Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Tea?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:51 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This caused me to look for Alizee finger pictures this morning.

You are right. In the picture in question, her index finder is very ET-like. I have always thought she had beautiful fingers and in proportion to her body. In the picture, it looks like she had played the Pull My Finger prank way too much. I think it an optical illusion because of the background.

With a sigh of relief, I found the picture below with that same forefinger extended, and it looks normal.

Now I can resume my day with a clear head.

Although I'm critical of Alizee's tattoos, I like the lizard.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:04 PM

http://guastavinos.com/how-to-create...with-dopamine/ Goal setting and achieving is a sure-fire way to have dopamine act as an excitatory agent. It doesn’t even have to be a big or long-term goal. Set small goals or break a big one into smaller parts. When you get close to accomplishing each one, dopamine will release.

Telling people about your goal also helps you finish the task. Being realistic is another great tip to ensure success. The more accountable you are for the goal and the more accessible it is, the easier it will be to jump the hurdle and set the brain on-track for some feel-good emotional rewards.

What are other natural ways to increase dopamine levels and excite the brain?

Here are some options to include at your next event:
•Nutrient-rich foods: proteins, almonds, apples, avocados, bananas, chocolate, green tea, watermelon (it’s been dubbed the “tyrosine connection” – tyrosine is a neurotransmitter and amino acid, a building block of protein, that encourages your brain to release dopamine)
•Exercise: incorporate stretching or basic yoga poses between sessions to get your audience back on track and ready to engage (exercise improves the flow of nutrients to the brain)
•Conversely try meditation at the beginning of new sessions: this enhances our ability to learn, raises creativity and helps with relaxation (photography and listening to music count as meditative practices, too)
•The act of seeking and finding activates reward circuits: have the audience seek out clues around the room or search on their smartphones for the top five Google search results for a particular topic

By incorporating small goal setting, nutrient-rich foods, exercise and mind-stimulating activities, your attendees will be rewarded with a much appreciated, natural dose of dopamine. This in turn will leave them better able to remember what took place during the event and produce positive memory recall for the event. Which in full turn means you, the event organizer, accomplished your goal … Enjoy the dopamine-activated reward.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:56 PM

https://tashabooji.wordpress.com/201...ine-ibuprofen/ Mode of Action of Turmeric

Turmeric, a widely studied nutraceutical (Gupta et al 2013) possess anti-inflammatory, hypoglycemic, antioxidant, wound-healing, and antimicrobial activities (Aggarwal and Sung 2009).

Turmeric is shown to be gene inlufluencing, specifically pleiotropic (influences two or more unrelated phenotypic traits ) which come from its ability to modulate many signaling molecules such as pro-inflammatory cytokines, apoptotic proteins, NF–κB, cyclooxygenase-2, 5-LOX, STAT3, C-reactive protein, prostaglandin E2, prostate-specific antigen, adhesion molecules, phosphorylase kinase, transforming growth factor-β, triglyceride, ET-1, creatinine, HO-1, AST, and ALT (Gupta et al 2013). In particular it down regulates COX-2, lipoxygenase, and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) enzymes; Inhibition of the inflammatory cytokines, tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α), interleukin (IL)-1, -2, -6, -8, and -12, monocyte chemoattractant protein, and migration inhibitory protein; and down-regulates mitogen-activated and Janus kinases (Dulbecco and Savarino 2013).
Old 05-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
Turmeric, a widely studied nutraceutical (Gupta et al 2013) possess anti-inflammatory, hypoglycemic, antioxidant, wound-healing, and antimicrobial activities (Aggarwal and Sung 2009)
One of the reasons I really like my current physician is that he is a proponent of supplements to help treat common medical problems, such as inflammation, instead of writing another prescription. I have been taking turmeric daily, by his suggestion, for at least a year for inflammation and I have found it helpful.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Most prescriptions don't work because the "non-responders" are actually low in certain nutritional factors which, supply the monoamines/growth factors/etc the PRESs work on, which by then attenuates most common medical needs for the medication.
Curcumin goes great with PUFAs and Vitamins B6,Folate,Zinc,Ascorbic acid..

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...28098715003334
"Resveratrol and curcumin are two natural polyphenols extensively used due to their remarkable anti-inflammatory activity"

In conclusion, the strategy of co-encapsulating resveratrol and curcumin in lipid-core nanocapsules improves their efficacy as oedematogenic agents, with no evidence of hepatotoxic effects. This is a promising strategy for the development of new schemes for treatment of chronic inflammation diseases, like arthritis"

Last edited by VitaminAlizée333; 05-07-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Hopkins study shows combination of curcumin and quercetin greatly reduces size and number of colorectal polyps https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Pres.../08_01_06.html

A small but informative clinical trial by Johns Hopkins investigators shows that a pill combining chemicals found in turmeric, a spice used in curries, and onions reduces both the size and number of precancerous lesions in the human intestinal tract.

In the study, published in the August issue of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, five patients with an inherited form of precancerous polyps in the lower bowel known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) were treated with regular doses of curcumin (the chemical found in turmeric) and quercetin, an antioxidant in onions, over an average of six months. The average number of polyps dropped 60.4 percent, and the average size dropped by 50.9 percent, according to a team led by Francis M. Giardiello, M.D., at the Division of Gastroenterology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and Marcia Cruz-Correa, M.D., Ph.D., at Johns Hopkins and the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 PM

"Blueberry supplementation induces spatial memory improvements and region-specific regulation of hippocampal BDNF mRNA expression in young rats."
Old 06-13-2018, 03:00 PM

Transdermal Magnesium patches.
Magnesium helps to regulate cholesterol levels and tends to get depleted when we are under pressure. Too little magnesium may trigger headaches and fatigue leading to stress. One cup of spinach goes a long way in replenishing magnesium stores. Magnesium helps to keep our nerves and muscles relaxed and prevent them from becoming overexcited; a deficiency of which can lead to muscle tension, cramps and fatigue. Spinach is a magnesium powerhouse, and also a good source of vitamin A, C, iron and foliates. One cup of fresh spinach or half a cup of cooked spinach a day is a stress relaxant. Low potassium levels can cause muscle tiredness, fatigue, irritability and anxiety. Broccoli is a source of natural potassium; it is also rich in beta-carotene, vitamins C and E that strengthen immune system. With A (HINI) on the loose, it is wise to eat a few servings of broccoli each week.

Also magnesium as pain-reducing effects.
"Curcumin pre-treatment decreased the zinc and magnesium levels and increased iron level when
compared to the Cd-only treated group. Curcumin treatment alone decreased the level of calcium and magnesium in comparison to the control group of mice"

Another well-recognized natural product-derived molecule is curcumin, which has more than 100 different targets, among them TRPV1 [69,70]. Curcumin reduces capsaicin-induced calcium rise and inward current in DRG neurons of both mice and rats [69] by antagonizing TRPV1 receptors [71].

Edit:

combination of magnesium, curcumin and capsaicin?

Last edited by VitaminAlizée333; 06-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
Also magnesium as pain-reducing effects.
I find beer pretty good at this too!

Tags
healthydiet