Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
And Madonna had all of her songs written for her as well, so exactly what is your point? Madonna added her own style to all of her music. When I speak of style I am not speaking of composition or lyrics. It is Alizées charisma, charm, smile, the way she carries herslf with confidence, point blank, her talent, and I know we may not go back, but do u suppose if MF/LB had chosen another to perform Gourm and MCE could anyone have done it better, or had as much success? I dont know your age dude, but I am a bit older,seen a lot, was there when Madonna performed on MTV the first time, I knew that I had just witnessed the beginning of the career of a music legend then. When u mention that name who else is included in that class of legends? MJ, Elvis, Frank Sinatra??? When I saw Alizée at the very first, the very first video I saw, I knew then that I had just witnessed greatness legends are made of the second time in my life. Whoever composes and writes her next album I would imagine she has some say in. And it will probably have to meet with her approval, not mine, not yours, not anyone elses, hers. And whatever direction that may take, Alizée will add her talent and style to it, no one else. And when she does I shall witness greatness of the variety that legends are made of once again. U see, the first video I saw Alizée perform was La Isla Bonita, the only reason I ever found her was that I was browsing Madonna videos. Other than that I never would have known of her. And when I saw this cute, young, charming, French girl out perform Madonna with one of Madonnas hits???? I was blown away, still am, always will be. Something like that just doesnt happen by accident. Madonna was my favorite female performer until Alizée came along. I never thought in a million years I would have said that and I just did. Madonna is now my 2nd fave behind Alizée. Alizée will find her own way, and I shall be watching in anticipation of her every move.
Yeah many of the best artists never wrote their own music. Great point. I'm also voting you the best Alizee water carrier in a long time. She needs to hire you as her promoter if she knows what is good for her.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Yeah many of the best artists never wrote their own music. Great point. I'm also voting you the best Alizee water carrier in a long time. She needs to hire you as her promoter if she knows what is good for her.
Man, if I heard from somewhere across the global Alizée networks that she even just wanted me as a stage hand, me and Sandy would pack up, take her cats and go!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

If Alizee is so popular and her album was so amazing, why didn't it sell better? Just because you watched a few good videos from 10 years ago, doesn't mean that she is on the same level now. Unfortunately, her career seems to be slipping instead of getting bigger and better over time. Sorry, but I've just never seen Alizee as an artist, shes a performer.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
When I saw Alizée at the very first, the very first video I saw, I knew then that I had just witnessed greatness legends are made of the second time in my life.
So you basically got a boner for a cute, sexy French singer. I don't see the big deal here.

Last edited by Euphoria; 01-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Sorry, but I've just never seen Alizee as an artist, shes a performer.
I've always thought singers were the definition of an artist....let's look in the dictionary, shall we?
Artist:
a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a public performer: a mime artist; an artist of the dance.

Seems pretty clear-cut to me.

Quote:
So you basically got a boner for a cute, sexy French singer. I don't see the big deal here.
You may not agree with Rob. You may not even respect Rob. However, being rude to another forum member is bad. Let's try and be nice to each other, even if we disagree.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If Alizee is so popular and her album was so amazing, why didn't it sell better? Just because you watched a few good videos from 10 years ago, doesn't mean that she is on the same level now. Unfortunately, her career seems to be slipping instead of getting bigger and better over time. Sorry, but I've just never seen Alizee as an artist, shes a performer.
Lack of promotion. I firmly believe that her album could have at least gotten big with the more artistic population in France had it been promoted and hyped like her previous albums.

I have to agree with you that she is less of an artist and more of a performer. As far as I know she has had little to do with songwriting and chooses only the themes of her albums; the rest appears to be done for her, and she performs them.

Quote:
Now, now, children. Let's all try to get along.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-28-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If Alizee is so popular and her album was so amazing, why didn't it sell better?
To start with, because how good an album is, and how well it sells, are two virtually unrelated subjects. H.L. Mencken once famously stated that nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the American people. One may extend the same observation to the population of other countries as well, and substitute "taste" for "intelligence" without losing relevance.

