Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 12:59 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Moi... Lolita 20th anniversary

July 4th 2000, Moi... Lolita is officially released, and it's now been exactly 20 years since that day.

You all know about the song's success and how important it was at the time. So I won't make this post a list of statistics and 'fun facts' that you likely already know about.

Instead I'd like to start a conversation.
What's your favourite performance of this song? Where does it rank amongst your favourites of her discography? Has your opinion on the song changed over time? Do you have any questions you'd like to ask others about the topic?
Put any and all talking points you have here, maybe even share some photos or videos!

I recommend keeping an eye on alizee20.com and moializee.com, as well as Instagram accounts such as moilolita2020, ske_leton, alizee_fanclub, alizee.projekt, alizeetwenty, and of course all the accounts of family members and Alizee herself. There's also the hashtag #moilolita2020 that is being promoted a lot, hopefully we see some interesting stuff posted to celebrate the occasion!

Here's some links:
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/moilolita2020/
https://alizee20.com/lolita.html
https://www.moializee.com/

And of course the accompanying music video for the track, that released a few weeks later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpbHdIrtpNo

Though most people here likely didn't find Alizee until years after this song came out, in fact some of us were not even alive at the time, it's still a significant milestone that we can celebrate and get involved with, whether that's on here, Instagram, or just doing your own thing to commemorate in private, just enjoy the moment

Old 07-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we have about 3 hours to go before it is July 4th in France. Though I had seen La Isla Bonita first, it didn't impress me that much because it was someone else's song, ML was the next song I saw and it knocked me off my feet. Though there were several great performances of this song, the one in Amsterdam really stands out to me. She seemed to have such poise for such a young girl in front of such a large foreign crowd. They loved her and she seemed to feed off of that.

It's funny though, when I've gone a while without hearing one of her songs and I need a fix, the song that starts playing in my mind is her En Concert performance of ML. Now vocally it's not as good as the studio version and performance wise, I like Amsterdam better, but I think it's just the part that she does an encore of this song and that's something that really grabs me. It's like when your at a concert and the band plays your favorite song and when it's over, everyone yells for an encore. Sometimes they oblige, sometimes they don't but it's a great feeling when they do and I guess I get that same feeling during this song or maybe it's the way she says "C'est pa ma faute" at the beginning of the encore that I like

The encore part of Moi Lolita in En Concert
https://youtu.be/sz4xDGUr91A?t=412

Maybe this is a good time to bring up my Alizée- Moi Lolita- From teenager to young woman video....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Old 07-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Great idea for a thread.
There has been a lot of movement on Instagram about this event recently. I hope Alizée posts something special, too. She has "celebrated" some of the other anniversaries with at least a photo, but this time there might be something more... Maybe.

Anyway, as for your questions, I'm very attached to this song, it was thanks to it that I discovered Alizée.
So this is among my favourite videos, since everything started from here:

But when I feel like watching a ML video, I usually watch the En concert version or this one:

So this may be my favourite performance. She is so beautiful here (and look at all those nose scrunches O_O).
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 PM

We talked about this recently, her performance in Spain On this occasion she sang both ML and JEAM. Such a shame we don't have it in a better resolution. So many of the early performances were when she was a pretty young girl, but performances like this were when she was blossoming into an incredibly beautiful, incredibly sexy young woman.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
There has been a lot of movement on Instagram about this event recently. I hope Alizée posts something special, too. She has "celebrated" some of the other anniversaries with at least a photo, but this time there might be something more... Maybe.
And indeed you were right

This was posted just a couple of hours ago on her Official Account...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCNmWTyoy9h/
4th July

Caption (auto-translated)
The song Moi Lolita! 20 was released 20 years ago.
20 years of career, 20 years of meetings, 20 years of incredible memories💫.
Thank you for your many messages for this lovely birthday 🥰.
This day is therefore dedicated to Moi Lolita, relive with me in story the memories linked to this song! 💋.
Thanks to all the fans who found I don't know how many archives 🙏🏻.
And to celebrate all that I give you RDV this evening at 8 pm on my page I reserve you a little surprise! 🤫.

Keeping things simple with one of the more well-known photos.

