Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-27-2013, 08:33 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I also just heard the Ollie Mur version on youtube and it is a well written commercial song.
I really liked the chord structure and melody of it. Simon Cowell knows commercial, sellable music, so I am hoping for the best with this duet.
I hope it helps Alizée in France, and any other french speaking country this song may be played in.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think she sounds good on the sample. I can't find it listed on Amazon or iTunes in the US, though the original version is on both.

I'm guessing that it came about somehow as they are both signed with Sony Music Entertainment.
Pretty much. From what I've seen, none of the popular French artists are signed to Sony. This is great for her though, I hope it has a lot of success.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

This is very good news. Olly Murs is very big in the UK right now. I just hope this gets alizee some exposure over here ... somehow.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 PM

LXND3R is on a distinguished road

Just like everyone has said this promising for Lili. I'm fairly confident she'll get a boost in fans just from this single if Mr. Murs already has millions of fans. On a side note her voice is just lovely as always I'll just wait patiently until Sep. 2nd lol
Old 08-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I too hope that she gets exposure to Olly's fans everywhere through this, but I don't really like that the video from Olly Murs' channel on Youtube is Unlisted, meaning that only those with the link can see it. This little teaser (and perhaps later, the single) would get a lot more attention if it was public, that way at least his nearly 66K subscribers would see it on their feed (and a share on his facebook page wouldn't hurt). I know it's really only meant to catch the French public's attention, but limiting it to them is probably not the way to go
Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Saerdna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think Murs performed at a Williams show, so this 'supporting' might come from that.
Olly Murs has been Robbie Williams support act on his Europe-Tour in summer 2013. Their concert in Vienna was broadcast live on Austria´s number one radio channel "OE3". Robbie Williams is in Europe a Top 3- Musician since a lot of years but unfortunatly not well known in the US. At the moment Olly is one of the newcomers here in Europe during 2013, his songs you can here on every radio channel all day long.

Lili already made a picture with Robbie and met him (shown in the lucky bastard thread), Murs is a buddy of Robbie and now, Olly & Lili making a song together. That is funny
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

So if this is received well, do you think there is a chance for a video?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That would be an early Christmas present for all of us!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Would there be a video if this 'duet' was put together without the two people ever having actually met in person? I'm aware of a number of 'duets' that have been done this way recently.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
That would be an early Christmas present for all of us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Would there be a video if this 'duet' was put together without the two people ever having actually met in person? I'm aware of a number of 'duets' that have been done this way recently.
If there was enough demand for it, I think there could be a video despite that, but it's too early to say right now. All the feedback we have for this right now is the 15K views of an unlisted teaser video and a handful of comments from non-Alizée fans. We've just gotta hope that when it plays on the radio, enough people listen and like it, and hopefully buy it. Also, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to request it from Sony/Zée/Olly?