Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Isnt there a way to have ads on the vids. That can help with supporting the site.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Isnt there a way to have ads on the vids. That can help with supporting the site.
The site doesn't get enough traffic to generate enough money through ads. So, it's better not to have them instead of getting few pennies and making site look bad.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Mňau ^_^

But if we have many videos up, the pennies will add up. Plus we can also embed the videos on other forums as well. Like what scruffy did with all the college based ones. It's worth a try

Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've uploaded over 50 videos of various lengths in the past 3 years. Just about all of them are of Alizee. I've only run into 2 problems concerning copyright issues. There's been about a dozen or more where the video was blocked from being shown in Germany. It's unfortunate, but it's really not a problem for this forum.

The other issue I've run into is warnings that part of my video may be owned by another party. It says no action needs to be taken on my part and in some cases ads might appear next to my videos. So if this is the only type of problems we run into, it shouldn't be a problem. But we probably should have the videos uploaded by several members instead of just a few and have it done not all at once, but on a some what staggered basis so we dont raise any red flags.

We should as mentioned before, also co-ordinate our efforts so people don't wind up uploading the same videos. I've downloaded all the videos Ben had listed and in about 2 weeks, I will start another Youtube channel and start uploading videos then.

For anyone new to this process, make sure you put in as many tags as you can. For instance if you uploaded a video like Alizee's performance of J'ai pas vingt ans in front of the Eiffel tower, you would obviously add the tags, Alizee and J'ai pas vingt ans. Each tag seperated by a comma. But you should also add tags like Paris and France and Eiffel tower. That way hopefully someone who's never heard of Alizee who may be searching for a video of the Eiffel tower or Paris or France will have a chance that one of the hits returned will show a beautiful young French woman who they will hopefully then click on. The odds are low I believe, but it's worth a shot.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Merci Alizée

For all those who are interested in doing this :

1. Pick any set of videos using Download Links of Alizée Videos or Gasko's database

2. Mention in this thread the videos you select, so that no one chooses the same set.

3. Download and install Subtitle Workshop.

4. Download the subtitles of videos.

5. Add the subtitle in the video using subtitle workshop. You may need to synchronize the subtitles for some videos.

6. Upload the video to the youtube and post links here.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Mňau ^_^

I call the Gourmandises vids!
But should we just make a new account for the vids?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
I call the Gourmandises vids!
But should we just make a new account for the vids?
You mean Gourmandises music videos?

It would be better if you create a separate account.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Just to keep everyone up to date. The video went out on my desktop a little over a week ago. It looks like the motherboard went bad. I've been back and forth with EVGA over how to determine what's wrong by swapping video cards, swapping monitors, and power supplies. Reseating the ram modules. Pulling the battery in the mb, waiting a few minutes, then reinstalling it and last, pulling the mb out of the case and setting it up on an insultated surface to make sure it's not grounding out on anything. I also pulled and reseated every connector on it.

So now that I'm done jumping through hoops for them, I should know by tomorrow if they're going to cover it under warranty.

Luckily I still have my laptop, but all the files I recently downloaded are on the desktop. I did open up another Youtube account so hopefully in another week, I should be able to start uploading some files.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Just to keep everyone up to date. The video went out on my desktop a little over a week ago. It looks like the motherboard went bad. I've been back and forth with EVGA over how to determine what's wrong by swapping video cards, swapping monitors, and power supplies. Reseating the ram modules. Pulling the battery in the mb, waiting a few minutes, then reinstalling it and last, pulling the mb out of the case and setting it up on an insultated surface to make sure it's not grounding out on anything. I also pulled and reseated every connector on it.

So now that I'm done jumping through hoops for them, I should know by tomorrow if they're going to cover it under warranty.

Luckily I still have my laptop, but all the files I recently downloaded are on the desktop. I did open up another Youtube account so hopefully in another week, I should be able to start uploading some files.
Well I bet I have the majority of videos that you have in the same quality (or you could tell me where to get them), so if you want some help on uploading them while your desktop is down, then I could help you out...I'll PM you.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:57 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

.... Why not go through vimeo or viddler or many of the orher high quality video hosts.

We are looking for reliable store space. Youtube is restricitve and we dont need its visibility b/c we are merely looking for a usable store space.

yt can go to hell.

Use vimeo. or viddler.

Edit:

Ok Im uploading to vimeo
Alizée - Music Video - J'en Ai Marre - M6 - HQ.mpeg - 72.5 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=DZ2PSNXY

Delete this from list tomorrow June 17th.

Edit.... Not available!!!! So not uploading!!!

Solutions?

Last edited by mal; 06-15-2011 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts