Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_tiberius View Post
Just because people want something doesn't make it right. People like smoking but it's not healthy. Some people want prostitution legal but it doesn;t make it right.

We have to think from a societal point of view no matter what a group of people want. Your argument almost sounds libertarian.......

Did you mean to quote Rocket, or someone else, cause, I thought The Cap's post was somewhat parodial/joking.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:55 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

they need to get real jobs

i have more respect for those surfers that just hang out all day, drink beer and party

it's easy money - takes no skill
and dehumanizes celebs

only those that are affiliated with real publishers and are somewhat real journalists/photographers do i have some level of respect for
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

hell yes. drink beer and party. something i wish i could do all day all week all year for the rest of my life. unfortunately no can do. i didnt want to read what this thread was really about but i do i really do love the drawing of Alizee and her boyfriend. one love
Old 06-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

The papparzzi's who do the most damage are the ones who freelance. These guys know the only way a newspaper will buy their photos is if they can catch the celeb in an embarassing pose. They are the ones who get in their face or cut them off in the street hoping they will flip them off or get them angry enough to get out of the car and do something. Have you ever noticed that there are about 15 to 20 papparazzis for every one celeb and yet, during oscar time, there are only a few dozen behind the velvet rope. That's because the ones who are behind the rope works for a publication. The other thousand outside on the walkway are just regular celeb seekers.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

thta is quite interesting to know. thank you for sharing. one love
Old 06-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoteny View Post
hell yes. drink beer and party. something i wish i could do all day all week all year for the rest of my life. unfortunately no can do. i didnt want to read what this thread was really about but i do i really do love the drawing of Alizee and her boyfriend. one love
Matey...that's not Jérémy, that was my rendition of what I would like for the "A Moment with Alizée" thread.
I liked it too much I signaturized it.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

All I'll say is this: the paparazzi give us the only authentic view of the real Alizée.

Sometimes the view is ugly, like when Alizée flipped the bird, which utterly lacks class, regardless of circumstance. Sometimes the view violates privacy in a way that's dangerous, like when pictures show Alizée's kid.

But just as often, these candid photos shows us the real Alizée. When she's at signings and concerts, she's selling us an image, a facade. Anybody who is aware they're on camera is NOT going to behave the same way they would off-camera, as they would were they your friend. When she's living her life away from the limelight, that's when the real Alizée surfaces. The paparazzi provide us that view, despicable though their methods may sometimes be.

I've never quite cared about Alizée as a person, though, so what the paparazzi reveals about Alizée's true nature doesn't bother me. I like her for the product she sells -- a combination of music, image and stagecraft that makes you feel ALIVE. And I think it's ridiculous how some people make Alizée's personality out to be so heavenly when, quite frankly, we have no idea what she's really like.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 PM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Did you mean to quote Rocket, or someone else, cause, I thought The Cap's post was somewhat parodial/joking.
No I was quoting The Cap's post. Although it was said in a flippant way it had a point attached and that was what I was logically arguing against.

We have to look at the bigger picture from the whole of society's view. Not just on pleasing everyone. Even though the public may buy tabloids or crave celebrities at all times doesn't make it right.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Faded into Gray

So people are people, and until I actually get to meet Alizée and acquaint her, I am not to judge what her attitude is like.

But if I were to, I would not doubt it was as normal as she was in the Fun TV interview, but who knows eh?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
All I'll say is this: the paparazzi give us the only authentic view of the real Alizée.

I've never quite cared about Alizée as a person, though, so what the paparazzi reveals about Alizée's true nature doesn't bother me. I like her for the product she sells -- a combination of music, image and stagecraft that makes you feel ALIVE. And I think it's ridiculous how some people make Alizée's personality out to be so heavenly when, quite frankly, we have no idea what she's really like.
I finally met somebody in here that thinks the way I do. I've never put Alizee on a pedestal as many do here. I've never worshipped her like she is some sort of goddess. I love her music and the image she portrays on stage but that's as far as it goes. I don't care what she does in her private life, that's totally her business. When she walks out on that stage she is selling an image and that's all I care to see.