Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Smile Best three songs to introduce a newbie with?

My boss is amazing. He lets us listen to music at a low volume at work, but it's usually just him listening to his own music by plugging in his ipod to the speakers for the computer he uses.

So today I asked him if he'd like to listen to something I have. I didn't think he'd agree to do it, but he did. So my mind was racing as I tried to think of which Alizée songs would be best for someone who has never heard anything of hers before. This was also towards the end of the day where I had about 15 minutes left before I was heading out for the night. So that equates to about 3 songs max that I could play for him, depending on the length of the song and such.

I figured "Moi...Lolita" would be a good choice for a first listen since that was one of the first songs I've ever heard of hers after seeing her spectacular performance covering Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

The 2nd song I chose was JPVA. Easy choice since it's my favorite Alizée song. I thought about going with Parler Tout Bas but I figured that's the kind of gem that can only be fully appreciated after you've already made the transition into Alizée fandom.

I thought about choosing J'en Ai Marre as well but figured it would not be as effective without the um...visuals.

I don't know what happened with my silly playlist but somehow it jumped to a non-Alizée song and I was still working on something so I wanted to finish it and decided not to change the song. It was Stone Sour's cover of "Wicked Game" btw.

So my question to you fellow Alizée-lovers is this: If you were to introduce someone to Alizée music, which three songs would you pick and why?

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
I figured "Moi...Lolita" would be a good choice for a first listen since that was one of the first songs I've ever heard of hers after seeing her spectacular performance covering Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

The 2nd song I chose was JPVA. Easy choice since it's my favorite Alizée song. I thought about going with Parler Tout Bas but I figured that's the kind of gem that can only be fully appreciated after you've already made the transition into Alizée fandom.

I thought about choosing J'en Ai Marre as well but figured it would not be as effective without the um...visuals.
1)You didn't say whether he loved it or not....you had a cliffhanger at the end of the story

2)Moi...Lolita, J'en Ai Marre, J'ai Pas Vingt Ans

3)After showing them number 2, then you can show them some more serious stuff like UEDS and some Psychage...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

L'Alizé
L'e-mail a Des Ailes
Par les Paupières
Fifty-Sixty

I know there's four, but I can't decide and I've been sitting here for, like, ten minutes…

I'd narrow the list down this way: Ask the person if they want to hear a slower song or a faster song. If slower: PLP; if faster: 50-60
Old 10-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

1. Moi...lolita
- It's the song that launched into into stardom, so it is, to say at the least, a somewhat important song!

2. J'ai Pas Vingt Ans
- Same reason as you Ricto.

3. Fifty Sixty
- It's very upbeat and very catchy. Something that's easy to like.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
3. Fifty Sixty
- It's very upbeat and very catchy. Something that's easy to like.
Some classify that as girly for some reason though...a lot of people I showed it to first said it was sort of...well..."flower power"-ish
Old 10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
1)You didn't say whether he loved it or not....you had a cliffhanger at the end of the story
Oops. Sorry about that. He liked it. He said he thought it was weird that this other girl we work with didn't like it - bc she speaks French. Aw well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
L'Alizé
L'e-mail a Des Ailes
Par les Paupières
Fifty-Sixty

I know there's four, but I can't decide and I've been sitting here for, like, ten minutes…
Excellent choices. And "L'e-mail a Des Ailes" is often overlooked; it's a great song. I only started loving that song after I watched En Concert a number of times. She does an amazing job with that one.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Some classify that as girly for some reason though...a lot of people I showed it to first said it was sort of...well..."flower power"-ish
Knee them in the groin and scream "flower power" in their faces!

How dare they.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

1. JPVA
2. Fifty-Sixty
3. L'Alize

Because they're my favorites.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Oops. Sorry about that. He liked it.

Excellent choices. And "L'e-mail a Des Ailes" is often overlooked; it's a great song. I only started loving that song after I watched En Concert a number of times. She does an amazing job with that one.
Ahhh...that's good to know he liked it

But yeah some of the slower songs took a couple viewings of them on En Concert for me to like them too...
Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 PM

Hey, depending on what type of music he likes, if he's not too into the mainstream pop-like music, maybe UEDS might be his thing. Try it out!

Tags
alizee, introduction, music, newbie