most repulsive, talentless individuals i've ever seen and had the misfortune to hear.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Nicki Minaj has sold millions of albums and sells out stadiums on a regular basis and she is without doubt one of the most repulsive, talentless individuals i've ever seen and had the misfortune to hear.
I kind of agree with you, but I am sure at least she works hard to put a good live show for the audience and her fans are happy not only enjoying her albums, but having as well a ton of bootlegs of live performances...

I am sure she has good professionals around her, to take good care of her image, choreographies, albums, promotions, gigs, adverts, interviews, merchandising... and I bet she and her people is always thinking two steps ahead.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what is the reason for Alizée being maybe the only artist I follow that don't do gigs or goes out on tour, even if is in a small theatre with 200 seats.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

This is an interesting discussion but I think there is an alternative perspective that has not yet been considered. It is my belief that Alizee's heart was very much in this new album project when it it first started but that she has now lost interest in it to some extent. I think there has been a conflict of interests at play from the outset, between what Alizee wanted and what Sony wanted. I think this is the fundamental reason for all the delays and, more significantly, the two completely different videos. It strikes me that the first video was all Alizee's idea. Forget about the poor production values for a moment and think about how the story line fits the sentiments of the song and everything we know about her life over the past 18 months or so. This, to me, is Alizee telling her story and expressing her thoughts. Can the same be said for the 'new' 'official' video? No it can't. It is a far more commercial venture - attempting to cash in on the new Bond film Skyfall and really has no relationship to her recent life history apart from the gun shot. I think if Alizee could have had things all her own way from start to finish then we would have had an album by now and it might have had a few rough edges but it would have been HER album and her heart would have been in it. I think what we are about to get will be a sanitised set of songs designed by corporate yes-men to be the best commercial success that they can produce on a low budget. If I am right, then it is no wonder that her heart is not in it.

As for MF & LB? they have long since had their day. Have you seen the reactions of the fans on the MF boards to her last 3 albums and recent singles? It's less than enthusiastic. Of course, she can still fill a stadium because as Karin points out, she is Mylene Farmer and she is pretty much a French institution, plus there is always the fear that her next concert will be her last.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

No offense Scruffy, but more and more I read your posts these days, more I feel that Alizee has become like spoiled daughter whose every step or lifestyle seems wrong to you, but you can't stop caring because she is your own blood.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I'm tired of the excuse that it was just a radio performance. So what? There will ALWAYS be cameras. She dressed really cute for that radio interview when Psyche came out. I think she doesn't really care anymore. Il'm pretty sure she just does albums for a relatively quick meal ticket.

What I don't understand is how she manages to look so frumpy, considering her outfits end up costing thousands of dollars. If you think of someone like Kim Kardashian, she is always dressed to the nines with full makeup. She works hard to keep up her image. Alizee needs to step it up.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Alizee needs to step it up.
You might have a point but I don't really wanna see Alizée in a "private video" like Kim Kardashian.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-01-2013 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: A little too specific :p
Old 01-01-2013, 12:30 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Honestly I think Alizée is just comfortable enough with herself to not really care what others think. As in...she likes what she is wearing (hence why she picked it) and doesn't care if others approve. She has her style, and it's what she likes. If other people don't like the look....don't wear it.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
No, I don't love her (Mylene Farmer) so much, but I recognize an incredibly talented artist when I see one. Do you not realize what she has accomplished in Europe? Do you not realize what a huge part of her success LB was? Do I have to remind you how huge she was in France?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post

Look at Kim Kardashian. She's a talentless piece of crap in my opinion, who get's so much attention, mainly because she's a s**t. But your post implies MF doesn't have talent. It's very true that she uses sex to sell, just like KK and that may be the main reason for her huge success, after all she designed her own sex toy, then wrote a song about it, but all you have to do is listen to MCE and Gour to realize even without the sex, how incredibly talented her and LB are. I've said so many times before, MF,LB and Alizee was a match made in heaven. So incredibly suited to one another.

Look at this interview with Inked magazine. I don't have the benefit of having this magazine in front of me and I see they did mention the she's working on a new album. , but did they mention the name of the album even once? Did they show a picture of the cd cover?

If they didn't, I think that shows she doesn't care. How many times have you seen an artist on Letterman or Leno and someone drags out a cd that the artist is currently working on? In fact they are probably on the show to promote their new album and Alizee didn't even ask them to mention the name of her new album? "If" they didn't mention it, that's unthinkable. Her new album is just around the corner and she didn't ask them to mention the name? It shows you where her priorities are. It was with the photo shoot and not the album.

She should have looked at this photo shoot as a tremendous opportunity to promote the album and she let it slip by.

There is no questioning Roman's love of this woman. It looked like he didn't have one tatoo on his body, yet he had this big tatoo of Alizee put on his back. What a huge gesture of dedication. Still, when pictures were posted where he appeared at one of her Les Enfoires appearences, I was kind of shocked to see him in old blue jeans and a t shirt. I'm sure it was just a result of that California life style. But at the time, I thought, how could you wear an outift like that when you are seeing someone who has meant so much to you?

So after that, the autograph session came up where I asked several members if they wanted autographed cds and the oppurtunity popped up to represent this forum, well I put a lot of thought into that. I wanted to represent this forum in a good way, so I went to a local shop and had a shirt designed with the name of this forum and both the U.S. and French flags on them because I wanted her to have no doubt where I was from, plus I wanted to show respect for her country and I wanted to show by my appearence that this wasn't just another occassion for me. It was something I cared about.

Now at RMF, she shows up wearing this ratty sweat shirt. She could have easily like I did, had one made up that showed either the name of the new album or maybe a picture from the video, but that was too much to ask of her.

Look at all the pictures she has tweeted. You would think an artist who is coming out with a new album would hold up the cover of her new cd or single in just about every picture, but outside the studio, we never see it, because she doesn't care.

How many times has she tweeted pictures of dancerman? How many times has she tweeted pictures of her dogs? How many times has she tweeted pictures of the cover of ACDLA?

I doubt if there is any way you can convince me that her heart is into this album.