Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road
Default The Power Of Alizée

OK. I really wanted to create this new thread on 4-25-2011, due to the fact that that date is my Alizée Anniversary. Sandys is 7-4-2010. However, we had a problem with the old PC and it was not worthwhile to repair. I just acquired this one and am back online. On 4-25-2010 I was sitting where I am right now, at the computer desk, extremely distraught by underemployment, back rent, facing starvation, not finding any work, full of fear, and extremely depressed. I looked for work that day and I found none, so being Fed Up with the situation, I clicked on to a site my friend had told me about called Youtube. As I discovered Youtube in the weeks preceding this date I expanded my video searches. This day I was browsing Madonna videos. When I clicked on to LIB by Madge there was a related link, Alizée LIB. I went past it one time, mabey twice, however curiosity won and I clicked Alizée LIB. I thought to myself Alizée??? What kind of a name for a band is this???? Then I watched and thought she was Spanish but she said merci at the end???? French? Hmmm. I was blown away as I had never been B4 and that day was the day my life turned around. Alizée has enriched my life, her lyrics have taught me the power of positiviity, her charm has melted my depression, I have so much work right now I am picking whom I choose to work for, Sandy loves her, the list could go on.....as I am convinced it will. As of one year with Alizée entering into my universe I wish to make this statement, This has been the very greatest year of my life!!! And as time may pass my love of Alizée is sure to grow even deeper than it is rite now, if it were even possible. This has not been a matter I have taken with a grain of salt. Alizée has absolutely made my life and the lives of several others in my circle 2000% better. ALIZEE IS AMAZING! Alizée pour tojours! Anyone else here at AAM that has had such a life changing experience as I have, please feel free to share your story as well.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 05-04-2011 at 09:03 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Powerful words Rob Thanks for sharing this with us
Old 05-05-2011, 10:16 AM

awkward Turtle is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing. Its always good to be reminded of the power of her music, or at least reminded that we are not crazy for being so moved by it.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkward Turtle View Post
or at least reminded that we are not crazy for being so moved by it.
You don't want to even know how much I laughed reading that hahahah
Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great story Rob. Very similar to mine which I posted here before so I wont repeat it except to say it was after 7 years of depression that I was searching for a Madonna video and stumbled upon the picture of a beautiful young French girl and it was a hit for the song LIB. That day changed my life.

I recently thought maybe I finally hit that wall where I was growing tired of listening to Alizee's music so much. Started listening to some radio stations for a change. But soon after a song would come on, after several seconds, I'd scan for the next radio station, a good song would come on and once again, it just wasn't what I wanted. I soon returned to the only person who could placate my desire to listen to music, and that's Alizee.

It's been about 4 years and 3 months for me since I found out about Alizee. This week on my days off I was doing a lot of yard work. Strong storms in the winter and spring had broken many limbs off the trees. So I was cutting up everything to get them to fit into those recyclable bags. I put my cd player in a window so I could listen to Lily ( I have an Ipod, but seldome use it. I'm afraid of overkill if you know what I mean). But I had the radio turned down low as to not bother the neighbors, so I could only hear it in this one particular area. But I found I couldn't tear myself away from this area for a minute. It didn't matter what the song was. One from her albums or her remixes or from Les Enfoires. I just had to hear the whole song despite how many times I had heard them before. Sure I could of gotten an extension cord or my ipod. The point I'm trying to make though is the power of Alizee is still very strong.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:06 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

I know that feeling. I've said it before, I don't know how many times I've wanted to watch just one song performance from En Concert before heading out the front door only to end up watching the entire concert!... Oh well, money saved, yet still entertained.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:43 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I find myself also watching that concert a lot too.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Wow, and that is why I am here. I am glad to be back after I had a problem with the computer. I have a major music library, request it I probably have it. It is over 700 cds strong now. I could play better mixes than any radio station Orlando offers. I could have been a DJ. However, I try to listen to the rocknroll of the years of my life, and I can for a minute or two. When it gets old, I must play Alizée, all I want to hear is Alizée, I love Alizée, it was like BOOM ALIZEE, that day. And En Concert I have repeatedley watched, the best concert I ever saw, Sandy brought The Eagles Farewell Tour, Melbourne Australia Discs over last wknd. We watched it. Don Henly and Joe Walsh they rock, and they were for a time, but now its time for Alizée.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 AM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I must play Alizée, all I want to hear is Alizée, I love Alizée, it was like BOOM ALIZEE, that day.
Yeah probably. I used to listen to rock a lot. Metal rock. Then go wild smashing things in the house. Now i just can't live a day without her music. My iPod has nothin but Lili now.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

@ Rob & Sandy -

So glad to see you both back here! Yes, your "origin story" rings true, and reminds me of the "Alizée is Amazing" thread, too, where similar stories have been shared. Basically, we're all in agreement that Alizée has literally helped many of us get out of our funks and and find something to be joyful about. That's powerful magic, there! If only she were more well-known in this country, doctors could prescribe some Alizée music or vids instead of Prozac. (But that's probably the crux of the problem - the giant US drug companies don't want Americans to find out about her!)

So, yes, in many ways, I feel that if John Paul II gets to be a saint, so should Alizée. First.

Like yourselves, I've got a lot of music here, and my favorites were always the Stones, X, Julian Cope, The Who, local bands, and whatnot. (btw, I LOVE Joe Walsh - not so crazy about that Henley guy, tho..) Yet now, they all seem so pale by comparison! I can put on "Exile" or "Who's Next" or "Wild Gift" or "There Goes The Neighborhood" or almost anything, and still find myself feeling that I'd prefer it was "Gourmandises", "MCE", or anything Alizéean!

Mrs. Chuck recently got me a tablet. First thing I did was to load it up with Lili and the link to this website. And no one here was surprised.