Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Hopefully I'll know tonight if I can work something out. I'm fortunate that I work for an airline. I fly standby and can change my flight reservations at the last minute. All I have to worry about is whether there are some empty seats available on the flights.

As I mentioned before, I think it's too late to change my vacation. I have to see if I can get someone to cover for me for 2 days. I worked Christmas eve for a guy who has a couple of kids and I did the same with Christmas day. I also offered to work for a guy who was stuck in Washington last week during the storm, but luckily he was able to work something out. Bottom line is I'm going to try and call in some favors. I'd like to get a 3rd day off for insurance, but that would be saturday and that might be tough.

As far as the hotel, I was waiting to see where the autograph session was going to take place before I booked one. I wanted to get one as close as possible, so in case the impossible happens, I wont have to lug a bunch of cds all over Paris. If I can get those days off, then I will look at hotels after.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as the hotel, I was waiting to see where the autograph session was going to take place before I booked one. I wanted to get one as close as possible, so in case the impossible happens, I wont have to lug a bunch of cds all over Paris. If I can get those days off, then I will look at hotels after.
how much extra would it cost everyone to have their CD mailed to themselves from France? wouldn't it be easier if we all paid extra so that you could just mail the CDs back to everyone from France and not have to haul anything back?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
how much extra would it cost everyone to have their CD mailed to themselves from France? wouldn't it be easier if we all paid extra so that you could just mail the CDs back to everyone from France and not have to haul anything back?
For that Scruffy would have to get addresses from everyone before leaving for France and then spend one or two days just running around post offices. Why would you want to spend time of your vacation for mailing CDs?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well in the letter the mods are working on, we mentioned the private autograph session that happened last time, but we are asking them for suggestions on how we can get this done. I think FNAC is more into the mail order business than VMS was so it's very possible they might suggest mailing them for a certain fee, plus shipping. However I tried ordering something from them recently and they wouldn't ship it to the U.S., so I'm more inclined to think it be easier for them if we just picked them up. Besides if I pick them up, their liability pretty much ends when I walk out the door.

I talked to my supervisor about switching my vacation to the next week and he's okay with it. I still have to clear it with the union steward, but he's usually an easier sell than the supervisor so I think it's a done deal. I'll know in a few hours.

EDIT: It's a done deal. Paris in the spring!!!!!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2013 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to see you there, Dave as well as our other fellow Alizee fans. I'd be more than happy to help you carrying those CDs back here. BTW, did you register for that show? The one before the autograph session? I submitted my name anyways - I doubt I'd get it but, you never know. It's worth trying!

I hope she gives us a VIP session again. But, for me just to see her for the very first time is well worth it!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^
Congratulations Jake!!!

Haha.. I guess we can consider you as part of the lucky b@$t@rd group now too!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

congratulations!

What is it about this private signing you want to do guys? I know it worked last time but will it work this time too? Because I highly doubt that they will be too happy when you show up during the "public" autograph session with dozens of CDs... but I still hope it will work out for you!
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
^^
Congratulations Jake!!!

Haha.. I guess we can consider you as part of the lucky b@$t@rd group now too!
LOL! Not yet. But when it happens, I'll be more than happy to be on that list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
congratulations!

What is it about this private signing you want to do guys? I know it worked last time but will it work this time too? Because I highly doubt that they will be too happy when you show up during the "public" autograph session with dozens of CDs... but I still hope it will work out for you!
Thanks a lot, Jenny! Scruffy knows more about that. But for me, I'd be very happy just to see Alizee for the very first time!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Wow! Congrats Jake!! That's awesome! Take lots and lots of pictures and videos!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Wow! Congrats Jake!! That's awesome! Take lots and lots of pictures and videos!
Thanks, Fall! Don't worry, I will. I'm thinking about buying a Canon "GoPro".....so I could be a "hero"