Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks for the posts Karin.

I think it's unfortunate that most of the shows that she appears on focus on her signature songs and I think those are not the ones that bring out the best of her "live" voice.

I would have liked to have heard PLP instead of MJ.
L'Alize instead of JAM
and Tempete instead fo ML.

I'm not crazy about that hairdo either.
PLP and Tempete would not fit in such show. It would sound much better in a separate dedicated solo performance.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
PLP and Tempete would not fit in such show. It would sound much better in a separate dedicated solo performance.
Agreed. And I'll be uploading the performance to Vimeo.com which allows a direct 1080p download if any one is having trouble downloading the performance or cannot view it in the .ts format.

Can't wait to watch this!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks melovelily for posting that. An added benefit was Ecris L'Histoire was another very good song I enjoyed from the 2010 Les Enfoires show. Now I know who sang it originally, or maybe it's a remake of an older song. Either way it's a great song and he has a very good voice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tGT6a92Wmy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yeah, Gregory Lemarchal was a great Singer

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
If that so, then yay! An album name I can pronounce!
Cinq??>???????

Last edited by ptjmwa; 01-04-2013 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post

WUBZ

Edit : awww in ML she did the little cute dance she used to do at 7:01 MUST GET GIF
I love the way she looks here!! It's like half and half Zée, the old Psych curls and the Isla Bonita pulled back kind of style I'm no hairdresser so excuse my poor description

Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
I like the new dooo. She is always on the cutting edge.

It is very Rihannesque

Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy View Post
I enjoyed the performance very much, but there is just one thing that bothers me a bit. I don't know when she started doing this, but quite often during a song she'll add an upward inflection (the best way I can describe it) on the last word of a verse and it just doesn't sound good. That's my only critique, not even a big deal, just throwing it out there.
At least since the Psychedelices tour in 2008 it seems to be used in greater extent. Sounds good in happy poppy songs like JEAM and less good in 'darker' songs like Moi Lolita.

Anyways you can hear how much better her voice works with the old songs compared to MJ. Nice dress and hair, similar to the one she had on the TV5 Monde show, one of my all time favourites.

<3
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Well I very much liked the way Alizée spoke at the end of this performance.. her singing was nice but I always look foward to those little talks she sometimes has at the end of a performance too.

She's just soooooooooo......... well you know what I mean.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 01-05-2013 at 12:10 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

I have to give Alizee credit, she's still as beautiful as ever. And these songs brought back the feeling of the old Alizee that I love.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy View Post
I enjoyed the performance very much, but there is just one thing that bothers me a bit. I don't know when she started doing this, but quite often during a song she'll add an upward inflection (the best way I can describe it) on the last word of a verse and it just doesn't sound good. That's my only critique, not even a big deal, just throwing it out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
At least since the Psychedelices tour in 2008 it seems to be used in greater extent. Sounds good in happy poppy songs like JEAM and less good in 'darker' songs like Moi Lolita.

Anyways you can hear how much better her voice works with the old songs compared to MJ. Nice dress and hair, similar to the one she had on the TV5 Monde show, one of my all time favourites.
First of all, she looked fantstic and sang very well. Also, the hairdo was a nice experiment (not a favorite, but still a nice change). In addition, I liked the eye shadow (again, a nice experiment). Finally, the intense eye contact with the boy came over very well, as did the brief turn and arm waving.

Now, on to the inflection. She did it so much, and occassionally so intenslely, in 2008 that it drove me nuts in the Mexican videos of her performances - so much so that I can't even watch a couple of them. She HAS to train herself out of doing those inflections - EVER! She is an emotional person, and I 'm sure they are a by-product of her emotionality. However, they simply don't work. I wonder if she did them back in Mylenes day and M trained her out of it at the time?

IF she likes to do them, she can feel free to do them all she wants when in the shower (except this could hinder her breaking the habit). But she should never do them again when performing.

This was Alizée at her best. I hope we see a lot more of her like this.