Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-06-2022, 02:01 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default I Try to Put Alizee in for La Legion D'Honneur

I tried to put Alizee in for the Legion D'Honneur; because I thought she deserved it. But I don't know whether I sent emails to the right place. Ha! I sent one to the French Embassy in Washington and another to the French Government. But now I just get French Government emails. Here is the Text of my email. Of Course I do not speak or write French good. But here it is. If somebody knows the correct way to put her in for this then they should tell me.
Bonjour
Recommendation por La Legion D'Honneur
Citizen de La Republique Alizee Lyonnet ( Nee Jacotey )
Ajaccia, Corsica

Alizee est Bienaime La monde plus de! ( all youtubes )
chercher Alizee - J'ai pas vignt ans(Fete de la musique) sushi satanique
chercher Alizee - Moi, Lolita (avec Julio Iglesias ) Retro Music
chercher Alizee - A contre courant (Live HD) Moi, Alizee
chercher Alizee - J'en Ai Marre (Tubes D'un Jour HD ) DuncanJax
chercher Alizee - Gourmandeses (videomix) Alizee

Cordialement, Signe

[redacted] (americain)

Je Vois Remercie Beaucoup !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 09-06-2022 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: mistake in word
Old 12-01-2022, 09:15 PM

Default Latest Update on the Legion d'Honneur Email to the Embassey

I used the French Embassey email system; but this makes you send it to the Ambassador. So I sent my Form to him; but I addressed it to the Honorable Emmanuel Macron; President of the Republique Francois.
You may recall I mentioned Macron was at the embassy to award the Legion d' Honneur to two of our D-Day soldiers and to meet with President Biden .
I got the usual embassy reply that they had received my email and were forwarding it. But I got Nothing else.
But I hope that since it was addressed to Macron ; they would feel honor bound to give it to him; so at least he would consider giving Alizee the Legion D' Honneur and/or forward it to the proper Legion people for consideration ! That is where the mission lies now ( Previously I had sent an email to the embassy and also to the French government in Paris; but just got standard replies from them ! although I did start getting government emails from the French Republic ! Ha! ) I will update later if I get any more information.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:00 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I had to look up the historical recipients of this designation. I had no idea that it existed. It is awarded around the world to French nationals, and there are many names that I recognize, including singers.

Keep us updated.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:48 PM

Default Thank You Clever Cowboy

Thank You Clever Cowboy.
I have received nothing yet; except the standard email reply from the embassy that they had it and were considering it.
I had looked online for some list of the recipients I could search; but could not find one. There are apparently quite a few holders of the award ! I also wondered whether Mylene Farmer had one but couldn't get a list to search ? Being somewhat of a Historian; I had known that Napoleon had established it; although it has evolved since then ! I think that the heads of the French government provinces could recommend people to receive it ; but i could not find where to send this for the Province of Corsica. Also the head of the order can recommend people to receive it; but i couldn't find how to write or email him. Hopefully President Macron got the email and he might reply to me; as he would have my addresses.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I tried to put Alizee in for the Legion D'Honneur; because I thought she deserved it. !
What a great idea! I hope you get a response from them!
Old 12-02-2022, 11:03 PM

Default Thank You, BamaGirl !

Thank You; BamaGirl !
I have heard Nothing yet; but I hope President Macron has the email and has taken it back to France for Consideration and to transmit it to the proper authorities.
The Grand master of the order is the President himself; It is Headed by a retired General ( I guess set up that way by Napoleon ) who is currently Benoit Puga and a civilian Secretary-Genral, currently Luc Fons .
Alizee could become a Chevalier ( or Knight ) of the Order.
If she got it; Annilly would be eligible to attend Elite boarding schools of the order reserved for daughters of the members of the order.
Somewhere I previously found how you are nominated; but i temporarily have miss-placed it ! Ha!
I think I read where the Provincial Governors could nominate a person , too, so she could be nominated from the Province of Corsica by it's Governor !
Under Media You might like my Alizee belongs in the Louvre ! This is about the Louvre, the sights in Paris, and ordering food in a Parisian Cafe ( If I ever make it there ! )
Also you might like my story about the Fairy Coin which is somewhere under Thanksgiving Fables about the Fairies. i intended to write more; but alas I have temporarily run out of stories !
I also wrote a Fairy fable, Story, History about why we like Alizee so much; which actually is based on some history.
I only list these in case you missed them.

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-02-2022 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 12-03-2022, 03:50 PM

Default In Case anybody missed thesee

In case Anybody missed these, CleverCowboy, Bamagirl, Scruffy, Alizee SuperFanFun; these are some I have put out or updated.

The Fairy Coin Hermione, the Fairy , is rescued by Jeanne, the old lady, so Hermione gives her a Fairy Coin good for 3 wishes. This is in Other Subjects Off Topic "Thanksgiving Fables, Stories, History; about the Fairies, Mylene , and Alizee"

In Alizee Discussion "Thanksgiving Special ! The Reason Why ! Alizee Attracts You ! Fables, History, and Alizee all intertwined !

And in the Alizee media section I have added onto the end of A Christmas New Years Fable about Alizee !
So; temporarily, I am all storied out ( to everyone's relief, Ha! )

I did put out a section on Alizee Belongs in the Louvre; but this is more about the Louvre and getting around Paris and how to order in a Paris Cafe !
Old 03-27-2023, 08:31 PM

Default I Find Alizee does have Several Honors

I Find Alizee does have several Honors !

1) The Medal of Ajaccio ( "Medaille d'Ajaccio"),2013, Issued by the Territorial Collective of Corsica [ The Highest Civil Honor in Corsica ].

2) Prix Vincent-Scotto,2001, Issued by the Society of Authors, Composers and Editors of Music [SACEM], for her Interpretation of Moi, Lolita

3) Danse Avec Les stars,2013,Dancer of the Year, Won !

4) DMX Awards (WEB) Two Wins, Best Francophone Song and Best International Hit Never Released in the U.S.A.,2001,for Moi...Lolita !
{ A kind of anti-American Award Ha !; But we are foolish not to play singers who don't sing in English ! Ha ! }

Plus other Wins I will list out in another post a little later !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 03-27-2023 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: A couple more Awards
Old 02-17-2024, 07:26 PM

Default Enfoires; I think it is !

I should've put more enfoires in there; as Alizee has done a lot of the Shows for Charity; so I will have to edit my letters and emails to include that; as it would be more of a "selling point" for the Legion d' Honneur !