Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I'm in again
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. When you guys say Virgin Megastore....which one are we talking about here? I live in New York, so if you guys are going to have that private autograph session here....PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME IN ON THIS! Would I....get to meet her? (crosses fingers)

If not, next best thing: definitely up for shelling out a few for a personalized autographed CD.

Keep me posted, guys!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 AM

The Virgin Mega Store we are talking about resides in Paris.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Whoa, whoa, WHOA. When you guys say Virgin Megastore....which one are we talking about here? I live in New York, so if you guys are going to have that private autograph session here....PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME IN ON THIS! Would I....get to meet her? (crosses fingers)

If not, next best thing: definitely up for shelling out a few for a personalized autographed CD.

Keep me posted, guys!
I thought that all Virgin Megastores in the US were closed.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Yes we are assuming it will take place at the Virgin Mega store in Paris. As Brian pointed out, to have this happen again would be a miracle. I anticipate this album will do well. I think with it's initial promotion before it's release, it will becomoe a new album that will be in big demand in France. If that's the case, they may anticipate a large crowd at the next signing which might make it unlilkely they can accommodate us, even if they want to and if they do, it might happen in a different form. They could possibly say "Give us a list of the names you want signed to the cds and the day after the signing, you can pick them up at the VMS" or they might say a similar thing with the addition of "for a fee of so many dollars (euros), we will have them shipped to a central location in the U.S.".

As Brian mentioned, we will be contacting Sony for this instead of the VMS for reasons that will be revealed later.

Last time 50 cds was the target level. There were a few members who for various reasons, did not want their names released, but there were members in here who were "demanding" all the names be posted. We are going to set a target of 100 cds (one to a customer please). One of the mods will be posting a list of names, but once we have reached our goal, don't expect a list of all 100 names. One of us will provide a map of "potential" recipients. Maybe we will use the same map that I believe it was Doc provided before.

Like we did before, we will be asking members to just ask for a single word name to be signed on the cd. If she is nice enough to do this for us again, we want to make it as easy as possible for her.

As far as cost, last time it was about $31 (23.50 for the cd and the rest for shipping). I anticipate a higher price this time, but I'd say it wont cost more than 35 including shipping.

Of course we don't want any money until we know that this will happen. Preferred method of payment will be Paypal. We didn't receive much notice last time of when the autograph session would be held and I guess we can not make our request to them until we know when and where. So that will leave little time for collecting money. If recipients agree to use paypal and if we have your e-mail address, we can quicklly send you a paypal bill.

Of course other methods of payment will be accepted such as cash or money order.

As we mentioned before and will keep mentioning, the odds of this happening again I think are infinitely small. Don't get your hopes up! But we will give it a try.

One other thing I'd like to point out is the last time this happened, in the letter they sent to Ben, if my memory serves me correctly, it said " Alizee would be doing this for her American fans". That was something that I'm sure was said because of the name of this forum, but some members got the idea that only American fans would get cds. Some of our most dedicated members and fans come from outside of America and any person who is a member of this forum can request an autographed cd.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-19-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 10:57 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
I thought that all Virgin Megastores in the US were closed.
Bloody hell, why must there always be a problem?!

Hm...anyone know what a ticket to Paris might cost these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

As far as cost, last time it was about $31 (23.50 for the cd and the rest for shipping). I anticipate a higher price this time, but I'd say it wont cost more than 35 including shipping.

Of course we don't want any money until we know that this will happen. Preferred method of payment will be Paypal. We didn't receive much notice last time of when the autograph session would be held and I guess we can not make our request to them until we know when and where. So that will leave little time for collecting money. If recipients agree to use paypal and if we have your e-mail address, we can quicklly send you a paypal bill.
Sounds good, Scruffy! I haven't used paypal in probably over a year, but I'll be sure to make sure I transfer some funds into my account just for this special occasion. Hopefully this will all work out. If I remember correctly, I joined this forum RIGHT AFTER you guys did that last signing for the UEDS album and missed out.

Keep us posted, guys!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Bloody hell, why must there always be a problem?!

Hm...anyone know what a ticket to Paris might cost these days?

Keep us posted, guys!
Just checked through Kayak, New York to Paris is around $1250 round trip during the summer. If she has this get together in the fall that price can drop below $1,000.

Notice the cost to you if you had to fly to Paris to get an autographed CD not including hotel or transportation costs.
So try to be generous when paying for the CD if this signing comes about.

Last edited by ALS; 06-19-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 PM

I still don't know what's going to happen with my job. There's a big court date coming up this week. It's possible I could lose my flight benefits before september and I could lose my job. If I do, I plan on buying a ticket. The only thing that could keep me from going is if I have to transfer to another city and I can't arrange to get those days off. I can't use sick time. With this job, even if we book a flight on another airline (using an airline employee discount), we have to book it through a company website and if the company finds out you flew on a day you called in sick,you're fired.

The other thing that could prevent me is if I have to get a job with another company and they wont let me take the time off, but I'm fairly certain, what ever will happen, will happen later in the year, but I just have to realize it's a remote possibility. If anyone else goes, and I don't, I don't know if they'll want to go through the trouble of carrying a 100 cds back to the U.S., then shipping them out. We'll just have to play it by ear.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Just checked through Kayak, New York to Paris is around $1250 round trip during the summer. If she has this get together in the fall that price can drop below $1,000.

Notice the cost to you if you had to fly to Paris to get an autographed CD not including hotel or transportation costs.
So try to be generous when paying for the CD if this signing comes about.
Check Luftunsa ... I saw tickets round trip from Newark Airport to Frankfut and then Paris (and back) for $800 ... but that was a few months ago. Also look for the A380 and 747 planes ... they are usally cheaper to fly on then flying on the standard 767

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...pecialid=11250
Or fly to Dusseldorp here for $673 and then take a Bus or Train (Europe is really good on high speed rail ... better than our crappy Acela) to Paris. It would be like 6 hours by bus (I take an 8 hour bus sometimes from NYC to Buffalo) or 4 hours or less by high speed rail.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-19-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Well we've hardly begun and already we have a major setback. I was doing a little surfing and found out that the Virgin Megastore where the last autograph session took place is closing. We already have to come up with a plan B when we hadn't even finalized a plan A.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/03/a...loses-in-paris

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Closed Thread