Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

My story is short.

Got home from a wonderful world trip in august 2008 with no clue about what I wanted to do in life. Started to work at my dads work to be able to pay off debts and to have anything to do at all. Then one day at work I heard Jeam on the radio.

The music was ok in my ears, but I found the song funny due to some words sounding like a wierd sentence in Swedish. I don't know why but I decided to look it up when I got home from work, and there she was. The YouTube spam period began followed by the craving for higher quality which led me to this site.

I never even thought about the forum until one day when I saw this thread saying "Which WoW character would Alizée play?" or something like that. I thought it to be really funny and started to read some of the threads. I realized there were seemingly normal and grown up people being fans of Alizée, which got me interested. I started to post and made some threads, my journey took me deeper into the fandome of Alizée and branched off into diffrent spores of energy.

I suddenly wanted so much more out of life. I wanted to learn all these kinds of things, all these kinds of ways to express myself. I wanted to compose music, learn to draw, write stories, create games, learn about new languages and cultures, invent all these kinds of crasy stuff I would never had thought of before....
In overall, I recieved this great urge for creating things.

Today, I still don't know which proffession to chose, but unlike before it's because I don't know which one of the many paths to pick.

She did something to me. Call it love, attraction, desire, lust, adoration, respect, inspiration, whatever you wish...
The light she gives to me I will never shun.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

I told this story before.....doesnt hurt to post it again i suppose. I was in France in the year 2001 sometime after i accidently told my minions to ram those hijacked planes into some biuldings.....saw Moi Lolita and Gormandises on TV, liked it, bought the CD and put it onto my ipod, left it there for 2 or 3 years, forgot all about Alizée. Searched her up one day after listening to gourmandises, (which to this day remains my most favorite in her name) and found a new album, bought this one too and after a few weeks of her songs and catching up with everything shes done, i became a somewhat devoted fan. After En Concert, i forgot about her again, though she remained at the back of my mind, i searched her up once every one or two months, and somewhere in 2006 i found this site. Came here for news on her and when Alizée came back with Psychédélices, I became a devoted fan once more. Sometime in 2007, i was really depressed and came here to cheer me up, to this day, i dont know what is it on this site that perks me up. But that was what made me decide to join this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
. Before this, I thought the idea of liking foreign music was just plain bad, and I was constantly thinking to myself "there's no way I will become a fan of this, I don't want to be a fan of this." .
hehehe....I found that quite funny, i dont know why, probably because im insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingetorix View Post
OK well I was going to Iraq on my first tour and I was told half way through training that my unit was actually going to Kuwaitt so when we landed in Iraq on the way to Kuwaitt the commander told me to get off the plane because I was staying in Iraq for the QRF...QRF=Quick Reaction Force...so i got off the plane and ended up doing my tour in Iraq after all...Well after a few months I was getting into a lot of trouble and the commander assighned me to the Vanguard outpost this outpost is where they send all the trouble makers and the soldiers they dont like,basically a post out in the middle of nowhere......Well before I got sent there I bought a laptop I guess because everybody had one and I never even had a computer growing up so I thought it was cool to have one for gaming and such...Anyways I got there and made friends with another American soldier from CANADA and asked him if he could show me the ins and outs of the laptop I bought...And he did,but while he was doing that he let me go through some files of his on his laptop and I paused on some really cool ones if you know what I mean...And i asked him if he could copy those specific files to my laptop while i went on my mission for the day and he said allright so i was like cool cool...My mission took like 4 hrs and by the time i got back it was still copying and i asked him if it is supposed to take that long and he said well i could not get just those specific files you wanted so i copied all my files to your laptop and i was like what???He then said just go through and delete anything you dont want and i was like cool cool allright...so i took my laptop to my bunk and started going through it all and there it was...................................a file that said Alizee moi lolita so i clicked on it and the song moi lolita started playing,there was not even a video to it and i liked it...I played the song for like 30 minutes over and over till i got tired and shut it off and fell asleep...The next night when i had more time i picked up where i left off in the files and found some more Alizee stuff like the Amsterdam video of moi lolita and JEAM video and i was like ''DAMNNN''....The next morning i asked the other soldier who Alizee was and the first thing that came out of his mouth was ''SHES ADDICTIVE ISN'T SHE???...And i was like ''YUP''...From then on i had the lilli syndrome lol...That's basically my story in a nutshell...Oh and i almost forgot...The day i found out about Alizee was on AUGUST 16th 2004...
Omg.....i keep multi-posting on things i find funny >.> i like your story most of all

Last edited by Ben; 03-16-2009 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 10-04-2008, 11:28 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

well, here's my story...

a year ago my sister had an offer to pursue her studies at mcgill, canada. she accepted it and decided to learn some french since she said that people at montreal mostly speak french(right?). so there's one night when i was watching supernatural while my sister that time was doing something with her laptop and was laughing ecstatically. i felt distracted and decided to see what's going on(i actually can't stand people distracting me while i'm watching my favourite tv series). guess what, she found alizee on the internet and she's actually trying to sing jeam but eventually she's just ruining the song, especially when it came to chorus. she just can't get the pronunciation right. i found it pretty funny and i actually joined her. it's kinda funny, but hey, we had fun. but the power of alizee really got me. the song jeam kept playing in my head since the first time i heard it. i kept borrowing my sister's ipod and kept tuning to jeam like, 10 times a day. the song's just extremely addictive! my life officially changed when my sister showed me the jeam clip, i found that alizee's pretty cute while my sister thought that alizee's a weird person.haha. so to make the story short, i went to youtube to watch more of alizee videos and stumbled upon her incredible cuteness and amazing personality. she's just awesome!

my alizee madness begins....(and i don't see an ending for it...)
Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 PM

KC Kcrooner is on a distinguished road
Default How I met Alizee

Howdy Picked this up off another thread, I hope Rachalizee dosent mind, and thought it would be fun to travel down memory lane and share our first Alizee encounter.