It's entirely possible for something to be a great work of art and sell miserably. In fact, that's generally the way it is with most great works of art. Don't get me wrong, I wish the album had been more of a success, and in order to keep going Alizée needs to do better commercially; however, the lack of commercial success of UEDS says NOTHING about the quality of the album itself.

Quote:
Obviously not. But that says more about your own lack of perception than it does about anything else.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-29-2011 at 01:47 AM..
Old 01-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Lack of promotion. I firmly believe that her album could have at least gotten big with the more artistic population in France had it been promoted and hyped like her previous albums.

I have to agree with you that she is less of an artist and more of a performer. As far as I know she has had little to do with songwriting and chooses only the themes of her albums; the rest appears to be done for her, and she performs them.

Now, now, children. Let's all try to get along.
Yes, lack of promotion is the CORRECT answer. And euphoria whoever you are, I do feel Alizée is sexually attractive as do most normal hot blooded males, however, if it were a pop slut I was after, there are a lot slutier American pop sluts. So your comment about me getting a boner for Zee was unwelcome and uncalled for and Sandy also comes here, so watch what the phoque you say to me, UNDERSTAND!!! First warning. Alizée is the best performer I have ever seen. And if her promoters would have had thier shit together the album would have achieved much greater commercial sucess, and euphoria get your head out of the gutter and grow the phoque up!

Edit:

[QUOTE=severianb;198559]I've always thought singers were the definition of an artist....let's look in the dictionary, shall we?
Artist:
a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a public performer: a mime artist; an artist of the dance.

You may not agree with Rob. You may not even respect Rob. However, being rude to another forum member is bad. Let's try and be nice to each other, even if we disagree.[/QUOTE I will attempt to be as nice as possible about this dude. I do not tolerate this type of behavior on the forum.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 01-29-2011 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-29-2011, 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=RobandSandy;198610]Yes, lack of promotion is the CORRECT answer. And euphoria whoever you are, I do feel Alizée is sexually attractive as do most normal hot blooded males, however, if it were a pop slut I was after, there are a lot slutier American pop sluts. So your comment about me getting a boner for Zee was unwelcome and uncalled for and Sandy also comes here, so watch what the phoque you say to me, UNDERSTAND!!! First warning. Alizée is the best performer I have ever seen. And if her promoters would have had thier shit together the album would have achieved much greater commercial sucess, and euphoria get your head out of the gutter and grow the phoque up!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I've always thought singers were the definition of an artist....let's look in the dictionary, shall we?
Artist:

You may not agree with Rob. You may not even respect Rob. However, being rude to another forum member is bad. Let's try and be nice to each other, even if we disagree.[/QUOTE I will attempt to be as nice as possible about this dude. I do not tolerate this type of behavior on the forum.
You should learn how to quote. And by the way, this "dude" is a female.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Obviously not. But that says more about your own lack of perception than it does about anything else.
Really? Because most of France considers Alizee to be a has-been, probably why the only thing she does is Les Enfoires. Sorry, but Alizee is no breakthrough artist, nor will she ever be a legend.

Its a shame too, but its really her own fault.

Last edited by Euphoria; 01-29-2011 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And by the way, this "dude" is a female.
Okay.

Quote:
Its a shame too, but its really her own fault.
Not really.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-29-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
To start with, because how good an album is, and how well it sells, are two virtually unrelated subjects. H.L. Mencken once famously stated that nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the American people. One may extend the same observation to the population of other countries as well, and substitute "taste" for "intelligence" without losing relevance.

It's entirely possible for something to be a great work of art and sell miserably. In fact, that's generally the way it is with most great works of art. Don't get me wrong, I wish the album had been more of a success, and in order to keep going Alizée needs to do better commercially; however, the lack of commercial success of UEDS says NOTHING about the quality of the album itself.

The album was rather dreary minus a few songs. It was good sure, but it was no masterpiece. It also had next to no promotion, what do you expect to happen? And yes, its almost entirely her fault if an album fails. Like you said, its HER judgement calls on who is writing her music and promoting it. She needs to stop targeting such a little audience and look at the big picture.
Closed Thread