Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I screwed pretty good with this post...
You are entitled to "Senior Moments". Cherish them.

As for the sun dress, I tend to believe the wardrobe was just a variety of presentation.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
has anyone considered it was for convenience? i mean, how many costume changes did she make in this concert? maybe she wanted something she can slip on and off in seconds. same with the boots, kick them off, change, put them back on, run back on stage. makes better sense than the pregnant story.
I have no doubt that what you suggest was one aspect of the choices.

Quote:
ok just so that i am caught up with this... we are no longer talking about the dress? we are now talking about her reading the book? geez no wonder i do not get feedback from you guys.
What do you think? Did she make it all the way through?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

For me its one of those dresses that grows on you, at first your like omg what is she wearing!? then it starts to grow on you. Like ive noticed pretty much thats all she used to wear when she preformed, those dresses.

Same with that white dress during En Concert at first I was like now I love it
Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
My feelings are that the only reason to not give this masterpiece to a 15yo girl is that this book is pretty arduous. They often compare Nobokov to Proust.
The style is beautifull but with plenty of inventive vocabulary, and i'm almost sure that the main danger for a 15yo reader is just to be bored and to stop the reading. I could bet that Alizée didn't finish it.

There si no graphic description of any kind and it's much more "dangerous" to read, if it is, for a middle age man than a teen girl.

Mylène talk to Alizée about the character, and give her the book just to be honest with her. This way, she will in the know of what media were meaning when they talk about " lolitas ". Let me remind you that it would have been much more easy for Mylène to hide all the concept to her young singer...
( see the Gainsbourg-Gall collaboration).

Btw, Alizée is not an orphan. She got a mum and a dad and they decide that the concept was ok.
( they have to, since she was under 18 )

Just because her parents said it was okay doesn't make it right. I think in regards to this matter the French have a lot different attitudes than the people in this country. I could be wrong about that. Who knows, Alizee may have had a bunch of Playgirl magazines under her bed and this book was no big revelation, but I certainly don't think that. I just personnaly don't think it was right.

But I also think that even if her parents did think it wrong, they probably saw how excited Alizee must have been to be given such a golden opportunity that there was probably no way they could have said no to her, knowing how tremendously disappointed she would have been if they had turned her down.
After all, if I remember something about Alizee 101, when she got the call from LB I think it was to come to Paris, she cried, her parents cried, everybody cried.

Quote:
ok just so that i am caught up with this... we are no longer talking about the dress? we are now talking about her reading the book? geez no wonder i do not get feedback from you guys.
Well part of my orginal post was that the purpose of MF choosing such a maternity dress kind of outfit was to maybe warn her that this is what was in store for her if she wasn't careful in her personal life and to that fact it is was some what related in a very broad sense.

Quote:
I screwed pretty good with this post and some of you guys could have really blasted me. Instead for the most part, the few comments that were posted went easy on me and I thank you guys for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
You are entitled to "Senior Moments". Cherish them.

I guess my mind was in the book......................I mean gutter.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-10-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When I first saw Alizee in that blue and white dress a little around 4 years ago, it was long before I found out she was married or had a baby and when I first saw it, I thought the blue and white dress looked exactly like a maternity dress. Now when I started this thread, I screwed up big time because I thought Annily had been born the year before and I apologise for that stupid mistake. But if someone else who knew the correct dates had presented an idea that they thought MF had her wear such a dress to try and get a warning through her head that if she wasn't careful, she might really need to wear one is certainly kind of far fetched, and the possibilities of that being the case are dam low, how ever someone should be able to present an idea without being insulted.

Now no one here is trying to say Mylene Farmer is satan, but for someone to suggest that her and LB tried to control Alizee's mind, or something along similar lines, again may seem far fetched, but it certainly isn't beyond the realm of possibility. Look at what we know they did with Alizee. They gave her a book about a Lolita to read at the age of 15, wearing a controversial dress and singing controversial lyrics at the age of 15. There are many households in this country where if they had tried to do the same thing with someone's 15 year old dauthter, they would have found themselves looking down the wrong end of a shotgun.

