Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 11-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
You must visit the Sacré Cœur... ..................

I think one of the best sites to see concerning Alizée is the Hotel de Ville where J'ai pas vingt ans was filmed. It's a short walk away from Notre Dame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Here you go bud, hope ths fills some kinda void

photo taken Saturday August 2003.
I'd love to see more pictures you might have of the theater, the crowd, etc.

My show date doesn't come up until next month, but I don't think I'll feel as disappointed even if I find myself in France at the time which is a real possibility and there are a few reasons for that.

One of the big reasons is I've seen her a few times before and I'm hoping to see her again though I hate the situation that has come up with her participation in the DALS tours, she had to cancel out of this years and now it looks like next years Les Enfoires. I'd much rather see her sing and dance in L E than just dance with the tour, but the tour is probably much more important for her career at this point.

I also went through the disappointments for the two concert cancellations at the Rex, but at least with me as opposed to many other fans who had tickets, I did not have non-refundable hotel or airline reservations.

Of course, her being a no show was a very bitter pill to swallow at this years Les Enfoires, mainly for the way me and Battousai found out about it; after waiting several hours in the cold, we sat through song after song, not knowing if she might make a late appearance. I felt real bad for Bat who hadn't seen her before.

But the main disappointment with the cancellation of her own tour is not so much not getting to see her, but the bigger overall picture of when will we get to see her sing her own songs again? I thought this might be her last opportunity for her own concert, but as long as her career continues, there is hope. She's been getting some bad press lately and this year but as I said before it's better to get negative press than no press at all and despite some of that bad press, I think she is still a darling of the French media; a personality they love to cover, love to interview, love to talk about, even at times if it's in a bad way.

So as long as she continues to fight for her career (The song K O come to mind for some reason, nudge, nudge say no more), I think we will still be seeing a lot more of Alizée.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think one of the best sites to see concerning Alizée is the Hotel de Ville where J'ai pas vingt ans was filmed. It's a short walk away from Notre Dame.
I was just saying.. but yeah this is a good site to see aswell.

Quote:
I'd love to see more pictures you might have of the theater, the crowd, etc.
I posted pics of the concert at Olympia in the blog section a while ago.. that's all I have.

Quote:
My show date doesn't come up until next month, but I don't think I'll feel as disappointed even if I find myself in France at the time which is a real possibility and there are a few reasons for that.

One of the big reasons is I've seen her a few times before and I'm hoping to see her again though I hate the situation that has come up with her participation in the DALS tours, she had to cancel out of this years and now it looks like next years Les Enfoires. I'd much rather see her sing and dance in L E than just dance with the tour, but the tour is probably much more important for her career at this point.

I also went through the disappointments for the two concert cancellations at the Rex, but at least with me as opposed to many other fans who had tickets, I did not have non-refundable hotel or airline reservations.

Of course, her being a no show was a very bitter pill to swallow at this years Les Enfoires, mainly for the way me and Battousai found out about it; after waiting several hours in the cold, we sat through song after song, not knowing if she might make a late appearance. I felt real bad for Bat who hadn't seen her before.

But the main disappointment with the cancellation of her own tour is not so much not getting to see her, but the bigger overall picture of when will we get to see her sing her own songs again? I thought this might be her last opportunity for her own concert, but as long as her career continues, there is hope. She's been getting some bad press lately and this year but as I said before it's better to get negative press than no press at all and despite some of that bad press, I think she is still a darling of the French media; a personality they love to cover, love to interview, love to talk about, even at times if it's in a bad way.

So as long as she continues to fight for her career (The song K O come to mind for some reason, nudge, nudge say no more), I think we will still be seeing a lot more of Alizée.
I can't add to that but yeah I feel kinda bad for the whole situation.. maybe summer 2015 she will suprise everyone.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Who the fuck planed this tour? Just look at the arenas, big massive stadiums and grand music halls with capacity for thousands of people. Didn't they learn anything from 2008? She/they would've lost a fortune if they did this tour, hiring these stadiums, equipment, crew to set up/transport the gear etc. How many would come to each concert? hubris goes before fall.
She've had some success on the telly and now they think she's the big star again? I saw Ellie Goulding 2013 here at place that don't take more than 950 people, saw her last year when she hit it pretty big, ~2200 people.