That comment about the 'archives' Think she's talking about us I wonder how big her collection of photos or memorabilia is? In all seriousness, she probably doesn't have a hard drive of the typical photo shoots etc, but of course she'd have some pieces of all sorts that would be priceless for any fan to collect.

And the 'RDV' coming later tonight, what could it be That's 2pm Eastern Time. 4am here in Australia , I'll be watching the Arsenal game (Europe you're killing me with these timezones), but hopefully remember to keep an eye out for whatever she posts and put it up here as soon as possible!
What do you guys think it might be

There have been a couple of things on her story, mostly re-posting what fan accounts have been putting up, here's one of them:

4th July

Caption (auto-translated)
began this retrospective with the clip filmed on July 4, 2000 in Senlis in the Paris region

And of course there are many, many things being posted by fan accounts, some of which I may post here later, too much to cover now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Maybe this is a good time to bring up my Alizée- Moi Lolita- From teenager to young woman video....

Fantastic video Scruffy Edited really well and a good tribute to the song, thanks for posting!
Old 07-04-2020, 07:25 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

And the 'RDV' coming later tonight, what could it be That's 2pm Eastern Time. 4am here in Australia , I'll be watching the Arsenal game (Europe you're killing me with these timezones), but hopefully remember to keep an eye out for whatever she posts and put it up here as soon as possible!
What do you guys think it might be

Considering the context, I think RDV may be "rendez vous"...
Old 07-04-2020, 11:18 AM

" And to celebrate all that I give you RDV this evening at 8 pm on my page I reserve you a little surprise! "

I guess we have to take that at face value that it will be a "little" surprise. Maybe it's an unseen clip or photos. Several years ago a couple of the members from En Concert got together with her in Ajaccio, but this Covid-19 could squash something like that.

But it's times like this the mind starts to wander. Maybe it's not so little. Maybe another Warsaw type appearance? Maybe something bigger? Highly unlikely, but until 8pm Ajaccio time, I can dream can't I.

In the meantime, another Moi Lolita video I put together. This time a remix.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
" And to celebrate all that I give you RDV this evening at 8 pm on my page I reserve you a little surprise! "

I guess we have to take that at face value that it will be a "little" surprise. Maybe it's an unseen clip or photos. Several years ago a couple of the members from En Concert got together with her in Ajaccio, but this Covid-19 could squash something like that.

But it's times like this the mind starts to wander. Maybe it's not so little. Maybe another Warsaw type appearance? Maybe something bigger? Highly unlikely, but until 8pm Ajaccio time, I can dream can't I.

In the meantime, another Moi Lolita video I put together. This time a remix.

Yeah, the "little" suggests it could be something completely inconsequential, but she might just be teasing us. You'd think maybe it's possibly something that's been in the plans for a while if she's waited until now to post it, or it could just be something minor to celebrate the occasion.

The fact that she's building up the hype for the 8pm release has me buzzing to be honest, let's hope it's worth it!

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 07-05-2020 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM

I have to admit I get all hyped up when I hear something like that and I'm sure at 8 pm Ajaccio time, my bubble will be burst but we'll still have something "little" that will be very worthwhile for us.

In the meantime on this day of celebration, I'd like this post this video I took of a street artist I had do a portrait of Alizee a couple of years ago while I was in Hawaii.

Edit:

"Thanks to all the fans who found I don't know how many archives"

It would be nice if she would elaborate on that more. Is she talking about people who post on Ig, on FB or on internet sites like ours?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-04-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I have to admit I get all hyped up when I hear something like that and I'm sure at 8 pm Ajaccio time, my bubble will be burst but we'll still have something "little" that will be very worthwhile for us
Well here it is....

Caption, provided in English
Moi... Lolita is celebrating its 20th anniversary today .
To celebrate the release of my first single, I am pleased to announce the he arrival for Christmas of my
first two vinyl albums!
More information soon...
#alizee #vinyle #comingsoon #moilolita #moilolita20ans #gourmandises #mescourantselectriques »

So from what I can tell we're getting Vinyl cuts of her first two albums And based on the picture (it's not one I've ever seen before) I'd guess they could come with never before seen photos and promotional material

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 07-04-2020 at 02:10 PM..