Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default Best US city for Alizee to give a first concert?

If Alizee would ever entertain the notion of giving a concert in the US, what would be her best destination to draw a good crowd?

I haven't been everywhere in the US, but I think Austin might be the place. It has an active night life with a vibrant music scene and tons of young people. People are very friendly and open to new things, which includes music.

It's a good central location in the US and a favorite destination for those looking for a good time.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think Austin would be an excellent choice. I was there in my military days. Nice college crowd there. There is another French singer I think around Alizee's age who's performed there at least a couple of times and we've talked about her before, but her name escapes me at the moment.

Other than Austin, maybe a city with a fairly good sized French speaking population like maybe New Orleans?
Old 09-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Other than Austin, maybe a city with a fairly good sized French speaking population like maybe New Orleans?
New Orleans might actually be a better choice than Austin because of the attractions that she might enjoy outside of the show, and for the French connection (no pun intended). Jazz is her favorite music to dance to, and there would be plenty of that in NO.

Either place, I think crowd size would not be a concern. Fans will travel to see her if it was properly promoted. I know I would, and if the venue had assigned seats, I would pay whatever it would take to get front row.

Since Alizee has a contact point for booking, it sounds like she would travel and perform even for a private party if someone was well-heeled enough to pay the cost. So, I am assuming that if somebody can organize a show in the US, she will come.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There is another French singer I think around Alizee's age who's performed there at least a couple of times and we've talked about her before, but her name escapes me at the moment.
Yelle maybe? I remember Jung went to see her and got a picture and autograph with her.

There's also Melissa Mars, maybe Nolwenn Leroy? One these ladies performed at a French festival if I recall correctly

And I second the New Orleans idea. If she wanted to do a couple of shows, she could try one on each coast, NYC and LA
Old 09-22-2018, 04:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Yelle maybe? I remember Jung went to see her and got a picture and autograph with her.

There's also Melissa Mars, maybe Nolwenn Leroy? One these ladies performed at a French festival if I recall correctly

And I second the New Orleans idea. If she wanted to do a couple of shows, she could try one on each coast, NYC and LA
Yes Yelle is the singer I was thinking of. Thanks for remembering that Fall. She seemed to have good success in this country.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I would love for Alizée to come to Austin as it's just up the road from my home in San Antonio, and as already mentioned, it's a central location that might even draw fans out of Mexico. I wonder how many Americans know of her existence, let alone are fans. The fans she has will definitely travel to see her, but are there enough of them in the USA to make it worth her journey? How many are active on Alizée America? My impression is two or three dozen. Is that anywhere near enough.

The fact that AA has communicated with her on several occasions recently might draw her interest. Let's hope so. She might make an appearance or two in the U.S. simply to build her fan base. I'm confident that if she had made appearances in the U.S. as a teenager, she would have a huge base here now. What do you think drew her to Warsaw?

Old 09-22-2018, 06:17 PM
Administrator

I knew you would like the Austin idea Shepherd

Both my sons live in Austin. If she showed up there, it's time they learn a little secret about Dad.

If I am not mistaken, it was the fan base that attracted Alizee to Mexico. As far as Warsaw, could it be as simple as her Polish fan base urging the concert promoters to hire Alizee for the show, and they did knowing that would be a big draw?

I think Alizee would go where she feels wanted. Not sure what it would take to make her feel that way about America.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:07 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I think if there had been a natural outpouring of demand that she would have come to the US. It was the American music Industry she had concerns about , not the USA itself.

By the way, since she said that she would "see you soon," I guess the debate as to location is very appropriate.

Last edited by Rev; 09-23-2018 at 02:21 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 10:51 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

"I will see you soon" is one of those phrases in the language book that everyone learns with "Hello" and "Goodbye." When Alizée said "see you soon," I don't think that means anything.

I wonder why MF, Alizee, and Sony decided not to tour the USA from the very beginning. They were probably put off by Alizee's language problem, but I think that was a miscalculation. America would have fallen in love with her even without her speaking English. Now, Alizee is beyond making a big splash in the USA. She could still make a living here but just as another female vocalist. More than Alizee's loss, I think it's our loss.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I wonder why MF, Alizee, and Sony decided not to tour the USA from the very beginning. They were probably put off by Alizee's language problem, but I think that was a miscalculation. America would have fallen in love with her even without her speaking English. Now, Alizee is beyond making a big splash in the USA. She could still make a living here but just as another female vocalist. More than Alizee's loss, I think it's our loss.
Maybe to Sony, Alizee would not fit into what was popular in America in the early 2000's in the female pop world, with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at the peak of their careers and setting new standards in increasingly trashy music/performances and erratic behavior. Then, of course, there was Madonna doing her thing. And Janet Jackson, etc. Alizee and her music might have been seen as a pop tart compared to what was selling big in America at that time. On top of that, the language issue.

But you are right in that the contrast of what Alizee offered in comparison to what was going on in the American music scene would have attracted a large following. Maybe large enough to set the direction of female pop on a different course, where you can be beautiful and sexy without having to perform almost without clothes. Maybe that is what Sony didn't want.