Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
but its not your job to tell people whether or not they can express their attraction.
Not once did I tell len56 he can't. I just said it is not accepted well here by the majority of people.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
You are not the only one, I'm sure...

Ultimately, I believe a forum should always at least attempt to promote recruitment of new members, improve participation and reduce unnecessary tension. This is mainly what my suggestions and comments were aiming at. It is not the first time that I am told that Ben is the one to be presented with suggestions for improving the forums and I do agree with this, but somehow, I think it is also important to discuss possible shift in orientation and improvement suggestions with members before bringing them to a higher level.

In any case, I do agree that I am basically asking if it is proper to post content that does not break any rules. It is just my nature to try to ease the crowd into more controversial topics.

I think I will also leave it at that and post mature content whenever I feel like it. I think I will label those threads [Mature content] as to warn people who might be sensitive to those topics.

Thank you all for your comments.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that the rules are really evasive on this specific topic and I believe this is where some of the confusion comes from. But I know... I should take this to Ben...
Yes, I don't think there is a clear cut rule on this. I'm simply looking at previous threads that exist here, where such discussions have been carried out at length without being closed. Therefore, it appears to me that a precedence has been set and these discussions are OK as long as they are done with proper care, respect and civility. Or at least until, or if, a new and more clearly defined rule is put into place. This is just my opinion and if anyone has doubts, they can always check with Ben. Personally, I'm not trying to encourage or discourage anyone on this matter. I'm merely looking at was has been done in the past here.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Hehe yeah Alizée is a sexy little minx.. now back to discussing sexual content in Alizée's work.

Like many I've always been enchanted by Alizée's songs because it's her who's singing them.. but I think for many of us the double meanings are just not that important and to be honest that's the only reason we haven't made a big deal out of them before.

Well I just enjoy the music and how she sings and any sexual connotations that I've noticed are nothing but MILD compared to the sexually explicit and plain CRUDE lyrics that I've heard in some rap tunes anyhow.

Well even this tune here by Flo Rida is tame ( or should I say LAME ) compared to some rap out there but it's still a world apart from anything Alizée has sung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2OilMvf3fTM

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM

len56 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Not saying she doesn't deserve respect, because she does, but its not your job to tell people whether or not they can express their attraction. If I were into chicks, I'd totally tap her, shes hot! But you know what? It'll never happen. She's an entertainer, she wears sexy outfits, if she didn't want people thinking "damn, she looks hot!" she'd wear a potato sack. I don't think people should be gross and inappropriate but voicing your attraction should not be considered offensive. That's not what this thread is about though. People shouldn't have to pussy-foot around double meanings in the lyrics because it's just a song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Not once did I tell len56 he can't. I just said it is not accepted well here by the majority of people.
I agree with both of these. Euphoria has same idea as me; we should respect her, but also be allowed to um, 'compliment' her , and Aaronius never told me to stop .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
The way I get it, saying "I'd tap that" or anything of that manner seems both disrespectful and a tad bit sexist. With that in mind, I know most people on here came from her JEAM dance (me included) but that doesn't mean we can't post about it in a mature manner with as much respect as possible.
Depends how you look at it, it could also be a compliment It's not really nasty or vulgar or anything. It's not exactly mature either. I'm totally happy leaving it at 'most gorgeous thing ever' if that's preferable around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Just wait, if you think the guys are bad now wait until the hormones kick in. I am not very much older than you but trust me, your life will change several times in just a couple of years, and so will all of your classmates.
Haha, at his age, they should be going crazy about her. Did they see the JEAM video? lol

All my friends react with "oh... damn" when the camera cuts to her face. Then we all die at that err... wonderful 3:00 mark.

Last edited by len56; 05-17-2011 at 08:41 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

That is a difficult question indeed. I believe. being older I made my attempmt to restrain my feelings. However, as nature has taken the natuural coarse, I find Alizéé even more BELLE than ever