Ellie Goulding Paris, Le Trianon - capacity 1,091 (Olympia capacity 1,996)

<3
Old 04-10-2015, 04:56 AM

Well rushing out an album after they couldn't come up with a good album when they had all the time in the world to work on one, did not seem like a good idea. I guess they were counting heavily on her success from DALS. It's too bad either Blonde or 5 didn't come out right around the time DALS happened, but I doubt even that would have helped, especially on the large scale that this tour was planned. They tried to ram a song that wasn't that good down the public's throat and they let her choose what to wear on stage in the promotional appearances.

I was initially very happy years ago to hear that Alizee would be working with Sony Jive instead of one their off shoots like Instatubes. Unfortunately, I think the Alizee/Sony relationship has been a very disappointing one with the majority of the blame for the lack of success lying squarely with Sony. There is talk of a new album; whether it's a best of or not, I don't know, but I can't help but think it will be the same old, same old, if it's Sony and Alizee who will be producing it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-10-2015 at 05:00 AM..
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

I think we've all seen, thanks to a previously cancelled tour, that Alizée her popularity is going down in France. And I don't think that Alizée her DALS performance did anything to awake the fire, it even turned more people against her. To release an album because you want to make music is fine, but it's not that her DALS performance did anything positive for her sales.

I don't think anything is wrong with the Blonde album, but to just have a tour for that album wouldn't be enough for her fans. Bidding on such a giant stadium as a company to get filled up, while you know very well that previously tours got cancelled because tickets sales were depressing, means to me you have failed as a company in providing the best for your artist which are making you money.

Also, zero to none promotion on the Blonde Tour. Atleast in Belgium I should have seen commercials about Alizée her Blonde Tour atleast once a week or mentioned in any newspaper or magazine specially for those who are interested in French music. But since todays date I have yet to see any sign of promotion.

It saddens me how this will ruin Alizée her reputation and confidence as a good, no a terrific singer. It's not nothing to get 2 tours cancelled because of depressing ticket sales, yet they should look at the ticket who got sold and organise smaller concerts. More time for Alizée to be with her fans, who she obviously adores and appreciates.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Who the fuck planed this tour?
Someone who thought that DALS turned Alizée from a singer who only sells a few thousands copies of her latest album into a eggs-laying wool-milk-sow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Just look at the arenas, big massive stadiums and grand music halls with capacity for thousands of people. Didn't they learn anything from 2008?
And also the number of concerts. How many were there, 20, 30? I can't remember right now. And a lot of them in huge halls. If they would have decided to do I don't know... 10 concerts, 3-5 of them in big halls all over France (I mean the Olympia in Paris was nearly sold out) and the rest in small halls with a few hundred of people - maybe that would have worked. But well it's too late and there will never be a tour again..
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 04-10-2015, 02:12 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Why they waited with the cancellation until 1 month before the start of the tour. They should know after the first weeks (or after the album release) the sales are poor... + when I remember the tweet from one of the selected dancers, that they had no idea what and how, no practising. (And of course clear no practising from Alizée's side thanks IG pics)

Last edited by Lucas; 04-10-2015 at 02:18 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 PM

With the song Dear Darlin with Olly Murs, I decided to go to Paris, just for the sake of seeing that one song and actually it was part of one song, because I really enjoyed the song. I didn't know how the presentation of that song would be, but it turned out to be well worth the trip. I thought she looked fantastic and I loved seeing her dance with Olly.

I certainly wouldn't have done that with Blonde. I thought the song was mediocre and the presentation was no better. Alcaline and K O were much better songs, but with Alcaline, the promotional efforts left a lot to be desired and there was no promotion of K O. Just take a look of the video I put together for the song K O. If she had dressed similar to her
Dear Darlin performance, wild bulls couldn't have kept me away from that show(s). Her and Sony just cant seem to put a good act together.

I think her reputation as a singer of recent years is still in the mud and I don't think it should be that way. A lot of it has to do with Sony. It was I think just a very unfortunate relationship.

Tags
alizee, blonde, olympia, tour