Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-21-2013, 11:57 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default NYC - Sept 19-21, 2013

The window might still be open to get Alizée to NYC sometime during Sept 19-21, 2013.

The Francofolies in New-York from 19 to 21 September

THE FRANCOFOLIES make their U.S. debut with a prestigious evening tribute to EDITH PIAF, on September 19 at the Beacon Theatre in New York chaired by Charles Aznavour, this creation of prestige to the Beacon Theatre devoted to EDITH PIAF will bring together twenty French and international artists and will celebrate the directory of la vie en rose on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of his disappearance.
Here's a first preview artists confirmed for this exceptional event: Jean-Louis Aubert, Patricia Kaas, Julien Clerc, Duffy, Beth Ditto, Angelique Kidjo, Zaz, Olivia Ruiz, Cœur de Pirate, Nolwenn Leroy, Camelia Jordana... Soon raise curtain on the international artists who will be joining us!
The prestigious evening of September 19 at the Beacon Theatre will be broadcast on France 2 in a prime-time special!
Around this exceptional concert will be organized several events with the participating artists in venues from New York... from 19 to 21 September!

The above can be read two ways: Either they have everyone and are only telling us about some of them, OR they are not final with them all yet.

IF they are not final with them all yet, then this leaves a window of opportunity to throw one more name in the ring (if it is not already there).

What do you think?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:01 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Let's our voices be heard! Let's request for Alizee!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

This event looks pomising for france and Alizée!!!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

After getting off of work this morning, I drove down to Cape Cod (2hours) to go fishing with my brother. It was a long long day of catching nothing but dog fish, though we did get 4 lobsters. I got home around 9pm and was dead tired, I figured I'd do a quick check of the forum and my e-mail, then I'd collapse into bed and then I stumbled across this. Now I probably wont be able to sleep for another 24 hours.

This is huge! Why? Because trying to arrange any type of concert in the U.S. or Canada for Alizee would probably require a lot of money on her or Sony's part. Something either one of them might not want to risk with the rumors that the album is apparently not doing well.

This would probably be at minimal cost to her and Sony and as I've said before, once you get her on this side of the pond, the sky is the limit as to what can happen. As I've said, a late night talk show would love to have her. if she could get on a show like that, I bet a magazine like People would love to do an article on her.

I had sent FI AF in New York a letter the same day, but before I realized this was posted, asking them if they'd be interested in me sending them 2 of Alizee's cds.

I received the following auto response

Greetings:

I am currently out of the office but checking emails regularly. I will
return on July 23rd. If you have an urgent inquiry regarding an event
or venue rental, please contact:
Aurelia Carrie, Events & Catering Manager via email at: acarrie@fiaf.org
or telephone: 646-388-6669. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Wendy Laurent
Director of Sales
FIAF

So will I hear back from her. I've had very little results as far as my e-mails, so the thing to do is to send her the 2 cds with a letter saying how great it would be to have a beautiful woman like Alizee on their show.

If we don't hear back from them or even if we hear back in a negative way, I think we need to contact Sony. I think if the right people at Sony heard about this idea, they would be all for it. Like I said, cost would be minimal compared to a concert and it could open up a whole new market to her.

Now the contacts I have info for at Sony are relatively low echelon. They probably have more to do with setting up things like what happened at fnac, but I'm sure they have contacts and I'm sure if they like this idea, which I'm sure they will, that info will be passed on.

So we need to get members opinions on this, but we cant afford to wait too long, so I say a week from today is when we set as decision day as for how we will handle this.

Should we also ask AF to start a discussion about this? If there is a lot of talk about this in the forums, people who say they are in the know will hear about it. But who will they pass that info on to? Alizee? I quite frankly don't think it would do a bit of good for her to hear about it. It has to be Sony. Will our discussions in the forums be heard by Sony? I don't think so. But we have something now, we didn't have in previous years and that is contact info!

EDIT:

After we get Alizee to New York, we're going to elect Rev as our next president!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-22-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
After getting off of work this morning, I drove down to Cape Cod (2hours) to go fishing with my brother.
You've been to Cape Cod!!!

This could be a great omen. It reminds me of this movie Splash with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks.

Cape Cod man Cape Cod!!!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

After we get Alizee to New York, we're going to elect Rev as our next president!
And Jake for VP!
If I could vote I would so do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I really think Alizee's best chance is in New York. Nolwenn is coming back there next month after a performance there last year.

It's should have been Alizee!!!

I'm happy for Nolwenn though.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Looks like the US cares more about Piaf than France does ^^

Must be the "Inception effect"

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I see Camelia Jordana is on the list of artists for the NY show. I'm pretty sure she is with Sony, and maybe some of the others listed as well. So I would think Sony is well aware of this show. I wonder if they approached Alizée about participating.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's a rough draft of a letter I will send to the Sony rep.
Please make suggestions for changes.

I'm the member of AlizeeAmerica in the U.S., that you mailed the 80 cds of Alizée's latest album "5" to.

We are well aware of how hard Sony has been working to promote her an her new album in France

We recently learned of an event that is taking place in New York city, that would be a great and "relatively" inexpensive way, to promote her in this country.

"The Francofolies in New-York from 19 to 21 September

http://www.beacontheatre.com/events/...ncofolies.html

THE FRANCOFOLIES make their U.S. debut with a prestigious evening tribute to EDITH PIAF, on September 19 at the Beacon Theatre in New York chaired by Charles Aznavour, this creation of prestige to the Beacon Theatre devoted to EDITH PIAF will bring together twenty French and international artists and will celebrate the directory of la vie en rose on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of his disappearance.
Here's a first preview artists confirmed for this exceptional event: Jean-Louis Aubert, Patricia Kaas, Julien Clerc, Duffy, Beth Ditto, Angelique Kidjo, Zaz, Olivia Ruiz, Cœur de Pirate, Nolwenn Leroy, Camelia Jordana... Soon raise curtain on the international artists who will be joining us!
The prestigious evening of September 19 at the Beacon Theatre will be broadcast on France 2 in a prime-time special!
Around this exceptional concert will be organized several events with the participating artists in venues from New York... from 19 to 21 September!"

Camelia Jordana produced an album with the Sony label. Alizée is close freinds with Nolwenn and has appeared with several of these artists in Les Enfoires.

Now having Alizee perform a concert in America would be an expensive venture, but this in comparison would be so much cheaper and once you get her to New York, I think a world of opportunities would open up. I think a talk show host like David Letterman would love to have her on his show. He, his audience and America would be fascinated by her, her beauty and the story behind her. If Letterman had her on his show, Leno would probably want to have her on his show on the west coast and if she did appear on one of these talk shows, I'm sure a magazine like People would want to do a story on her.

I think it wouldn't matter at all that there were no English songs on this latest album. It does matter that she has sung songs in English, but one of the main things is that main stream America hasn't seen or heard her before.

I know her English is probably limited, but there are ways around that.A lot of times when they have a foreign speaking celebrity on they'll rehearse in advance what will be said. Sometimes they'll wear earphones where someone can coach them or sometimes they'll have someone along side of them who can interpret what is said. In other words, the language barrier is no barrier.

A world of opportunites could open up for her at a relatively low cost, by her making an appearence in this show in New York. The American media would absolutely love this woman, if they only had a chance to meet her.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-24-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Second this!