Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Jenifer is a singer from Corse and has been known to be a friend of Alizée's. She has had a fairly successful singing career in France.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I am still a very new fan to Alizée and ANY French Pop, was into hard rock and metal till Apr 25, 2010 still am. But could someone please fill me in on who Jennifer is? ....

Jenifer:

Last edited by Rev; 01-25-2011 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When the Kent State Massacre occurred in Kent Ohio Neil Young went into the woods and did not come out until he had written Ohio. Neil Young, one of rocks legends, who never FOLLOWED anyone only his own heart. That is what I want to see, Alizée getting some queit time to listen to her own heart, if she can her next album is sure to be one to go down in history amongst the legends. You see call me old fashioned, but, I come from a place and time when true musicians DID NOT SELL OUT.
That was beautiful. Preach on, brother!

And Lilly loves that deep stuff. She covers Simon and Garfunkel. No shallow bimbo is she.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Thanks lefty and Rev for that. Jennifer is really good. She has her own style. And she is good. When everyone elses style runs out Alizée still has some to spare. That they are friends is good. That they may inspire one another is also a good thing. Madonna and Mylene Farmer inspired one another for years. They each had thier own style, however. All the ones who came along to try to be Madonna I dont care for, they copied someone elses style due to the fact that they had no style of thier own. I wont have to mention names there. Madonna's style won her immortalization in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So did Neil Young's. Pink Floyd, always true to thier STYLE. In the Rock Hall. Alizée has more style than anyone Ive ever seen. She does not need to follow someone elses style. She has style to spare. And severianb Lilly is deep. She adds mention of Lou Reed, tributes the Hippie generation in 5060, and writes a story about a Dylan groupie named Edie Sedgwick, covers France Gall covers Madonna.......That is what I want to see.That deep intuition that girl has, it is endued by her Creator. If she follows that, and not anothers STYLE Alizée is destined to become a pop music legend...nuff said but Madonna said this....
so many tried to be she, no one else could BE her...and Alizée cannot copy or follow anyone else.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Only problem is that Alizée does not write her own songs so she is at the mercy of others. Until she gets this piece under control it will never be 100% HER style.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM

Yes it is, I would imagine that Alizée has had some input on the songs that have been produced for her though. And if we have not witnessed 100% of her style yet, just imagine if we ever do. She has so much style that when everyone else runs out of style, she has some stashed away somewhere! Gotta go work now. See y'all later. Alizée always!!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

In a sense you are correct, as she does get to pick who writes the music and lyrics. A list that is sadly shrinking however.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Jenifer is a singer from Corse and has been known to be a friend of Alizée's. She has had a fairly successful singing career in France.
Here is a video where Lily played a joke on Jenifer, calling a tv show that Jen was on and pretending to be just another fan, that kind of shows along with what went on in the ensuing conversation, that the two of them must have been good friends.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-27-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks lefty and Rev for that. Jennifer is really good. She has her own style. And she is good. When everyone elses style runs out Alizée still has some to spare. That they are friends is good. That they may inspire one another is also a good thing. Madonna and Mylene Farmer inspired one another for years. They each had thier own style, however. All the ones who came along to try to be Madonna I dont care for, they copied someone elses style due to the fact that they had no style of thier own. I wont have to mention names there. Madonna's style won her immortalization in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So did Neil Young's. Pink Floyd, always true to thier STYLE. In the Rock Hall. Alizée has more style than anyone Ive ever seen. She does not need to follow someone elses style. She has style to spare. And severianb Lilly is deep. She adds mention of Lou Reed, tributes the Hippie generation in 5060, and writes a story about a Dylan groupie named Edie Sedgwick, covers France Gall covers Madonna.......That is what I want to see.That deep intuition that girl has, it is endued by her Creator. If she follows that, and not anothers STYLE Alizée is destined to become a pop music legend...nuff said but Madonna said this....
so many tried to be she, no one else could BE her...and Alizée cannot copy or follow anyone else.
Except she doesn't have her own style, all of her songs have been written for her. It doesn't matter who you choose to write your songs for you, you're still under a certain influence by those you choose to work with. Mylene told her to act a certain way, as I'm sure Jeremy and Chateau Marmont, etc did.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 PM

And Madonna had all of her songs written for her as well, so exactly what is your point? Madonna added her own style to all of her music. When I speak of style I am not speaking of composition or lyrics. It is Alizées charisma, charm, smile, the way she carries herslf with confidence, point blank, her talent, and I know we may not go back, but do u suppose if MF/LB had chosen another to perform Gourm and MCE could anyone have done it better, or had as much success? I dont know your age dude, but I am a bit older,seen a lot, was there when Madonna performed on MTV the first time, I knew that I had just witnessed the beginning of the career of a music legend then. When u mention that name who else is included in that class of legends? MJ, Elvis, Frank Sinatra??? When I saw Alizée at the very first, the very first video I saw, I knew then that I had just witnessed greatness legends are made of the second time in my life. Whoever composes and writes her next album I would imagine she has some say in. And it will probably have to meet with her approval, not mine, not yours, not anyone elses, hers. And whatever direction that may take, Alizée will add her talent and style to it, no one else. And when she does I shall witness greatness of the variety that legends are made of once again. U see, the first video I saw Alizée perform was La Isla Bonita, the only reason I ever found her was that I was browsing Madonna videos. Other than that I never would have known of her. And when I saw this cute, young, charming, French girl out perform Madonna with one of Madonnas hits???? I was blown away, still am, always will be. Something like that just doesnt happen by accident. Madonna was my favorite female performer until Alizée came along. I never thought in a million years I would have said that and I just did. Madonna is now my 2nd fave behind Alizée. Alizée will find her own way, and I shall be watching in anticipation of her every move.
Closed Thread