Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Karin is all over the web - twitter, fb, instagram, here - spreading Alizee's love all over the net!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Wow! This guy has millions of fans/followers on fb and twitter! This is really a great opportunity for Alizee to make new fans! I just wish this single was never released before. Some people don't like change, you know.
"This guy" is quite a biggie in Europe at the moment. I like his music a lot and I liked this song too and new there will be a new version with Alizée how perfect!! Too bad that they will never air the single outside France... ok probably in Belgium or Switzerland but apart from that.... It's not uncommon that artists make a special edition for the French Market.. I guess Lily Allen did something similar with one of her single I guess it was "22"... let's hope it will help Alizée to get some attention and some positive feedback from the public.

Edit:

oh and of course let's hope that it will be available for download outside France.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 08-26-2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
"This guy" is quite a biggie in Europe at the moment. I like his music a lot and I liked this song too and new there will be a new version with Alizée how perfect!! Too bad that they will never air the single outside France... ok probably in Belgium or Switzerland but apart from that.... It's not uncommon that artists make a special edition for the French Market.. I guess Lily Allen did something similar with one of her single I guess it was "22"... let's hope it will help Alizée to get some attention and some positive feedback from the public.
That's good to hear! I don't know how popular he is in the States, nobody on my friends list on facebook Likes his page or anything, and I don't think I've heard his music before. However, this sounds really good! And it seems to fit Alizée like a glove, I love her part in this little teaser. I wonder how this came about? Who chose Alizée to sing on this French version of his single? It would be cool if it was Olly himself
Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I think she sounds good on the sample. I can't find it listed on Amazon or iTunes in the US, though the original version is on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I wonder how this came about? Who chose Alizée to sing on this French version of his single?
I'm guessing that it came about somehow as they are both signed with Sony Music Entertainment.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Wow!.............From someone who is not easily impressed; not even by Alizée's music, I was bowled over by this clip. When 5 finally came out, I didn't have much to say about it, because I didn't have anything positive to say about it and I figured it was better to say nothing at that point. For me to enjoy a song, no matter who's singing it, first I have to enjoy the music and with this clip, I love the music. I really enjoy his voice and I think her voice sounds much better in this than than it did on any song in 5.

Does anyone know the lyrics for her part of the clip?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-27-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Nope, that guy is Robbie Williams, another British artist, while this new guy is Olly Murs. From Olly Murs' wikipedia page, it seems he got his start after competing in The X Factor (UK) a few years ago. This single is from his third album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olly_Murs
Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 PM

I saw this title from a Youtube video and thought maybe it was a Robbie Williams song to begin with.

"Olly Murs - Dear Darlin - supporting Robbie Williams "

It will be interesting to see how this song does.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-26-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I think Murs performed at a Williams show, so this 'supporting' might come from that.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 AM

I just listened to the whole "single" and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for this duet! As far as this song only being released in a few countries; Canada would probably be a perfect place for it!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

Edit:

oh and of course let's hope that it will be available for download outside France.
That's what I'm hoping for - someone who could help Alizee revive her career and acquire new fans, especially in France! I'm not worried about it not airing outside of France. Just like us, Olly's fans would find a way to listen to it! Let's just hope they make it available on all itunes just like "5."

Right now, the teaser jumped from 300 to more than 4,000 in just a few hours!

BTW, I'm still wondering though why he chose Alizee and not the more popular French singers. I'm pretty sure Alizee is not the only one on Sony's list. But, of course, I am very happy it's Alizee and not somebody else.