Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I've been to AF a few times but I've never joined, and I don't think I will either, keeping up with Alizée on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and AAm is enough, I can't imagine adding AF to that. I agree that AAm is like a family for (at least most of ) its members, we had a Family Tree all worked out back in the old Flashchat days. I'm sure AF members feel at home there as well. I'm also very thankful we have members who are part of both, and share info, news and media back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
they have a Catholic Nun standing over them with ruler just trying to find a reason to crack their knuckles.
I've seen this picture painted of AF many times, and as much as I like to be fair to people, I can't shake it from my head.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I've been to AF a few times but I've never joined, and I don't think I will either, keeping up with Alizée on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and AAm is enough,
Well, all the latest is always on AF, and while there is normally 5 to 20 members online on Aam, the number never goes under 10-15 on AF .

Even though I personally find more fun on Aam than on AF, I think both boards have their qualities and that they should be fused into one to avoid splitting the fan community

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Well, all the latest is always on AF, and while there is normally 5 to 20 members online on Aam, the number never goes under 10-15 on AF .

Even though I personally find more fun on Aam than on AF, I think both boards have their qualities and that they should be fused into one to avoid splitting the fan community
AAm and AF have different qualities because of their rules, policies and methods of moderating discussions. This in turn, attracts different types of members to each respective site. Some members function well in both environments and some don't.

Fusing the sites together would require one site to take on the culture, style and qualities of the other, which means, in effect, you would be losing one site and gaining nothing. You would get the same result by simply closing one site. Members would just disappear or switch to the site that is left.

I would argue that both sites are simply one click away if one wants to check out both of them. Having 2 different sites serves a broader range of users.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
AAm and AF have different qualities because of their rules, policies and methods of moderating discussions. This in turn, attracts different types of members to each respective site. Some members function well in both environments and some don't.

Fusing the sites together would require one site to take on the culture, style and qualities of the other, which means, in effect, you would be losing one site and gaining nothing. You would get the same result by simply closing one site. Members would just disappear or switch to the site that is left.

I would argue that both sites are simply one click away if one wants to check out both of them. Having 2 different sites serves a broader range of users.
+1

I absolutely agree. It's much better to have two a bit different forums. Especially now, when both sites get along quite well and there are no unpleasant persons around
Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
Especially now, when both sites get along quite well

Well...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Well having been a really active member at one point on AF there was a "golden era". I joined in march of 2004 and got banned sometime in 2010. I used to do graphics for AF until i got banned and now imo it looks like a yahoo geocites page from 2000. Now mind you in my days of Alizee doesn't poop fandom there was no AAm quite yet. So af is all I had besides mfi which was a ghost town and the old school french alizee forums which i forgot the name of. I was pretty cool with the owner ric and alot of the other OG's from my time on AF. Still keep in touch with a select few over the years. Anyways us fans back then managed to get through a drought till Psych dropped (on my bday..lucky me!!!) and thats where I feel most of the change happened on af... Somewhere right before psych released and until the last album is where it got bumpy with users vs. admins/mods I feel. I myself felt like af became this conservative noone is right but the mods type of place and alot of others did too. Anyone who knows me from then knows i was pretty vocal on the forums about this change along with a few other members who somehow all got banned before i did. I dont know what its like these days, but it looks dead and im actually glad i made the move to aam when i did.

I am sure I missed a lot and could have enlightened more, but like I said AF was once THE spot to be for Alizee fans. I feel AAm is the better of the 2 not just because I'm not banned here :P... because we all know Plaz likes to have his fun and the mods here let me know when I've gone too far and don't ban without warning.

---------------------------------------------------

Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well...

Hehe ......

Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well...

Oh well, that's just Ronny... if you disagree with him, you better just ignore him, but you can't deny at least he is honest... when he says things like this, he is serious, but also when he makes some positive comments, you can at least be sure he is serious as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
Well having been a really active member at one point on AF there was a "golden era". I joined in march of 2004 and got banned sometime in 2010. I used to do graphics for AF until i got banned and now imo it looks like a yahoo geocites page from 2000. Now mind you in my days of Alizee doesn't poop fandom there was no AAm quite yet. So af is all I had besides mfi which was a ghost town and the old school french alizee forums which i forgot the name of. I was pretty cool with the owner ric and alot of the other OG's from my time on AF. Still keep in touch with a select few over the years. Anyways us fans back then managed to get through a drought till Psych dropped (on my bday..lucky me!!!) and thats where I feel most of the change happened on af... Somewhere right before psych released and until the last album is where it got bumpy with users vs. admins/mods I feel. I myself felt like af became this conservative noone is right but the mods type of place and alot of others did too. Anyone who knows me from then knows i was pretty vocal on the forums about this change along with a few other members who somehow all got banned before i did. I dont know what its like these days, but it looks dead and im actually glad i made the move to aam when i did.

I am sure I missed a lot and could have enlightened more, but like I said AF was once THE spot to be for Alizee fans. I feel AAm is the better of the 2 not just because I'm not banned here :P... because we all know Plaz likes to have his fun and the mods here let me know when I've gone too far and don't ban without warning.
There is a valid point in your post, and I agree with most of it, but to be fair... there were also few people who actually went way too far and they purposely started to cause problems so it was a time when mods started to losing their temper... and yea, it wasn't nice time on AF back then.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Ignore RMJ he's a grumpy Viking!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
There is a valid point in your post, and I agree with most of it, but to be fair... there were also few people who actually went way too far and they purposely started to cause problems so it was a time when mods started to losing their temper... and yea, it wasn't nice time on AF back then.
Yeah towards the end it was just a lot of us trolling and laughing at Orion & Co. I know my mythical alizee sextape post is what got me banned, but by then I had already converted to here and didn't care for AF anymore as a forum.

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Plaz; 02-23-2013 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I'm a member of both AA and AF and both forums are great in my opinion.. both have great members and both provide me with invaluable Alizée news, discussions, etc. Nonetheless before I even joined these two epic forums dedicated to our angel I had been a member of MF International.. I joined that forum first dedicated to French music and Alizée back in 2003 but I've always been aware of AF and other forums dedicated to our girl. I've used different nicks in each forum I've been a part of and although I don't post much in anyone of them and not at all in MF anymore, I still frequent AA and AF all the time. Well it's funny because in the old days I was there to defend Alizée from many bad comments on MF but I learnt to brush them under the rug but I guess whether good or bad I'll always part of it.

Well there were some good members over at MF.. but this forum and AF are the place for me right now.. I always enjoy reading the posts of other Alizée comrades who truly love her.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur