Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I believe that she was fully aware of thr image MF was potrayjng but I believe Alizée could CARE LESS She was attempting to follow her childhood dream. And quite frankly all of this BANTOR is rather meaningless, regarding her future BANTOR AWAY EVERYONE it wont make any differeence Alizée is gonna do what she wants to do. PERIOD

Last edited by RobandSandy; 01-23-2011 at 06:08 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I second that, plus we're primarily an English speaking forum, though we do have some valuable French speaking assets such as BigDan and to have another one is such a great thing for this forum.
Especially when his level in english is better than mine...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Maybe she's so damn rich she can do whatever she wants...
Maybe it's cause she is married to someone who has quite a career.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, but your understanding of English is far better than our understanding of French.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
I've seen him doing some stuff lately, but nothing huge. Is there something I missed?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I believe that she was fully aware of thr image MF was potrayjng but I believe Alizée could CARE LESS She was attempting to follow her childhood dream. And quite frankly all of this BANTOR is rather meaningless, regarding her future BANTOR AWAY EVERYONE it wont make any differeence Alizée is gonna do what she wants to do. PERIOD
Yes, we are just playing around here. It's something to pass the time.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kind words scruffy and aaron .

I would like to make a few general comments about the present thread.
Once again, I think very few people understood the point I am trying to make. My goal is not to bring some “devastating revelation” in an effort to change people’s perception of Alizée. My goal is to provide information about a very specific point that was never made clear by Alizée herself. And I reiterate: the point is not that she was aware of the full extent of the sexual nature of her image (although she does confirm in the interview that she was aware from the beginning), the point is that she acted, from the very beginning, like she didn’t know or didn’t understand. Make of this info what you will, but as far as I am concerned, this confirmation, from Alizée herself, is an extremely important part of the Alizée puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There are different opinions in the translations of Moi Lolita, and I'd like to get Corsaire's opinion on it.
You will find many translation of Alizée’s song on the Internet and, as you might guess, the quality ranges from ridiculously bad to pretty good with a strong inclination on the former. Anyone not proficient in French should be careful with translations of Alizée’s song found here and there.

Concerning ML more specifically, I would say that anyone who claims to have translated it to perfection is fooling himself. There is no way to translate ML because it is a complex mixture of references to many concepts. To translate ML, you would have to try to respect the literal meaning, sexual references, cultural references, play on sounds, play on words and play on references to the Nabokov book. The task is simply impossible. A basic example of the difficulty is the line “mi-coton, mi-laine” which is most often translated as “half-cotton, half-wool”. The problem is that you then lose an important play on the homophones “mi-laine” and “Mylène”.

Here is a translation that might help understand the complexity of the task, and, importantly, it comes with footnotes. I do not agree with many of the interpretations and I think the author of the post pushes many concepts a bit far (to say the least), but nevertheless, it does reveal many of the hidden double-entente.

[Beware, explicit sexual content]
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=1690

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Bigdan, I think the important point is that French speaking people can provide some insight to this forum... and you have an advantage over me since you are French (culturally closer to Alizée’s work) while I am Québécois.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Or post it here. I want to hear about this shoe theory.
I don’t know what scruffy has in mind, but the red shoe can be quite symbolic in its use. I doubt we are talking about the same thing... I will wait for scruffy to commit and then will decide if I should start discussing this very delicate issue here on this forum. In the meantime, anyone interested by this subject can PM me.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
... the point is that she acted, from the very beginning, like she didn’t know or didn’t understand. Make of this info what you will, but as far as I am concerned, this confirmation, from Alizée herself, is an extremely important part of the Alizée puzzle.
Don't forget it is an "after the event confirmation". That's what she say today. I'm pretty sure Mylène did say someting about the double meaning and the Lolita concept, about Nabokov and so on, but i'm not sure Alizee gets all the aspect of the thing... Remember she a fifteen years old corsican girl at this period. So , this point is not so clear for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Bigdan, I think the important point is that French speaking people can provide some insight to this forum... and you have an advantage over me since you are French (culturally closer to Alizée’s work) while I am Québécois.

Edit:
More than this, I already met her... ( sorry couldn't resist...)

Last edited by Bigdan; 01-23-2011 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
Maybe it's not because of that rather its because she is married to someone who belongs to a rich family.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:33 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't forget it is an "after the event confirmation". That's what she say today. I'm pretty sure Mylène did say someting about the double meaning and the Lolita concept, about Nabokov and so on, but i'm not sure Alizee gets all the aspect of the thing... Remember she a fifteen years old corsican girl at this period. So , this point is not so clear for me...
This is still not what the OP is trying to address Bigdan, but never mind, I think I have to stop repeating myself here.

Quote:
More than this, I already met her... ( sorry couldn't resist...)
Touché!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Wow, could she be anymore ungrateful? If she didn't want to portray this "lolita" image, she should have never taken the gig in the first place. She had an amazing opportunity and it made her famous. Look at her now, her albums are flops and she's selling cat scarves to make a living. She has talent that she just refuses to utilize and now she is a has-been. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Artists re-invent themselves all the time, and there is nothing wrong with it. You think ANYONE famous really lets the world know who they truly are? Maybe 1%. In the music industry, sometimes you gotta fake who you are if you want a career.