Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

With all the backup files cant you just create an offline version of the website and share the file on Dc++ hub for offline reading?
Old 09-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

The question is... do you really want to share everything that has happened on alizée-forum in the past 15+ years?
The hatred from and towards RMJ, the hatred towards the forum and Alizée + Gregoiry, the debate about Annily, the conspiracy theory and I could continue for days. Snatcher and Riccardo are great guys, I even communicated with Riccardo back in the days his HD went to shits.

AF is a shame to the Alizée community and members like RMJ, me and Plazmatek are partial to blame. If Alizée is every interested in who I am as a person I would not mention my forumname. I would be disgusted by the forum if I was Alizée myself
Old 09-18-2017, 02:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I agree a lot with what Paybays has to say. In the past couple of years there was so much cussing on a daily basis, so many insults, it's no surprise that people grew tired of it. In the past couple of years if you said the least thing critical of Alizee, you would be set upon and that's not right. Alizee forum is just like our forum. They are there for discussion pro and con. It's okay to be critical, but too often that criticism turned into bashing and that's something I've been guilty of myself at times along with all the other things.

RMJ had carte blanche to say what ever he wanted and he did so often. There were fights all the time and little was done to police it. It's no wonder people grew tired of it. Annily should have been a topic that was off limits, but it wasn't.

At the beginning of the year, I thought things were capable of being turned around and so I made a donation to keep it open a couple of more months , but after talking to a few of their members it was obvious they had enough of AF.

Still there's some good knowledge I think in their files such as interpretations, translations, experiences as I had said the other day and it would be a shame to lose it. If we get their files, I don't think people will care about the fights, they will care about the things I just mentioned. But as I said before, I think there will be a fairly large cost for this info and at this point in her career, with no tourne's and I'm sure there wont be a Les Enfoires though with her business, she could easily block out that time to go, so I don't think it's worth paying it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-18-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 06:18 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
With all the backup files cant you just create an offline version of the website and share the file on Dc++ hub for offline reading?
I envisioned something like that. The important thing is to secure the data now and then figure out how to provide access later.

For what it's worth, vBulletin forums are in a mySQL database, whatever that means.

All of the serious discussion, translations, analysis and personal observations of the 'old days' that exists there is a great resource to fans new and old.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-19-2017 at 06:23 AM..
Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

I doubt the entire site content is more than a terabyte or few .
Pretty simple process to rip the site and save all the information ,
one can do it by hand or there are many automated programs to do such .

Hosting said information and servers is a simple process and any questions therein
should be asked into the internets .

As for Alizee liking or disliking anything ya'll fans do is a pretty silly notion ,
her thought process on the little she does read here and there is completely
different than most assume . After all it is her , so to consider there within that raison d'etre rationalization and she is not an alizeefan therefore any of the drama wouldn't even register on the level of love to hate as the " we " who do , do's it .
Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

The non-graphical data would likely be well under 100Gig.
However, if we could also get the graphical data as well, it would be good.
mySQL is a free relational database. It is one of the more popular free Structured Query Language capable databases.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:12 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Can anyone give me Ricc's email address or some way to contact him?
Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Can anyone give me Ricc's email address or some way to contact him?
I found a possible email address for him, I'll PM it to you to rather than post it to the entire internet.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I found one too I used to send him money earlier in the year. I tried sending it to MA but it says he has no room in his box. I'll just confer with Ray to see if it's the same one he sent.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-20-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Old 09-26-2017, 03:54 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Couldn't people pool in money to save the forum?