Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
The only problem is I think most of her fans are spread all over the world unlike the others who have mostly French fans as evidenced by comments on their Youtube videos and FB accounts. This makes it hard for Alizee to hold concerts. Maybe she should think of holding a concert in one place and make it available online on a pay-per-view basis. Top Rank (boxing) just did that last month (Mosley vs Pacquiao).
That's what DVDs are for. It would probably cost her more money to broadcast than she'd make in profit.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Looks like she is finally getting some traction from her appearances.
Well yeah possibly.. but I think she's always had many, many, many more fans than people think. Arrgghhh useless comment!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 06-05-2011, 02:31 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If just half of those people would by her CDs when they are released, she'd be in great shape.
Agreed 100%. BTW she just added more than 600 fans/friends in 24 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
That's what DVDs are for. It would probably cost her more money to broadcast than she'd make in profit.
Or she could do both. I'll buy both ppv and the DVD!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Whoa, I think that pay-per-view idea is a good one. A virtual concert -- not as good as being there in person, alas, but . . . or even something downloadable for a price. Maybe that would be better. I'd definitely shell out a few dollars/Euros for a virtual Alizée concert, whereas it would be a serious expense to go to France and I would frankly not be willing to do that just for her concert (seeing her concert as part of a larger trip to France is another thing).

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Whoa, I think that pay-per-view idea is a good one. A virtual concert -- not as good as being there in person, alas, but . . . or even something downloadable for a price. Maybe that would be better. I'd definitely shell out a few dollars/Euros for a virtual Alizée concert, whereas it would be a serious expense to go to France and I would frankly not be willing to do that just for her concert (seeing her concert as part of a larger trip to France is another thing).
Going to France to see Alizée wouldn't be that hard to sell to my wife, as long as it was part of a larger trip. I *myself* would actually fly to France to see her in concert. Just to be able to say "I saw her"! Don't know why this would be so important to me, even after all these years (almost five now) - but I would totally do this...

Getting to watch (live) an Alizée PPV broadcast would be cool... but I would have to rent a HU-MON-GUS dam screen!

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well yeah possibly.. but I think she's always had many, many, many more fans than people think. Arrgghhh useless comment!
Oh I would defiantly go with that comment.

Do you guys actually think that she is invited yearly to Les Enfoires because they like her? They know the public still has a special place in their heart for Alizée. She helps fill the seats and sell DVD's of the show.

Didn't someone point out in the last month or two that Alizée is a major ratings booster for television shows she appears on in France?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Didn't someone point out in the last month or two that Alizée is a major ratings booster for television shows she appears on in France?
I wish it were true...but I need evidence to believe that...and that evidence would be tough to get!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Oh I would defiantly go with that comment.

Do you guys actually think that she is invited yearly to Les Enfoires because they like her? They know the public still has a special place in their heart for Alizée. She helps fill the seats and sell DVD's of the show.

IMO, she was by far the most beautiful woman out there and she is a joy to watch dancing. Then we all know what a great person she is on the inside, a fact that I'm sure is well known by the French people, a fact that makes her presence on the show a key focus of their planning for the show. I'm sure you all heard in the interview with her and Nolwenn how rushed the preperations for this show were, but both of them looked like they had been rehearsing for weeks. That I'm sure is another thing that is truely valuable to the producers of this show.

Look for example at this clip from this years Les Enfoires. At the start of it there are three big lugs who are walking up on stage. They were hardly into it. They were probably horrified when they told them that they were going to asked to wear a skirt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I mean a kilt. I certainly would of if I had been in their position. But directly behind them there was a man of dark complexion, and behind him there was a relatively young man ( well young in relation to me) who is just really into it. It was enjoyable to watch him. He made the best of an uncomfortable situation and entertained the crowd. I wish I could be that cool. (Who is this guy anyways?) Reminded me of the Fonz. So this is the type of guy they would want back next year on their show along with Alizee (It's a good thing for Jeremy that he already sealed the deal).

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YMtsDIe1_4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as the public liking her, you are absolutely right that there are many people in France who have a special place in their hearts for her. They are just waiting for her to come up with something truely to their liking. They will not settle for anything less than what they think is very good music. But I think all the keys pieces are in place. Alizee has gone through a learning curve since she left MF and LB and she willl apply what she has learned in her next album and that will be an awesome moment, for when she does well in France, all the elements will be in place in this country, that weren't in place in 2003, to promote her and she will come to this country and get the recognition she deserves.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-07-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
My goodness, when someone mentions french girls, I think Alizee! She's still gorgeous.

When someone mentions women, I think Alizée. She is always gorgeous.
(My version of this quote.)
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 AM
J'ai pas vingt ans

Jurre is on a distinguished road

When someone mentions anything, I think Alizée...