Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default AAP 013: Stars à Domicile Fan Commentary

This is a commentary track on Alizée's Stars à Domicile appearances. Look for the videos to follow along with the track @ alizeeamerica.com!

> original discussion

> 2001 episode here (web player)
> Direct Download (right click save as)

> 2003 episode here (web player)
> Direct Download (right click save as)

Thanks to Ruroshen for putting this all together and thanks to everyone that participated!

Last edited by brad; 03-20-2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Awesome Brad! Thanks for posting it!

SAD Commentary Show Notes:
  • • The sound quality isn't so hot on this one. Apparently there was something a little off with my mic, which I didn't realize until after I started editing. Mea culpa.
  • • This week's panel: Ruroshen, Roman, Natrii, Lowbeam.
  • • Joining us in the chatroom but without mics: JimmyDean23, JR, Tomtentp, Jung
  • • Everyone decides to announce where they're from this week...except Ruro, who is either in the witness protection program, or simply embarrassed to be the only Canadian
  • • Roman mentions that Jerémy also made an appearance on SAD--potentially on the same episode as Alizée's second appearance--but I've looked high and low and damned if I can find a link to it. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  • • Lowbeam makes a touching, heartfelt tribute to Roman
  • • Despite having watched the episode dozens of times, Ruro still can't remember Julia's name, and keeps referring to her as "the little girl".
  • • We quite hypocritically comment on Julia being stunned into silence by Lili, despite being stunned into silence quite a bit ourselves throughout. Oops.
  • • 13 year-olds Ruro and Lowbeam would have been too shy to dance with Lili, but teen lothario Roman would have been right in the mix! (Natrii is wisely silent on the subject.)
  • • Between episodes, Ruro reveals that he digs Alizée not for her looks, not for her voice, but because she's "a good person". (Yes, it's as corny as it sounds. Mock him.)
  • • Roman would like to borrow the Wayback Machine to retroactively correct some translations...but we are eternally grateful to the fans who provided them nonetheless
  • • All are in agreement that Flavie gots it goin' on. (TP wishes she'd bloody well pay attention, though!)
  • • The "letter from Jessica" we keep referring to, in which she gives a first-hand account of her SAD experience, can be found here, courtesy of Scruffydog777
  • • Just how freaked out was Jessica's little brother Alex? Undeniable photographic evidence here, again thanks to Scruffydog!
  • • Ruro commits the ultimate heresy during the performance of JPVA. Amazingly, nobody breaks out the torches and pitchforks. Jung unilaterally decides that Ruro is actually correct, thus defusing what could have been a very tense moment.
  • • The "Bearmageddon" photo Natrii posted for us is this one here. ("Bearmageddon" itself being a reference to the En Concert Commentary Track!)
  • • This being Alizée America, we round out the episode by going off on a tangent about Lili's Tinkerbell tattoo. The ironic piece of fan art that Roman references is this one here by JAMK!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 03-21-2009 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Joining us in the chatroom but without mics: JR, Tomtentp, Jung
Are we forgetting someone?

Anyways, good job Ruro. Thanks for editing these podcasts so the rest the world can share this unique experience.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
• Roman mentions that Jerémy also made an appearance on SAD--potentially on the same episode as Alizée's second appearance--but I've looked high and low and damned if I can find a link to it. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Yes, it was on the same show. That's why Jessica talks about seeing Jeremy backstage in her report (remember this was before he and Alizée married): he was there recording his segment as well. I had a clip of the whole episode, past tense, but deleted it. Dunno if it's still around the net, but I do have the opening credits which shows all the guests (Ricky Martin was one too ). I'll post it later.

Thanks guys for another great job on the Podcast! Certain I'll have more to say once I listen to it all. In the meantime, guess I'll share a little anecdote here since I was unable to attend the recording: Stars à Domicile 2003 was one of those Alizée videos that really made me a fan, due to it's emotional impact. In the past I've alluded to what hit me hardest, but have yet to see anyone else post the same thing.

It's actually Miriam's reaction to seeing her daughter meet Alizée for the first time that got me. The look on her face, and when she says, "that's it, she's happy, she must make the best of it." Seeing her daughter so happy made her happy, and you can tell she'd go to great lengths for Jessica. That unconditional love of parent for child is very touching. I'm sure Alizée especially understands these days.

Last edited by Ben; 03-21-2009 at 04:01 AM..
Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
Are we forgetting someone?
Whoops! Fixed that. Sorry, dude. (This is why you need a mic, though! It's harder for me to accidentally overlook the people with mics! )

Quote:
Anyways, good job Ruro. Thanks for editing these podcasts so the rest the world can share this unique experience.
Thanks JimmyDean! I'm glad they sound like fun. Hopefully they convince some others to come out an participate in the live chat party events! The commentaries are actually just a small part of what happens--there's usually about another hour or two of discussion that happens before and after, and it's always a lot of fun to hang out with other fans and shoot the bull about our favorite subject!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yes, it was on the same show. That's why Jessica talks about seeing Jeremy backstage in her report (remember this was before he and Alizée married): he was there recording his segment as well. I had a clip of the whole episode, past tense, but deleted it. Dunno if it's still around the net, but I do have the opening credits which shows all the guests (Ricky Martin was one too ). I'll post it later.
Ah cool, I'm curious to see it. Not just for Jeremy, but also to compare and contrast to Lili's two appearances.

Quote:
It's actually Miriam's reaction to seeing her daughter meet Alizée for the first time that got me. The look on her face, and when she says, "that's it, she's happy, she must make the best of it." Seeing her daughter so happy made her happy, and you can tell she'd go to great lengths for Jessica. That unconditional love of parent for child is very touching. I'm sure Alizée especially understands these days.
Heh, true enough! Yeah, Roman goes on about that for a little bit during that same portion of the second episode, how amazing it must have been for both mothers!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:40 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quick note about the video section with 'missing' pages of videos discussed in the podcast. I just increased the number of videos per page
Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Great podcast Ill defenetly scedule to be there the next time we do one lol. Funny thing I planed on being there but got distracted with my engine, rebuilding my car after it blew lol. Ill defenetly bee there next time.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but I do have the opening credits which shows all the guests (Ricky Martin was one too ). I'll post it later.
Here's that clip. I forgot that Sacha Distel was also on the show, which is interesting because he died not long after, and then Jérémy Chatelain performed a tribute to him on Les duos de l'impossible in 2005.

<div><object width="528" height="443"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8qjc4_sad-2003-open_shortfilms&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8qjc4_sad-2003-open_shortfilms&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="528" height="443" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8qjc4_sad-2003-open_shortfilms">SAD 2003 Open</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Snatcher42">Snatcher42</a></i></div>

Last edited by Ben; 03-22-2009 at 12:25 AM..
Old 03-22-2009, 10:09 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed listening to all of the play by play comments.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Here's that clip. I forgot that Sacha Distel was also on the show, which is interesting because he died not long after, and then Jérémy Chatelain performed a tribute to him on Les duos de l'impossible in 2005.
Cool, thanks Ben! So it was four artists per episode? That's, like, two hours per show! Was it a weekly thing, or just occasional specials?

Jérémy looks to be having a pretty good time with his segment. (Thank goodness he cut his hair, though...yipes! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
I enjoyed listening to all of the play by play comments.
Glad you enjoyed it, Karlalizee! Welcome to the site!

Tags
commentary, podcast, stars à domicile