Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hmm...interesting.

Is that last part from Wikipedia?
Yes. I just copied that real quick.

Here is more:

RCA Lays Off 20 Staffers Amid Restructuring: Sources
August 23, 2011
By Ed Christman, New York

On the heels of naming the new staff structure for RCA Records Tuesday morning, the company began laying off about 20 staffers, sources say.

Among those believed to have been cut are RCA senior VP of artist development Scott Seviour; RCA senior VP of A&R Jeff Aldrich; RCA senior VP of rhythm-crossover promotion Michael Williams; Jive senior VP of video & DVD production Janet Kleinbaum ; RCA VP of promotion administration Joan Fallon; and RCA VP of top 40 promotion Dave Dyer.

I'm trying to figure out if this applies to Sony Music France, or if they will be doing something similar. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
With my very limited French, I believe it said She's starting to think about her returning with a new pop album. If there's any truth to this, I guess it means a return to what worked for her to begin with and it also sounds like it's just an idea at the moment.
scruffy confess did u use google translate???

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

That can't be good if all the record companies are combining.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With my very limited French, I believe it said She's starting to think about her returning with a new pop album. If there's any truth to this, I guess it means a return to what worked for her to begin with and it also sounds like it's just an idea at the moment.

That is very exciting just to even think Alizee may do another album!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

She can sing for any kind of music she likes and make it sounds good..not a common gift. I am not worried about... but a "rock" album would be nice to my ears..just my desire, of corse..
Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
That is very exciting just to even think Alizee may do another album!
it was confirmed this summer that she is indeed doing a new album and will release next spring. It was announced on Gen2000 by Nikos in front of Alizee
Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atra201 View Post
scruffy confess did u use google translate???
Wow!..............You're quoting something I said back in january and I have trouble remembering what I said last week.................lol.

At the time I don't think I used Google translate. I believe like I said I have an understanding of several of the words, then using a French/English didtionary, I looked up some of the key words along with reading some tea leaves, and it was confirmed. Well that is to say as much as anything is confirmed with Alizée.

I prefer using a dictionary to look up the meaning of individual words, because when you use something like Google translate or Bing or whatever to interpret let's say a paragraph, you're not really learning anything, because you don't really know which word meant what, where as if you look it up word by word, you do learn.

That sounds like it could be kind of laborius, but like I said, I have an understand of many of the smaller words, so it's not that bad.

But lately, I have been using translating services a lot more, because I've had much more need for translating these 2 languages, both ways (nudge, nudge, say no more).
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Didnt her last album come out just in 2010? most singers/artists take 2-3 years to make a new album now. am I missing something. I rather wait for great music, then see her make an album per year and not take her time to do it right. remember, she has a family to raise also.

I am a big Taylor Swift fan also, and she has 4 albums in 10 years. so do the math, thats like 1 per every 1-2 years.

ALIZEE, keep up the good work.

as for the beatles, they were before my time, but perhaps they made their album all in 1 day cause they had all the songs prepared, written, and formatted as they grew up. could that be why it only took 10 hours?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Didnt her last album come out just in 2010? most singers/artists take 2-3 years to make a new album now. am I missing something. I rather wait for great music, then see her make an album per year and not take her time to do it right. remember, she has a family to raise also.

I am a big Taylor Swift fan also, and she has 4 albums in 10 years. so do the math, thats like 1 per every 1-2 years.

ALIZEE, keep up the good work.

as for the beatles, they were before my time, but perhaps they made their album all in 1 day cause they had all the songs prepared, written, and formatted as they grew up. could that be why it only took 10 hours?
UEDS was released in the spring of 2010, so it appears there will be a good 2 years between albums. Since Alizée doesn't write the music or play the instruments, she just needs to prepare for the singing part of it. So 2 years is way more than enough time for her. However, she must rely on other people such as writers, musicians and producers. Studio time must be booked and all those schedules must be coordinated. That takes time. Then there is the record company which has a catalog of artist releases to coordinate. 2 years can go by pretty fast.

The Beatles already had many thousands of hours of live performance experience by the time they recorded their first album. And yes, the songs were written and well rehearsed by the time they recorded.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
it was confirmed this summer that she is indeed doing a new album and will release next spring. It was announced on Gen2000 by Nikos in front of Alizee
Why is this such an issue? It's been confirmed people! Maybe we should put that in the title haha.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...