Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Ciara's still around and working on the podcast. The next one should be up soon.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Ruroshen, you were good. Maybe you should try contacting Ciara and take over sometimes or do half the program or something.
Thanks Roman! Ciara knows that I'm always here to help if and whenever needed, but I think she and Snatcher have things well in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Ciara's still around and working on the podcast. The next one should be up soon.
Woo, good news! Can't wait to hear it!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I know this is a bad thing to ask, but would any of my music work anywhere in the podcast? It's not the most "upbeat" but it would be cool to spread it around a little more.

And speaking of, I am a little upset over the little response I have gotten for Idealiser... I knew nobody would care about that song because it's not popular.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I know this is a bad thing to ask, but would any of my music work anywhere in the podcast? It's not the most "upbeat" but it would be cool to spread it around a little more.

And speaking of, I am a little upset over the little response I have gotten for Idealiser... I knew nobody would care about that song because it's not popular.
It's not a bad thing to ask. I was hoping more musicians here would offer material to Ciara to use in future podcasts.

Don't be upset over the response to Idealiser. You had 4 good responses and your thread got 122 views in just a few days. I posted a video and remix of Fifty Sixty a month ago and got 4 nice responses and 148 views and I'm very happy with that. Trust me, you can't expect much more than that. The responses tend to go down each time you post something new. Keep posting and sharing anyways. People are nice here, but you need to be prepared. There are people in the world who will say some pretty nasty things about your hard work. You can't let it get you down.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Hey Lefty, I just listened to your songs on your myspace...geez I wish I could do something like THAT. Some of it reminds me of Genesis. I was also going to ask, along with the posting of Idealiser, if anyone would be interested in collaborating... like redoing and making an "ultimate" J'en Ai Marre cover. Or working on some originals; something. I have never been able to write music with anyone except myself as of now.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey Lefty, I just listened to your songs on your myspace...geez I wish I could do something like THAT. Some of it reminds me of Genesis. I was also going to ask, along with the posting of Idealiser, if anyone would be interested in collaborating... like redoing and making an "ultimate" J'en Ai Marre cover. Or working on some originals; something. I have never been able to write music with anyone except myself as of now.

Sounds like a spiffy idea, I mean considering i've heard of some collaborations done through this site in the past and they've all turned out quite well.

I could probably help more in doing "original" songs, considering remixing tracks tend to cross paths with the fact that I adore the originals so much that I would not dare tamper with them.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hey, if you did some version of Idéaliser let me know. I don't know why that song is not popular and actually I don't know what you can do with that song for a remix not having any original separated tracks, but I want to hear it. And is it really "unpopular"? I know she didn't sing it in Mexico, but is it really less popular than say Jamais Plus or Lonely List for example?

Merci Fanny
Old 08-17-2008, 06:21 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I like those songs.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Sounds like a spiffy idea, I mean considering i've heard of some collaborations done through this site in the past and they've all turned out quite well.

I could probably help more in doing "original" songs, considering remixing tracks tend to cross paths with the fact that I adore the originals so much that I would not dare tamper with them.
"Original" stuff sounds better to me too. I've only played with Fifty Sixty because Alizée made her voice available for download and I had never done anything like that before. But I think I'm all done with that, as I've done 3 versions now and I really shouldn't put any more time into it because I'm just too busy with 2 other projects. I might find time to help out on a collaboration, though. Deepwaters is great at writing lyrics. Maybe he can jump in too.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Hey, if you did some version of Idéaliser let me know. I don't know why that song is not popular and actually I don't know what you can do with that song for a remix not having any original separated tracks, but I want to hear it. And is it really "unpopular"? I know she didn't sing it in Mexico, but is it really less popular than say Jamais Plus or Lonely List for example?
I published Idealiser yesterday, I have it in my signature now as well.

Also, about the collaboration:

If I had proper recording equipment, I could do drums, but I don't want to unless I have good mics and something to record them all with. I want to do bass as well, I feel like I was made for that instrument. I have only been *seriously* playing it for a little over a year, it started a long time ago with Green Day, but I was messing around with Yes's "Gates of Delirium" and I went on from there. Also, having perfect pitch helps a ton. Anyone here have perfect pitch?

Anyway, I could probably write a lot better than I can play. I have been sequencing MIDI songs since 2004. I could post them too if anyone wants to hear them.

Last edited by ImRawdg; 08-18-2008 at 12:13 AM..

Tags
podcast