Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 05-01-2016, 06:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as the translation videos, they make a nice attempt of what they say they are trying to do, but as with the discrepancies I pointed out in a song that is relatively easy to interpret, they fall short of "teaching", someone who is seriously interested in learning the nuances of the French language. I think they would maybe have to offer the video such as Gourmandises in the way they did it, but follow it with a line by line description to really be able to benefit someone who's trying to learn the language. As far as if it should be with promotion or translation, I don't really know. It's something I never really worried about in here. If we're not sure, we can post it in both.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
One point about this song is the line where she's telling him (Is it a him?) to devour her with your (his?) eys, my princess. I'm assuming this wolf is a male so she should be saying devour me with your eyes my prince? This is a MF song so who knows? But Alizee definitely seems to be saying "princess", so I think it might be more of an interpretation thing so what she may actually be saying is devour me with your eyes, your princess.
I like the notes he put in red at the top of the video giving some explanations of the song and things in it.

I didn't like the picture at the end. I think he could've pictured the dangers of a girl alone in the woods in a less graphic manner and the audio quite frankly with that picture was awful.
So I think the basic idea of what he was doing was great. It went beyond just translating the song, but it needed some changes imo.
My interpretation is that she is singing in that last few words of that line and not the whole song - for/from the wolf or better to say not singular but multiple - " wolves " perspective . It is possible that she is singing princes as in not singular prince or princess , to say the ending of the word being sung does not seem singular but perhaps is . . . All though it is of my opinion again it is simply being said as the wolves perspective and the comma is in the wrong place as it should be one word before .

Now i'd like to point out that hmmm say wolf in sheeps clothing - wether it be little red riding hood maybe the wolf is the girl and the wolves are the ones may seem the danger yet when the story unfolds in the end it is the wolves who are the predator turned into the prey . So perhaps the real wolf is riding hood ? In this manner , from lil reds eyes as in what she is seeing through the wolves eyes to mirror her own .

Sorry if that is confusing , to say it simply as with many songs and MF . . a well writ Double entendre .