Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Replace J'en ai marre with J'ai pas Vingt Ans and you've got my story exactly! Yeah most celebrities these days aren't at all worth getting obsessed about because they'd just let you down, but Alizée is worth it a million times over. Welcome to the club.
Thank you. Alizée is definitely worth it, she's amazing!

Happens all the time

Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

alizee: Being pure win since 2000
Old 06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Alizée pure enjoyment for me since the beginning.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Used to be basically a spiritual enlightenment, but now it's just a very enjoyable hobby.
Big change I guess, but I still love the hell outta Alizée!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Been Awhile Since I've Welcomed Anyone.

Rictor, welcome to the insanity! Nuff said.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Alright so it's been close to 4 months since I joined AAM and posted this thread, and here's the update:

Back in April I remember thinking to myself, "ok, if I can somehow get a message to Alizée thanking her for the way she changed my life, I'll be less crazy about her and will finally move on." After writing out what I needed to say, I had someone fluent in French help me translate it. After that, I posted what I wanted to say to her on her facebook wall. Although I was obviously drowned out by a billion other posts such as "I LOVE YOU, MARRY ME" and "durrr your [sic] hot," I did feel better after I wrote my little letter, but it wasn't enough. I still felt this longing to be with her...or at least someone who can make me feel the same way she does.

I figured that the healthiest way for me to get over this Alizée fixation would be to find someone in real life that I can be with; someone I can eventually fall in love with. So I started dating again to see if I could meet someone new. Well, once you finish school, your chances for meeting new people dramatically decreases. I used to take for granted the fact that I could always meet someone new each semester...not the case anymore since I graduated. Luckily, over the years I've found it really easy to strike up random conversations with women. So I've never really had to resort to bars or clubs or any low quality type place.

But as soon as I started to get to know these women, I felt more alone than ever. The women I've met in New York are so similar in character and personality traits that I might as well have been dating the same woman over and over again.

Even when I am in my lowest moments, I think back to how happy she made me feel in 2007 when I discovered her. No one can ever take that away from me. Whether I find what I want or not, Alizée will always have a special place in my heart.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:46 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Alright so it's been close to 4 months since I joined AAM and posted this thread, and here's the update:

Back in April I remember thinking to myself, "ok, if I can somehow get a message to Alizée thanking her for the way she changed my life, I'll be less crazy about her and will finally move on." After writing out what I needed to say, I had someone fluent in French help me translate it. After that, I posted what I wanted to say to her on her facebook wall. Although I was obviously drowned out by a billion other posts such as "I LOVE YOU, MARRY ME" and "durrr your [sic] hot," I did feel better after I wrote my little letter, but it wasn't enough. I still felt this longing to be with her...or at least someone who can make me feel the same way she does.

I figured that the healthiest way for me to get over this Alizée fixation would be to find someone in real life that I can be with; someone I can eventually fall in love with. So I started dating again to see if I could meet someone new. Well, once you finish school, your chances for meeting new people dramatically decreases. I used to take for granted the fact that I could always meet someone new each semester...not the case anymore since I graduated. Luckily, over the years I've found it really easy to strike up random conversations with women. So I've never really had to resort to bars or clubs or any low quality type place.

But as soon as I started to get to know these women, I felt more alone than ever. The women I've met in New York are so similar in character and personality traits that I might as well have been dating the same woman over and over again.

Even when I am in my lowest moments, I think back to how happy she made me feel in 2007 when I discovered her. No one can ever take that away from me. Whether I find what I want or not, Alizée will always have a special place in my heart.
I think we can all say that. I've followed some other artists before, but for some reason, Alizee just seems different. She has that special thing on her. I just find myself listening or watching her video over and over. Thank God for En Concert! Speaking of which, I just bought a second copy from Mexico (the first one that I had would not play on my DVD and TV since it is not NTSC format). However, the second one is kind of low quality and missing some scenes (i.e. The scene where she said something after Hey! Amigo). And the audio does not seem to be in synch - with all the songs - JEAM! But, I still watch and enjoy it 'cause at least I could watch Alizee on big screen TV! It's cheaper than buying a new one!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
Rictor my friend you are completely sane and seem an average everyday normal guy . There is no cure for love only acceptance and as you said later in this topic unconditional .

New York women - the brutal honesty and attitude to me is the best i love em . To me there it seems you are just in a place of life enjoying your solitude
so do not feel like you are missing out on something . The only thing you are really missing there is the reality that you are fine and not missing anything as far as i can tell from this brief but somewhat elaborate topic .

Big head - definitely just a sign of a friendly relationship interaction , friends will bust on each other . He knows it bothers you by your gestures , mannerisms , facial expressions when that button is pushed . As i am sure the same you do to him in ways such as the love for Alizee' . Only thing i can suggest there is as the saying goes never let them see you sweat . Do not react and if it is say Alizee or something else pushing his button to fire at you with the big head remark then change yourself . I mean really it seem to me without actually being there and seeing it first hand he just wants some acceptance from you to say " yes she is hot " of course then you can add but i still love Alizee the best . Hopefully i do not come off there as saying your doing anything wrong . Anyway big head = bigger brain but she is so petite and tiny tinkerbellish to me that is just silly boy talk .
Again i hope that does not sound condescending , it is all natural .

