Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road
Default Why Are Mylene Farmer Fans Mean to Alizee?

I was lurking in the M.F. International forum to see if there was anything Alizee newsworthy. There are almost as many Alizee posts as there are ML posts. Anyway, I was going through the UEDS thread and they are like catty, mean girls bullying the new girl in school. I know it's a MF forum, but I don't think I would bash ML here. The worst I've said about ML was that she was a slave owner who worked Alizee like a horse and only threw her a few crumbs. I may have also bashed her for some horrible lyrics on Gourmandises and MCE.

I understand they may not be Alizee fans, but why so nasty towards Alizee? Jealous how people are instantly enamored with Alizee as opposed to ML? UEDS and Psychedelices may not have been commercially successful, but there's no need to gloat about that. Alizee will only be 27 in a few months. ML didn't even have her first hit until she was in her late 20s. Hell, the only reason I and most Americans know ML exists is because of Alizee.

Last edited by JoeNY; 06-18-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think the most common belief is that many MF fans naturally became Alizée fans when MF introduced her to the world. When Alizée left MF, these fans felt that Alizée was an ungrateful brat who betrayed MF. So they criticize everything Alizée has done since the split, maintaining that Alizée is nothing without MF.

Of course I personally don't see it that way. I discovered MF because of first discovering Alizée. I like pretty much all the music Alizée has done, with and without MF. And I think, at least in public, Alizée has shown a lot of gratitude towards MF. Also, sales for Alizée started a downward slope while she was still with MF, so I think it's a bit unfair to imply that her commercial success took a huge plunge only after the split.

Personally, I like a lot of MF's work and I really don't see any reason that anyone should resent MF or Alizée. I think their split was a natural progression of their careers and was pretty much inevitable.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the explanation. I got that feeling from a few Youtube comments I read a long time ago. I won't repeat anything posted on the ML thread, but I wanted to create an account just to tell them off. But it is a ML forum, so I just vented a bit here. I'm sure there are many ML fans who are also Alizee fans and love Alizee too; otherwise, I doubt there would be nearly 30,000 posts about Alizee at the forum.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I got that feeling from a few Youtube comments I read a long time ago. I won't repeat anything posted on the ML thread, but I wanted to create an account just to tell them off. But it is a ML forum, so I just vented a bit here. I'm sure there are many ML fans who are also Alizee fans and love Alizee too; otherwise, I doubt there would be nearly 30,000 posts about Alizee at the forum.
Very wise. Adding energy to a discussion focused on hate just creates more hate energy.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Just one note in passing. Calling Mylène "a slave owner who worked Alizee like a horse and only threw her a few crumbs" and calling Alizée "an ungrateful brat who betrayed MF" amount to the same sort of silliness.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Short answer:

The same reason Alizee fans are "mean" to Mylene

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Originaly there was this rumour after they split that Alizée was really disapointed and was saying bad things against Mylène ( which was totally untrue). Then the rumour came that on her solo album there was a song with bitter lyrics about Mylène ...
All of this was not true, but some Mylene fans still believe that Alizée bear a grudge against her.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Mr. Mike

I think the main problem is along with what you said bigdan; it is all about the rumor mill! There is a lot that happened between Alizee and Mylene behind the scenes that we the general public do not know about. Whether it was good or bad, few people can say. However, people cant coupe with what they dont know, but want to know, so they insert their own rational behind the story; usually inserting the more interesting story rather than the boring old factual one. This obviously leads to deception and false hate/anger.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Mylene Farmer fans are quite critical, that's why. They're blunt and the majority of them don't think everything MF does is amazing and wonderful. They're critical of Alizee because well...she hasn't done well since she left MF, they think she's made bad choices. Alizee fans tend to think she does no wrong, where MF fans are able to look at things from an objective angle.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Mylene Farmer fans are quite critical, that's why. They're blunt and the majority of them don't think everything MF does is amazing and wonderful. They're critical of Alizee because well...she hasn't done well since she left MF, they think she's made bad choices. Alizee fans tend to think she does no wrong, where MF fans are able to look at things from an objective angle.
Thats also a very good point! People have to realize Alizee can do wrong and is a not a perfect angel ... i agree with you entirely!