Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

When I tried to post my reply, I was logged out and the text was lost. Here we go again...

Like most of us, I was first grabbed by her apperance but that did not make me a fan. She is not the only beautiful girl in the world, although her 2003 looks are perfection to me. She was the same age then as I am now so it makes sense, I guess. Anyway, the next step towards becoming a fan was taking a liking to her music. I rarely ever listen to Pop but the beautiful vocal and synth interactions made an impression on me. Bit of a musician myself so it's always cool to discover artists from different ends of the music spectrum. But then, perhaps most important of all, I started seeing all kinds of video footage about her on Youtube (interviews, television appearances, Eiffel tower etc) and that was when I became a fan of the person that is Alizee. Throughout her "golden years", Zee was an all-round cool person that I would have liked to hang out with. Still, even though most stay for the personality rather than the looks, I think the impact her appearance has on the fans' road to infatuation should not be underestimated - her smile is absolutely out of this world. It is easier to feel sympathy towards someone is attractive. To top it off, her undying ability to stay happy and confident and entertain the masses is admirable. She was no plastic doll either - although shy and polite, she came across as a very "defined" person, as well as natural and sincere.

There are a couple of people who have had such an impact on my life as Alizee - my idols, so to say. Another notable example is Tom DeLonge who has created a ton of music that I enjoy and was also hilariously funny and cool back in the day. In many ways the two are very similar but DeLonge took a sillier and more vulgar approach to his antics while Alizee stayed classy at all costs. So there it is, my tendency to become infatuated with specific people (albeit few and far between) and find out everything about them is what probably contributed most to my becoming obsessed with Alizee. Of course, the fact that she has a bigger following on the internet (diminished but still extant) also helps. What differentiates these idols from regular good people is their impact on how I live my everyday life. No matter where I am or who I am with, I can think: "What would Lili do?"

There are moments when I think that Alizee is just another person who isn't worth spending so much time on. Then again, I have a feeling it might pay off in the long run.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
(...)the steam coming out of her ears in Poland too revealed the type of person she was(...)
Is it this interview? If so, do you remember what they asked and how she answered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw

Last edited by Not Now; 07-08-2017 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts