Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 AM

_♥_ is on a distinguished road

Not even close to a consolation prize (totally void of eye candy for 'our audience') but L'Olympia and Olivier MARLY made for a very pleasant surprise all the way to the end of this short concert. Given I can't remember the last time a male singer kept my attention for more than five seconds. So... Go out, grab life by the balls and don't let go... that way if it kicks you in the head out of nowhere (like it did this poor sap), at least there was a reason. ffs

Last edited by _♥_; 09-09-2014 at 09:02 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Cat Stevens - Father And Son
Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Ethical

Old 09-12-2014, 07:54 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Who remembers Rodney dancing to this song on the golf course in Caddy Shack ?

Edit:

Last edited by ALS; 09-12-2014 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-13-2014, 07:32 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Old 09-14-2014, 09:44 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Heeeello, herzlich willkommen (zurück)! After a week off I'm ready to molest AAm with my disquisition again so beware...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
Libertine does not fit to the other songs from the album. Neither the light and 'disco' composition nor the 'easy-to-understand' lyrics (not the Mylène's one, that's why). But that was her greatest song at that time, so it had to be included. But it's not the only one example, many of her songs from the same album don't fit to each other.
Most of the CDL lyrics are lexically simple (f.e. "Beau, c'est si beau" in "Au bout de la nuit") but the thing is that they tell stories of concrete egos, putting them "on zoom" ("Libertine" - a harlot, "Au Bout de la nuit" - a woman, melancholic after having sex with somebody, "Vieux Bouc" - a witch, "Tristana" - Anna Karenina, "Chloé" - a drowning little girl, "Maman a tort" - a minor in love with a nurse, "We'll Never Die" - a child fugitive, who dies anyway, "Greta" - nah, that's only too obvious, "Plus grandir" - a raped "poor little thing"...) whose life is doomed by some emotional mischief. "On est tous des imbeciles" is rather a general view on many people, "all of us", as the lyrics have it.
If you please, could you post the rest of your examples?
The Round belong

Last edited by Jazzmin; 09-14-2014 at 09:52 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
If you please, could you post the rest of your examples?
I never focus that much on the lyrics (except such songs like Rêver, Je te dis tout, Dans mon sac, Mon chevalier etc.), so my views are rather about the musicial composition of certain songs. Sorry if they seem to be irrational and weird

Dessine-moi un mouton sounds for me like a waste from Anamorphosée. Such song would perfectly fit to the 4th album, just perfectly. On the other hand Rêver sounds like it has been created for Innamoramento. Both songs could have been swapped without a problem. Anyway I think that it's very smart - without these songs the albums would be too rock/too calm.

Peut-Être Toi, Dégénération, SeXtonik, C'est dans l'air, Oui... mais non, Lonely Lisa, Du temps and Sois moi - Be Me (both are from Les Mots, so they are not a problem). All these songs would make an awesome 'electronic' album, I would really love to hear more songs like Oui... mais non, it's in my TOP3 of all time, maybe it's even TOP1. In the first four songs I can hear some similarities and feel the atomosphere of Avant que l'ombre and Point de suture (for me both albums are so similar, I'm sure that I would not say which songs are from which album Except the best and the most popular ones of course ). But I can't find a place in Bleu Noir for Oui... mais non and Lonely Lisa, RedOne's music just does not fit to the Moby's one. But I'm really happy that these songs have been created anyway.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, because she has just created such album like Monkey Me, all the songs included on that one are perfectly fitted. And I assume that it is her idea to balance the music genres on the albums. She's doing it perfectly.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Ethical

Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
I never focus that much on the lyrics (except such songs like Rêver, Je te dis tout, Dans mon sac, Mon chevalier etc.), so my views are rather about the musicial composition of certain songs. Sorry if they seem to be irrational and weird
I do not want to be malicious but regarding how crazy you are about MF - who is a book worm and word player - it is kind of shameful you hardly focus on her lyrics... You're missing an enormous part of Mylèneland. *sigh*
Ah, ok. Thing is, the music is a half of a song, the other half being its lyrics. Each one is equally important. I think OETI does not fit because of the latter. Though, with alternated lyrics it could.

Give me a while to digest the issue about those "unmatching" songs, will you? It is really interesting and no, not irrational or weird at all.

In "Dessine-moi un mouton" Mylène's singing sounds totally "Innamoramento", not "Anamorphesée" at all, don't you think? But I do agree about its composition.
The Round belong