Have some fun, thanks Rachalizee

I actually saw this film at the cinema and I really liked it and , believe it or not , it was through this movie that my Alizée fandom began.As soon as "Moi...Lolita" started playing in the film it seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't place where from.I enjoyed the rest of the film but a nagging thought remained.

Anyway after much investigating and digging around ( i.e. I asked a few friends) I realised it was from a couple of years earlier.It was when I was doing a study exchange in Morocco and one of the girls I was staying with had the song on some mixed CD or other and had played it to death.I found I couldn't get the tune out of my head ( in a good way ) having rediscovered it again so I took a gamble and bought "Gourmandises" on CD.Now hooked , "MCE" followed then "En Concert" on DVD and the rest , as they say , is history.

So thank you Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe for setting me on the journey that has so far taken in Moscow and will in a few weeks time take me to Paris once more.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Kcrooner View Post
Howdy Picked this up off another thread, I hope Rachalizee dosent mind, and thought it would be fun to travel down memory lane and share our first Alizee encounter.

Have some fun, thanks Rachalizee

I actually saw this film at the cinema and I really liked it and , believe it or not , it was through this movie that my Alizée fandom began.As soon as "Moi...Lolita" started playing in the film it seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't place where from.I enjoyed the rest of the film but a nagging thought remained.

Anyway after much investigating and digging around ( i.e. I asked a few friends) I realised it was from a couple of years earlier.It was when I was doing a study exchange in Morocco and one of the girls I was staying with had the song on some mixed CD or other and had played it to death.I found I couldn't get the tune out of my head ( in a good way ) having rediscovered it again so I took a gamble and bought "Gourmandises" on CD.Now hooked , "MCE" followed then "En Concert" on DVD and the rest , as they say , is history.

So thank you Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe for setting me on the journey that has so far taken in Moscow and will in a few weeks time take me to Paris once more.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

I first saw Alizee singing JEAM on Best of Metacafe Videos. That was in 2006. Been hopelessly hooked ever since. Bought all 3 albums,Psychedelise, Tout Alizee from Mexico and a double CD from South Korea with La Isla Bonita on it, and I caný wait for the new CD to come out. Alizee is the only music I play in my car. She puts me at ease and in a good mood.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

I was trying to download a movie back in 2002, Bourne Identity I think. I guess someone mislabeled the file because I ended up with the vid, Moi...Lolita. I became intrigued with the girl and found out she was an 18 year old french pop singer. I looked up her music and Vini Vidi Vici sounded interesting so I bought the whole album.

I found her music to be very soothing. I had gotten my heart broken by a girl that left me for another guy (typical for my luck with women). The music had really helped me cope, especially since all my closest friends left me high and dry in my solitude. Six months of being brokenhearted with no one to talk too, I damn near went crazy. The sad part is, I had a repeat of this shit while stationed in Korea and that incident was 10 times worse. To this day, I still have trouble trying to get over my former friends, co-workers, and commander trying to destroy my Air Force career; but I digress...

After awhile, I finally decided to rebuild my shattered self esteem. That's when I started getting into body building. I built up the courage to get the hell away from my home by enlisting in the Air Force. Yeah, as funny as it is, Alizée is the real reason I joined the Air Force. Not to try and meet her, I just wanted to meet women from other places. Because of Alizée, I wanted to go overseas and find a foreign wife.

Ironically, I'm still single 7 years later. I've had nothing but bad relationships even with women from other countries. Unlike most of her male fans, I do have a grip on reality and don't have fantasies about marrying her. Her music serves as a reminder that there are actually decent women out there even though I seem to only get involved with unfaithful whores. I probably wont even need her music once I find that special someone. I'd be to worried that it would upset my woman, but that's just how I think.

I often wonder what Alizée would think if she knew that her music motivated someone to find their better half.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

Moi Lolita was released at a time where my brother was learning French at school. It came on the music channel for the 1st time & he was watching trying to understand it, and I was watching with no intention of understading as I was 10! I really had a crush on her from watching the video and I'd watch music channels religiously for months to see the video time & time again.
Then family stuff went on, my dad moved to Prague for work purposes & we were stuck in England, obviously the family situation took over...In 2006 I was playing a football (soccer to you guys!) game in a town called Weymouth in England. I was told to warm up during half time when I heard the song that I recognised but couldn't put my hands on what it was. I asked the man working the entertainment & he told me. When the game was over JPVA was playing & I put 2 & 2 together that it was her again so when I returned to Birmingham (UK) I had a mega Alizée searching weekend, and purchased Gourmandises & MCE.

While over-playing both albums I found out about Psychedelices, which was the 1st thing my dad bought for me when he returned to England, which is now 1 of my favourite albums.
Pretty long & boring, but hey!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

my story is that I came back from working a 12 hour shift, came home I was half dead, took a shower and crashed on my bed. My little brother playes WOW and Iguess they were discussing here JAM dance from one of hte characters, so he looked her up. He then came to my room woke me up, I nearly speared him to the ground for waking me up lol. (evil I know). He showed it to me and at that instance I wasn't tired I went overload on her music and videos. Then joined here couple weeks ago. All this happend like seriously couple weeks ago.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Yep, Srb and I have pretty much the same story, also became fans and joined site within a couple days of each other