So I think that MF and LB's morals are somewhat suspect making it much more possible that they might have been capable of trying to control Alizee, rather educate her of different ways her career could go. It may again be far fetched and not likely, but still someone should not be insulted for presenting such an idea. Just because this thread doesn't have the MDO label on it, doesn't mean it's okay to say things of an immature nature.
The song was written before Alizee even came into the picture. She gave her the book to tell her what the song was about, period. She knew what the gig entailed, and she signed a contract anyway. Sure, Alizee was pretty provocative but she knew what she was getting herself into. If you've ever listened to MF's music or read the lyrics, you'll know her "thing" is doing the double entendre. She does it so it will appeal to both younger and more mature crowds. I'm sure she wanted Alizee to have a range of fans instead of just teenie boppers.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Jaja. Teenie boppers. Haven't heard that one before

Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had been under the mistaken impression that she had the baby in 2004. I even thought that explained why they ran off to the states to get married the way they did. I guess I'll have to go back to Alizee 101.
We all have to refresh every couple of weeks or so.

BUT GUYS YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!

The reason MF made her wear this dress is so when she turned around and swayed her hips singing "Oh loup y'es tu", then the crowd would fall in love with her and they would go out and buy more of her CDs...its as simple as that. Well, it worked on me at least
Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

The dress sucked on every level. I think the tit tent dress or baby doll dress was to exaggerate the effect that Alizee was much younger than she actually was. To possibly look like that 12 yr. old in the book. It could have been a subliminal message to the crowd that Alizee was pregnant with satans spawn/Rosemary's baby or the blue and white checkered table cloth pattern was to remind everybody it is time to eat lol. All I know, making Alizee wear that dress was surely evil lol. The first time I saw the Enconcert video's of Alizee in that towsack designed by John Deere, I really thought she must be pregnant. I saw that video before I new anything about Alizee though.
She wore a lot of John Deere designed BABY MAMA line of so called dresses during Psych also. I agree with Scruffy.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
We all have to refresh every couple of weeks or so.

BUT GUYS YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!

The reason MF made her wear this dress is so when she turned around and swayed her hips singing "Oh loup y'es tu", then the crowd would fall in love with her and they would go out and buy more of her CDs...its as simple as that. Well, it worked on me at least
Wouldn't the old Miam dress do a better work at "appealing to an audience"?

I kind of agree with Scruffy, but I won't go into detail since I don't know at all which book you're talking about.

I don't know what the symbolism of the dress really it, but to me, it shows that she really can look beautiful wearing anything.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
May I say that what you called " a book about a lolita" is seen as a masterpiece of modern literature, and put by french newspaper "Le Monde" in his "100 books of the century " list.
There was a special on NPR about the book for it's 50th anniversary in 2005. It is indeed considered a classic of modern literature. Nevertheless, I do agree with Dave that it seems pretty bold or something I don't know what to have a 15 year old girl read that book. I felt weird reading it.

Trying to control her mind? You mean wanting to convince her that what they were doing together was a good idea? I think Alizée tried to convince herself too. I suppose that's what I would do in that situation.
I am not so sure I agree with BigDan about the levels of danger. People at certain ages have a certain sensibility that might be ruined by such exposures. Though, I wouldn't make that big of a deal over it and perhaps 15 is not as fragile an age as oh say, 22 for that sort of thing. By the way, I think there was some graphic decription in that book.

Anyway, no Karla, in my opinion it was not for convenience but for the previously mentioned reasons.

I'm going to say this one more time in this thread and hopefully it will stick with some people. While a maternity dress might be the same thing, I don't really know (come to think of it, maybe the whole pregnancy thing is how it came to be that women wear dresses in the first place) but as others have pointed out, the dress style is known as "baby doll" and it has been in fashion at various times. Especially here, there was a 60s theme and I get the impression that it was particularly in style then.
And might I remind you that Alizée has worn various versions of that style many more times since (2007/8). < random Google search photo
Oh and just to make a point about jumping to conclusions, it might very well be Alizée who chose the dress herself.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-11-2011 at 03:22 AM..