Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What style should Lilly's next album be?
UEDS (Electro, French underground, etc.) 3 5.56%
Psych style (A mix of styles) 9 16.67%
Mylene & Laurent style (first two albums) 9 16.67%
Dance-Pop (dance music... and Alizee dancing!) 17 31.48%
Acoustic, softer (think the Guitar La Javaniese) 4 7.41%
Something else... (list it) 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

'Unfortunately female artists pretty much have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what the media labels as successful. Guys on the other hand can dress or act however they want and it doesn't really matter. It's one of those unfair double standards.'

Really??
Susan Boyle is NOT a successful female artist then??
Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
'Unfortunately female artists pretty much have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what the media labels as successful. Guys on the other hand can dress or act however they want and it doesn't really matter. It's one of those unfair double standards.'

Really??

Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Really??
If I said "all" female artists "have to" wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what "all media" labels as succesful, then you could come after me. But I didn't so look for a fight somewhere else.

Even then the word success has many definitions. If money is the only thing that matters to you then you have your opinion. Myself, and certainly not all the media think success is only measured by money.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I agree the style would fit Alizee very well although those exact songs seem too adolescent in melody and tone. I don't know what the lyrics were because I can't speak French. Soft ballads and pop with a rock edge with dancing would be great. I also agree she should do music with authority and attitude.
I agree about the fact that some of the melodies might seem a little “adolescent”, but for the most part, the lyrics would easily fit a 25-30 year old singer.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I'm sorry Corsiare, It was just too strange to me. I couldn't get into it. It seemed more like a narrative than a song. Not feeling it for myself. Not feeling it for Lilly.
Coeur de pirate style would not be what I want for her either. As I said earlier, soft-rock would be my favourite. I was just thinking of something that would be the best compromise.

And what’s with the Lily, Lilly... Come on people, it is Lili... It sounds so much better when I read it!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I enjoyed the music of Coeur de pirate, especially the song Umbrella, and think this is a style that could suit Alizée, but I think a lot of us would like to see her sing more lively music in the hope that she will do some more dancing.
Actually, I think that Alizée could pull some nice slower, more romantic dance moves on a Coeur de pirate type of music.

Quote:
Just to get off topic for a minute. Beatrice (Cdp), is a beautiful girl. Now I know values have changed quite a bit over the years since I was a kid, it's quite acceptable for girls and women to get tatoos, after all it's their own bodies, they're free to do with it what they want, but looking at Coeur de pirate, it seems such a shame what she has done to herself. Maybe to herself, they're a work of art, but to me and I wonder how many others, it's just like the disfiguring of a work of art.
I don’t like tattoos of any kind, neither on women nor men. I don’t like piercings either. It is not that I would ever judge a person on such attributes, it is just that I never really found that it improves the natural beauty of anyone.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-27-2011 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-27-2011, 01:16 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
If I said "all" female artists "have to" wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what "all media" labels as succesful, then you could come after me. But I didn't so look for a fight somewhere else.

Even then the word success has many definitions. If money is the only thing that matters to you then you have your opinion. Myself, and certainly not all the media think success is only measured by money.
Uh....no..that's precisely what you did say? I suggest you read your post again.
You were being sexist and over generalising......and i was probably nit-picking a bit.
Where you get 'if money is the only thing etc etc.' from my post is beyond me? Perhaps you can highlight where i said anything remotely like that?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Uh....no..that's precisely what you did say? I suggest you read your post again.
You were being sexist and over generalising......and i was probably nit-picking a bit.
Where you get 'if money is the only thing etc etc.' from my post is beyond me? Perhaps you can highlight where i said anything remotely like that?
"Unfortunately female artists pretty much have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what the media labels as successful." Is very different than, "Unfortunately all female artists have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what all media labels as successful."

If you think "pretty much"="all" then you are just straight up looking for a fight and your gonna have to take that up with the English language.

In my original message I purposefully left room for exceptions, like the one Jung made. You said Susan Boyle and she is an exception. And if you aren't talking about Susan Boyle being successful in terms of money then let me know. But I don't think that even she would disagree when I say she didn't get where she is today because of sex appeal.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
And what’s with the Lily, Lilly... Come on people, it is Lili... It sounds so much better when I read it!
It's one that has been discussed before, and quite frankly she uses Lilly.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I thought for sure it was Lily, but I guess I was wrong. I much prefer Alizée, but I often use Lil(l)y in a post, just to keep from being repetitive, when I use her name a few times.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
It's one that has been discussed before, and quite frankly she uses Lilly.

Regards,

Jung
Well, Alizée pronounces it “Lili” as we would in French (see Fun TV at 7:45). I suppose the closest English version would be “lee-lee”. It is also spelled “Lili” in the most “trustworthy” references I have found. BTW, I don’t really care what people call her, I was just having fun.

Edit:

And to get back on topic, here is Alizée singing Coeur de pirate’s Comme des enfants. What a strange coincidence... don’t you think? Too bad the sound is so crappy and Alizée just sings a few words here and there. This style would suit her perfectly... A just knew it!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U-sXBtjq_BQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Original:

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-28-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought for sure it was Lily, but I guess I was wrong. I much prefer Alizée, but I often use Lil(l)y in a post, just to keep from being repetitive, when I use her name a few times.
Sandy just named a stray cat she has been feeding Lilly Bug. She wants to save all the cats in the world. Gotta love her! And I really would like to see Lilly do more dance music and perform some really good dance moves on her next album myself, but a few softer tunes to showcase her angelic voice would be really good too.