Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-25-2017, 03:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default 12/2001 Bravo magazine article

This is another article that AIFC shared with us...

BRAVO_12-2001.jpg

"Bravo 12/2001 Alizée's school memories

She has been waiting impatiently for this vacation! Back to her roots, in the beautiful little town Ajaccio, with her parents... with a relative rest, because she can't even go shopping without being reconized! It was on the little terrace of a sublime hotel in town, where Miss had a meeting with our little star. Nicely brown, looking fantastic, high heels, Corsican pants and a "pirate headband", she was very cool, like always...

Hi Alizée, so school is completely over?
A: Yes, and I have to say, it's a little awkward... I kinda miss the normal life, but anyway, I just continue with my written courses, French and English, and maybe someday I'll do another exam!

Do you remember the first time you went to school?
A: Yes, because I totally loved it! I went to kindergarden when i was 3 years old and I still remember that there were three pieces of clothing in three different colours in my first class: a pink, a blue and a green one. Later on there were orange cloths too.
Every new schoolyear I asked my mother to buy me the prettiest one!

So unnecessary to ask if you liked school?
A: In the beginning of August I was already starting to get bored. Three days before school began, I went to buy my school supplies; I always brought a fully stuffed pencil-case, I always had everything in order.

What kind of school did you go to?
A: To a public school in Ajaccio. I went there on foot, because it was only 5 minutes away from my house. I always went together with my friend. I always had a big schoolbag instead of a backpack, because I have problems with my back. I had very long hair at that time... and curled. They called me "little sheep".

Did your parents watch you when you had to do homework?
A: No, I did everything alone. They never stood behind my back watching me, they only wanted to know my grades.

Did you always eat in the canteen?
A: I did go once, when I was in first grade. But because my grandma lived next to the school, I always ate lunch with her.

What subjects were your favourites?
A: I loved everything and I had good grades in general, especially for French and other languages. I chose Spanish as my second language. I remember I listened to the group Mecano and sang along with the music, to learn that accent! My also liked computers, which I took in high school. We had to make a small speaker; that was great, I loved that.

Have you ever had to repeat a year?
A: Never! I never had to redo a course, and I never had to repeat a year!

Never skipped class?
A: Yes I did... That happened to me in fourth grade... With friends, we always went to chat after school, or we drank something in the café. To skip class I often pretended to be ill, like "I have a headache", to remain in bed for the rest of the morning...

What did you do when you had no school?
A: I went shopping during winter, and starting in April, back to the beach!

Do you have any special memories of a particular teacher?
A: Yes, my French teacher in second grade. She was young and fantastic. She could be very strict, but sometimes she was fun to chat with. At that time I had my appendix taken out and then she came on a suprise visit to the hospital, wearing jeans with sport shoes. I thought that was quite strange...

Were there any remarks on your report cards?
A: Serious and helpful student... but can't quite keep her mouth closed!

Did you always have lots of friends around you or were you more on your own?
A: Always a whole group, like in my clip "Gourmandises". We were always together. Besides my best friend, who didn't go to my school, whom I've known since I was four and who's still my best friend.

Any bad memories?
A: No... Except maybe in the second grade: a horrible teacher, who made sure I hated English. But I forced myself to seriously work on it. In my profession it's something that's just necessary.

How will your next year look like?
A: Busy! On the 10th of August I'm going to promote my album in Germany, Japan and Canada...

Soon a second album... and a concert?
A: We shall see... All in good time.
Alizée - sweet temptation.

She is the cutest export France has to offer. With "Moi... Lolita" Alizée is now storming our charts.

If Alizée is crossing a street in Paris, it's possible for her to attract a crowd of people and stop the traffic. In her home country the 17 year old is a superstar. Her debut single "Moi... Lolita" ( Me... Lolita ) has sold over 1.2 million copies. Her album "Gourmandises" (released in Germany on the 19th of November) already reached platinum status 3 weeks after it had been released. It doesn't seem to be anything special for Alizée. "I knew as a child already that I had artistic talent. I used to dance before I started singing," she continues. And she used to draw pictures. When an airline company started looking for a new decoration for a plane, they made a drawing contest. Alizée - she was 11 years old then - won it. Alizée:" The inside sides were painted after my picture and the airplane got my name too. Back then, I hadn't yet made a gift for my dad for Father's Day. And since he enjoys flying I dedicated that plane to him," she says proudly.
Four years later the songwriter-duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat discovered Alizée in a talent show "Graine de Stars". The first song was "Moi... Lolita". Since then Alizée is doing very well. Alizée doesn't want to hear anything about her being Lolita and knowingly playing that little innocent girl. "This is nonsense. The song was written before I even knew about it. I just thought the song was good, it has got nothing to do with me." The secret of her success has to be somewhere else, she says. "I am a normal teenager, I have normal teenager worries and I was in love with two guys at the same time. This is what my songs are about and that is what is important for the fans."

(text in the white box)" I am not a Lolita, but instead a normal teenager"
(text on the right side of the page) With her big brown eyes and a cute smile she is enchanting her fans.

(Text in the orange box, left corner )
Sticky:
Name: Alizée Jacotet
Date of birth: 21 august 1984
Place of birth: Ajaccio, Corsica
Sodiac sign: Leo ( Lion )
Hobbies: Dancing, singing, drawing
She likes: her family and friends, good food, shopping
She hates: unfriendly people, violence"
Old 08-25-2017, 04:36 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Thx Scruffy

Very Interesting Interview.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I thought it was interesting in the fact that she said she was to promote her new album in Canada. I don't think that happened? If it had, could Canada's neighbor to the south have not noticed?

It was funny too the comment one of her teachers made on her report card....
" Serious and helpful student... but can't quite keep her mouth closed!".
Old 08-26-2017, 09:45 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

The teacher who made sure she hated english...^^
And she chose Spanish as her second language, but on a concert in Mexico she explains that speaking Spanish is a little too difficult for her, and she needs to bring in a translator.

Good question. I also think she never promoted herself in canda, you cant find informations about that.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606

How successful was Alizee in Canada? ML for example?
According to information from Discogs her Album "Gourmandises" was manufactured and distributed in Canada.

Last edited by kulli; 08-26-2017 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-26-2017, 12:34 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
The teacher who made sure she hated english...^^
And she chose Spanish as her second language, but on a concert in Mexico she explains that speaking Spanish is a little too difficult for her, and she needs to bring in a translator.

Good question. I also think she never promoted herself in canda, you cant find informations about that.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606

How successful was Alizee in Canada? ML for example?
According to information from Discogs her Album "Gourmandises" was manufactured and distributed in Canada.

I'm dumfounded at how badly her career has been managed. Why not go to French speaking Canada? I'm sure she would have been successful in the USA, even though she can't speak English. And why not work more with Mexico and South America? People adore her there. She could have become phenomenally wealthy.

I think she is more focused on the quality of life than on her career. She could have honed down on business and not had a moment to herself. She is an introvert and all that high pressure exposure to foreign people must be stressful. I suspect she prefers small venues to screaming mobs. It appears that fame and money are not her top priorities. I can't say I blame her on that.