Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-11-2018, 10:38 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 08-12-2018, 11:19 AM

[IMG]alizeeofficiel����♀️ #summer2018 #home #lucky[/IMG]

Quote:
alizeeofficiel« La vie des chiens est trop courte. C’est vraiment leur seul défaut. » �� Été 2018, record d’abandons ... écœurée ...�� #nonalabandon #ouialafidelite
teamlyonnetChaque année c'est pareil. Je ne comprendrai jamais comment on peut abandonner son animal. Il y a toujours moyen de s'arranger pour faire garder son chien pendant les vacances. Ça me révolte au plus haut point
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

alizeeofficiel "The life of dogs is too short. This is really their only fault. Summer 2018, record of abandonment ... disgusted ... #nonalabandon #ouialafidelite
teamlyonnetEvery year is the same. I will never understand how you can give up your animal. There is always a way to keep your dog on holiday. It really revolts me

Does anyone understand what this is all about?
Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
alizeeofficiel "The life of dogs is too short. This is really their only fault. Summer 2018, record of abandonment ... disgusted ... #nonalabandon #ouialafidelite
teamlyonnetEvery year is the same. I will never understand how you can give up your animal. There is always a way to keep your dog on holiday. It really revolts me

Does anyone understand what this is all about?
I think I might know what she is talking about. I lived for over a decade in the country, one county away from a major US city. People drive their dogs outside the city and into the country, and dump their dogs all the time, hoping somebody will find them and take them in.

Who knows why they dump them? Maybe their kids promised to take care of them, and they didn't. Or they never got housebroken. Or they bit somebody. I had five dogs on my property and would not let any stray wander onto the property, but I saw a lot along the roads, some with puppies following. One old timer that lived down the road took these dogs in and had over 100 on his land - that had to get expensive.

It's pretty sad actually and hate to see it.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:31 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Is it my imagination, or has Alizee had her lips puffed up a little lately?....

Nope. She is just relaxed.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
alizeeofficiel Sunday at home �� #missmyman
Old 08-15-2018, 01:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Instagram post by Alizée today. August 15th is "Assomption de Marie

15th August. The religious festival marking the passage of the Virgin Mary into heaven. It is a major feast day in the Corsican calendar with many church masses and street processions."

Looks like a nice family photo on the table. I believe that larger cross is made of seashells.

I looked up what Dio vi salvi Regina means and Wikipedia says this, " Dio vi salvi Regina (Italian for "God save you Queen") is a folk song in the culture of Corsica. The local nationalists also consider it the national anthem of Corsica. It is customary to sing it at the end of any concert of Corsican folk music.

The anthem was written as a religious song in Italy by Francis de Geronimo (later canonized) about 1675. It was adopted de facto as the national anthem of Corsica when it proclaimed independence from the Republic of Genoa at Orezza, on 30 January 1735.

Traditionally, a shepherd, Salvadore Costa, is credited[1] with converting the hymn not only to a Corsican anthem, but to a rallying symbol for Corsican independence. It was first performed at the Chapel of St. Mark (San Marco) on 25 April 1720.[1]

The anthem requests the protection of the Virgin Mary, heartily concurred in by the independence leaders. There were a few changes, such as in the second stanza from "disperati" (desperate) to "tribolati" (troubled). The commonly used version's last stanza was an original addition, written in the Corsican language, which makes reference to victory against enemies of Corsica, as to highlight the adopted lyrics' intended use.".

There's a video below of it being sung by 60 Corsican singers and below that is the English translation of the song.

St Marie.jpg

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/corsi...you-queen.html

God save you ,Queen,
And Universal Mother.
Through whose grace one rises,
To Paradise.

You are joy and mirth,
for all the disconsolate,
for all the tormented,
The only hope.

Our afflicted heart
Sighs and wails to you,
In a sea of pain,
And bitterness.

Mary, sea of sweetness ,
Turn to us
Your merciful eyes,
Maternal and loving.

Please, welcome us, the wretched ones,
In your holy veil
And show us
Your Son in heaven.

Oh Virgin Mary,
Sweet, merciful and pious,
Please accept and listen
To our affection.

Grant us the victory
on our enemies ,
And the Eternal glory ,
In Paradise.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-15-2018 at 01:16 PM..
Old 08-15-2018, 02:29 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think I might know what she is talking about. I lived for over a decade in the country, one county away from a major US city. People drive their dogs outside the city and into the country, and dump their dogs all the time, hoping somebody will find them and take them in.

Who knows why they dump them? Maybe their kids promised to take care of them, and they didn't. Or they never got housebroken. Or they bit somebody. I had five dogs on my property and would not let any stray wander onto the property, but I saw a lot along the roads, some with puppies following. One old timer that lived down the road took these dogs in and had over 100 on his land - that had to get expensive.

It's pretty sad actually and hate to see it.
Thanks, this makes perfect sense.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Grant us the victory
on our enemies ,
And the Eternal glory ,
In Paradise.

Sadness.

First of all, thanks very much for the explanation. The song has a new meaning for me, and I understand much better what it means to them, and to her.

However, just a comment for clarity. This is an example of taking a spiritual song and, by adding the last stanza, corrupting it for another purpose.

As I said, sadness.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Sadness.

First of all, thanks very much for the explanation. The song has a new meaning for me, and I understand much better what it means to them, and to her.

However, just a comment for clarity. This is an example of taking a spiritual song and, by adding the last stanza, corrupting it for another purpose.

As I said, sadness.

First off, thank you Scruffy for the research that you did on this and the detailed explanation. It was very interesting.

We had a conversation in another thread about whether Alizee was religious or not. I think having this in her home might answer that question partially.

Rev, I agree with you in that a very submissive, spiritual song was made aggressive by that last stanza. Why would they add that stanza? I think it's because Corsica was almost always occupied by other nations. I did some research on it some time ago and found that in the last few thousand years, it was only independent for maybe a century. Other than those years, they were invaded and conquered by whatever "superpower" existed at the time near them. The island was very strategic militarily.

The plea for protection and victory over enemies was done similarly by King David in the book of Psalms in the Old Testament. They were meant to be sung.

Even though there has been many wars in the last 100 years, it was still more peaceful than the centuries prior.