Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Greater Huntsville culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
First Antoine Dodson and now Obama...
But for Jalen, I would never have known about the whole Antoine Dodson thing. I figure Azhiri could use a laugh, so if she hasn't seen it yet, she can check out the story according to the Annoying Orange. And you thought only courgettes could be amusing!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pezdRcVe04c" frameborder="0"></iframe>

BTW, I suffer no cognitive dissonance when I hear about nasty stuff going down in a place called Lincoln Park. That's because when I was a little kid I used to play in the place described in the recent news item here.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
MAN oh man, Azhiri! You are very, very (too?) brave. Laughin in the face of danger like that. Is your whole family in the hotel? Or just you two stranded? Either way, this sounds pretty extreme. You brought your laptop along, or how are you keeping in touch here?

And jeez, the Red Cross is really overstressed now, for about the tenth year in a row. Thanks for asking for us to help them help you. I'm donating!
Haha. My sister, stepmom, and dad are with me, we're between hotels and cities and currently headed to Nashville, the only place we can be sure is powered and safe.

My mom, stepdad, and half sister opted to stay in their house back in my town, where there is still no power for the third day in a row.

I did bring my laptop with me, we were able to get back to our house yesterday and grab some stuff for the road thankfully. Thank you for donating!

And again, thanks to everyone else for your words and thoughts. It's tiring being on the go constantly and not being sure of what will happen next but it's also a relief to read your posts.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Music City or bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Haha. My sister, stepmom, and dad are with me, we're between hotels and cities and currently headed to Nashville, the only place we can be sure is powered and safe.
Um, I hate to mention this... but...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RwH8DCkVwEo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
It's tiring being on the go constantly and not being sure of what will happen next but it's also a relief to read your posts.
I have sent you a PM with contact details if your family wants to take up my previous offer.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Well everyone, the power is back on in my town and we have returned home safely.

Despite my borderline nervous breakdown somewhere between Nashville and Franklin, Kentucky, everything on our little refugee trip went smoothly.

We have a half day of school tomorrow, from 8:00 to 11:00, I suppose because they want to conserve power since it still hasn't been restored for some nearby towns. We're also in for more storms and I suppose the school board is feeling pretty silly and doesn't want to take any chances. After all, we were the only school in north Alabama who didn't get a delay or anything on the fateful day of the 160 tornadoes, and look what happened! We may have more half days later in the week. I hear it's pretty much touch and go from here on out.

Hopefully things will return to normal soon enough.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well it's nice to hear you are back home, safe and sound.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Did you go back and find that everything was in color?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Did you go back and find that everything was in color?
That made me laugh so hard. Give yoself a point!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I am very grateful to hear you are ok. Tornadoes are nuthin to mess with. However hear in Central Florida in 2004 we had 5 hurricanes in 4 months! It was a disaster area. Let me see Charley Jean, Ivan ummm I dont remember the other 2 at the moment. We had a hurricane party during Charley, we figured if we were going to be blown away we would be blown away feeling no pain. We lived to talk about this another day however. I will see what I am able to do this payday.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I wonder what, damage/devastation-wise, is the worst natural disaster.

I'd have to say floods. The water does have the ability to directly kill people by drowning, the power to destroy small structures, will ruin most homely possessions and the house itself, possibility for (dunno if true or not, just postulating) diseases and bacteria and crap to be literally floating in your living room gettin' folks sick...

Second, probably earthquakes. I bein' a Caleefornee bowah have enjoyed many a small earthquake... but when 'the big one' hits there everyone's going to be SO fucked.

Third, everything else