Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road
Default When Is Alizée America Forum Shutting Down?

[Mod-Note] There are no plans to close Alizée America Forum. [/Mod-Note]

Sad to see Alizee Forum shutting down on February 28. It was the best Alizée Forum on the planet. Alizée just has no more desire to make new albums anymore. I have not been here for two years because I have lost interest in Lili. There are so many foreign artists ready to crossover to the English market with English songs like artists Era Istrefi, Enca, and Baby G from Albania. Inna and Alexandra Stan from Romania have been successful for years. This is what Alizée should have done a long time ago but she missed the bus. How much more waiting till Alizée America say, "Let's Call It A Night" and close?

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 02-27-2017 at 06:19 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I don't think anyone ever intentionally plans to abandon Alizée, but life is full of distractions and people decide what's important to their own lives. I'm sure Alizée would never ask a fan to make compromises in their own lives for her, so she would want each person to live their lives as they choose, just as she lives her own.

Alizée is still important to me, and I believe she is to some other members here, as well as people who aren't active but still are interested in following her activities.

So I'll be sticking around.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

A couple of years ago, when the future looked bleak, I told discouraged fans at least at the beginning of the year, we'll have Les Enfoires, but as it turned out, we didn't even have that even though there were a couple of dates she could've participated in a show I thought, meant a lot for her.

This year, I wasn't going to waste fans time by saying we might have that option when I had zero faith in that myself.

All I really want, is another album. The Tournée is the same old, same old. I didn't even look for the videos this year. If someone posted one, I would watch, but it was one and done.

But I will continue to follow her and continue to try and make this forum and our Facebook page an entertaining place for her fans because I think as long as some fans, continue to follow her, she'll keep the idea of an album as a possibility. If she sees we give up, she'll give up.

If there is no album, all I'll have wasted is some of my time that would've been wasted somewhere else, but the potential upside of an album from her, could far exceed in happiness to me, just about anything else that will probably happen in my life, so I plan on sticking around.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:36 PM

daniel1985 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee fix

I really hope this site keeps going as long as possible.

You could take things at face value and come to the conclusion that everyone has disappeared and yes, a lot of people have gone.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who lurks here from time to time.

I joined almost ten years ago and even with this post, I've still only posted less than 50 times (I believe) in that decade.

According to stats, I haven't logged in since last July, posted since last March and before that, since 2014.
But I know I've visited many times without logging in and even though I rarely have anything to say, this site is a joy to have available.

Of course I am sad that Alizee has not released a new album and I was gutted when her Blonde tour got cancelled (meaning I will probably never get to see her in real life), but this site is the last 'thing' of Alizee that someone like myself has to hold on to.

It's wonderful. Like a time capsule with many of our old posts, in some cases (I believe) up to 500(?!).

You can relive the wonderful early years of this site, when so many people posted and often and that initial joy (and shortly thereafter, lets be honest, obsession (at least for a good couple of years or so)) of Alizee was capturing so many new people.

Even modern social media used by Alizee directly; Facebook / Twitter etc, will never provide the same experience as this site.

I do not care for modern social media (and I never cared for Alizee Forum (maybe it was just too bright / white - the dark and red makes this place like a secret little cave, a hidden gem of Alizeeness)). THIS is my Alizee site. (So wonderful that the layout has barely changed. Guess what? I don't like change! This site is like going back in time - such a joy!)

I believe a guy called Brad started this site (apologies if I am incorrect), so I would like to say thank you to Brad for starting this site.

I would also like to say a big thank you to Scruffydog. Scruffy, I don't think we have messaged privately since the very early years and I haven't been particularly vocal on this forum even during the peak years.

Nonetheless, I think we can all acknowledge the massive contribution you have made over the years and I would say you have kept this site alive in recent years, so THANK YOU!

I don't know if there are any other long term lurkers, including those who used to post frequently, but if there are, maybe post that you still visit from time to time.

For the administrators who may start to think the site is dead / dying, please hold on for as long as you can. I / We need this site.

From 'Moi Alizee US' to 'Alizee America', some of us are still here... this is our Alizee fix.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post

I believe a guy called Brad started this site (apologies if I am incorrect), so I would like to say thank you to Brad for starting this site.
Yeah it was Brad and I remember Brad because back in the day I wanted my account deleted as this place wasn't meant to be so important to me because yet it was and still is I'm good to still be here and I want this place to be around as I do the Alizée forum because I'm fed up with losing everything.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

This forum needs to keep going. The story of Alizée is still unfolding.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:27 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
All I really want, is another album.

If there is no album, all I'll have wasted is some of my time that would've been wasted somewhere else, but the potential upside of an album from her, could far exceed in happiness to me, just about anything else that will probably happen in my life, so I plan on sticking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
This forum needs to keep going.

As far as a possible new album is concerned I think it'd all be useless unless something much radical doesn't happen.
Unless Alizée turns around a "new vinyl record" with completely new concept, a new idea, and new associates that could help her accomplish something new and compelling to the audience, it will be all a waste of time in my opinion.
Let we just hope something much radical will really happen in the years to come, eventually.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:57 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Are you sure its closing?? Where do you get the 28th? What are the odds that I become curious the day before? I dont see why its closing down. So what if shes not making albums. Shes still in the news, dancing etc.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I remember when I started here. I was full of hope on having Alizée come to the US and do some concerts. I wrote to Regis & Kelly, The Tonight Show, David Letterman and even Saturday Night Live. I did get replies but no takers.
I went to Paris with my girl friends to see her in concert at The Rio but it got cancelled due to low ticket sales.
I always had fun in the chat rooms with Scruffydog and the rest of the old gang. To you, I was always 'just one of the guys'. You dished it out without being vulgar or rude and I always tried to be the same. It was a shame that some of the other members decided to treat me bad but that's water under the bridge.
This site always held a special place in my heart and I'm sorry to see it go.
My love to everyone who remembers me.

Dream always and all ways,
Jenna Blake AKA "Rocket"
Old 02-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Alizée America Forum IS NOT CLOSING! Who said it is?