Knowing Alizee - yes we can pick up on things as yourself and others mentioned or agree with , but we really do not know her personally .
Not saying there anyone feels they have a personal relationship with her but
it is all very speculative to say the least . I am 100% sure she is sweet just we never know , after all she is only human even though an angel . Perhaps she would be like " beat the he11 out of that guy he is being a jerk " .
Things like that we will just never know .

The Spell - That is part of you which only yourself has created ( ok admittedly a bit of help from ML ) , completely normal , natural and actually cool . No harm being done to anyone .

Thanks for sharing your story as others stated above it reminded me of similarities . There really is something special about the truth of expressing oneself honestly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
No No No You must not feel so all alone. Everyone touched by Alizee's charm is in the same boat. I was struck by her only days ago. I did have another celebrity crush before. It was Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone. Now I have another crush. I agree that this one is more about Alizee's inner beauty and the way she smiles and carries herself. American women learn from her how to make a man fall all over you!
I had the same " crush " on Madonna and obviousilly since 2001ish Alizee , still do in a way with our Lucky Stars . Those parts of our lives touched by these delicacies is something that always will be who we are thanks to them .

Quote:
Hmm how to put this . . . Alizee has become part of you and always will be just like a good friend or even closer family . Even if say in three years from now you look back and think " what was i thinking ! " , she is part of your life which you have accepted to be proud of and honored by . Asking wether you find what you want or not is an easy answer for me to give you . Which is you have found what you want and seem quite content with that . Now yes a " real " ( to put it into one word even though Alizee is real ) relationship maybe what you long for and be more fulfilling . As the saying goes , everything happens for a reason . Enjoy every moment of life , even if some of those moments say are the spell or big head and so on . Life is short , it may seem long at times but when you look back in retrospect you will then see how much you loved every moment . Including the somewhat painful or frustrating times in life to the opposite like the pure joy Alizee seems to give .
Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmm, well, seems to me you've got two separate questions here, the Alizée spell question and the women-in-your-life question. They're not really related, because of course the prospects of dating Mlle. Jacotey are not encouraging. (Sorry.)

Are you sure you'd even want to? How similar are you to Jérémy Chatelain -- the one dude we know for certain she's gone for? You described him once as an "emo pansy," but I wasn't sure if you were serious or not. If you were, then Alizée is the kind of woman who goes for men you look down on as emo pansies which means you probably wouldn't be interested once you got to know her. And if that's true, then it can be kind of empowering to realize that and, in your mind, politely tell her thanks for the compliment but it would never work out and it would be best to just be a friend and fan.

As far as meeting women is concerned, maybe the key is to find women that share interests you have, so you know you have something in common at least. And you can also screen the prospects for whatever it is you haven't liked about New York ladies.

Her Grace does cast a spell. (I think she literally does, but we won't go there.) It can be a nice thing but a little risky if you let it steer you somewhere you don't want to go. Think of it as like surfing and she's the wave. Got to keep your balance.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Hmm, well, seems to me you've got two separate questions here, the Alizée spell question and the women-in-your-life question. They're not really related, because of course the prospects of dating Mlle. Jacotey are not encouraging. (Sorry.)

Are you sure you'd even want to? How similar are you to Jérémy Chatelain -- the one dude we know for certain she's gone for? You described him once as an "emo pansy," but I wasn't sure if you were serious or not. If you were, then Alizée is the kind of woman who goes for men you look down on as emo pansies which means you probably wouldn't be interested once you got to know her. And if that's true, then it can be kind of empowering to realize that and, in your mind, politely tell her thanks for the compliment but it would never work out and it would be best to just be a friend and fan.

As far as meeting women is concerned, maybe the key is to find women that share interests you have, so you know you have something in common at least. And you can also screen the prospects for whatever it is you haven't liked about New York ladies.

Her Grace does cast a spell. (I think she literally does, but we won't go there.) It can be a nice thing but a little risky if you let it steer you somewhere you don't want to go. Think of it as like surfing and she's the wave. Got to keep your balance.
You never know for sure what kind of guy a girl who go for. The secret is that they DON'T really have a "type." Case in point, I had a female friend who swore that she only dated really skinny guys who dressed a certain way, was shy, etc. So guess what happened when I introduced her to my best friend - a tall, hot, muscular, smart, well endowed guy? She became nuts about him, almost on a biological level.

You're right about finding women who share my interests as a better bet for finding someone I'll like. But that's where I have the most trouble in because many of my interests are contradictory. I can't really say more without getting personal, so let's just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
...Alizée is the kind of woman who goes for men you look down on as emo pansies which means you probably wouldn't be interested once you got to know her.
False. If you truly love someone, you can forgive them of anything and you really wouldn't care what they're into or not into. Think about how many compromises married couples make to make the relationship work.

Your responses to what I say are very predictable and unoriginal. I can't believe that you would think I haven't explored these areas already.

Edit:

Also, I don't believe that two people need to be equals in order for them to be in a relationship. It's more about how much they care about each other, how strong their connection is, etc. There only needs to be a modicum of common ground, but I honesty doubt that Alizée would be attracted to every single guy who looks or dresses somewhat like Jeremy. That's like saying I would like every brunette who has Alizée's hairstyle. It's never that simple. I'm sure in spite of his emo-ness, Jeremy probably has OTHER indefinable characteristics about him that she's attracted to.

Last edited by Rictor; 08-09-2010 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
alizee, beautiful, interview, tinkerbell