Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

So instead of criticising a bunch of ignorant and inexact comments on twitter, you extrapolate those comments to a whole country... Makes sense

You do realise that is a joke and not a serious claim... right?

Last edited by SpanishFan; 04-19-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
well... long time is known, most in Europe, that US people (maybe whole America) has really miserable knowledge about the geography in the world... most about the countries in world.

Its not a fiction by me, but real fact which I and many other can see everyday.

The most fresh, after the bomb attack in Boston, where people think the attackers where from OUR COUNTRY! Our news are filled with screenshots from twitter, where people want a war with us or invasion. And why? cause they have really no idea, how look the world.
Some information said, the attackers where from Chechen, but dont know why, many US confuse it with Czechoslovakia (which btw. dont exist 20years!) or with Czech or Slovak.

Well, maybe its sound really funny this whole thing... but its doesn't make really good name for USA (which was never good) and really make some people here worried. Really don't understand, how in the era of internet and Google, can happen something like this.

Really would like to know, what you think about it.
You are very anti-american to the point that it is actually disgusting! Stop stereotyping my country
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
So instead of criticising a bunch of ignorant and inexact comments on twitter, you extrapolate those comments to a whole country... Makes sense

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post

You do realise that is a joke and not a serious claim... right?
yea, but did you realized the most people dont take it as good joke?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
You are very anti-american to the point that it is actually disgusting! Stop stereotyping my country :
learn your country world geography, then it will be everything ok

Last edited by Karin; 04-19-2013 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
The problem is, that most of the people don't bother to check for the facts, they just believe they know the facts
^^^^^ I think this is the big problem in this case.

When I went to school we did learn quite a bit a world geography, and how to use maps. I've always loved maps and whenever something occurs in the news or I hear about some place I'll look it up and try to learn some things about it. But that is me, and not everyone. Some people are very interested in sports teams, and know much about that. I know nothing about it and have no interest to know.

Also, as has been mentioned in other posts, this is a large place and there are many places to visit without obtaining an expensive passport, and purchasing expensive airline tickets. I've visited 41 of the US states through the years, and have only seen a small fraction of the things. I've been to several provinces in Canada. If I lived in Europe I'd have visited all the countries there and I'd know much more about them than I do. Much of it is about where you are and what you deal with in your day-to-day life.

Just a few of my thoughts. I'm not saying anyone else is right or wrong.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
well, I dont tell I know every country in Europe, but most yea... most have problem with Latvia and Lithuania.

And Im talking about a country, and not states in the country... so point of my post is, how can people confuse 1 country with other, which does not exists 20years or it separated in 2 countries?! Its like you would confuse US with Mexico.

I know we are small country, and in Europe are many others... we are in EU, NATO and many others world organisations... in the internet era and GOOGLE MAPS its for me really big question.
So you know most countries in your home continent .. wow you are super smart! Now do you know every country in Africa and South America? Oh you dont huh ... why is that?
You are comparing well known countries with populations in excess of a hundred million people to countries that have the populations of large cities. Do you realize how foolish of a comparison that is? It is NOT like someone confusing the US with Mexico and you lost intellect points in my book for even trying to use that as an example.

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 04-19-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:18 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Yes Karin, I understand you don't like it. And I understand you don't want the name of your country or a country next to yours to be involved in all this tragic incidents, but I think you are very angry or upset right now. The joke is about the former U.S. president, not about any particular country...
Anyway, I am glad the people who put the bombs won't cause more pain, that is the most important thing.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:

Edit:

learn your country world geography, then it will be everything ok
I know my world geography .. and it doesn't ONLY involve Europe miss!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
here we goo

+ milions of tweets in the same ways

and then reaction of Czech embassy in US http://www.mzv.cz/washington/en/czec...the_czech.html

so US world knowledge + medias are making really big bubble, and now its not fun ...

and now dont tell, it shouldn't bother me

lool , looks like Karin lost her sense of humor the day she was born

Look , most anti-french american dudes I know are either retarded or have very little information about my country so I just ignore them, the ones I talk to often joke about french stereotypes when I'm hanging out with them and since they know I'm the most patriotic french guy on the surface of the earth they always laugh their asses off when I say they're pissing me off, that's why I learned to respond to their teasing in the same humoristic way . If you start getting offended by such little things you lost the game. Just ignore the morons and always choose the appropriate response to the specific situation.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Look , most anti-french american dudes I know are either retarded or have very little information about my country so I just ignore them, the ones I talk to often joke about french stereotypes when I'm hanging out with them and since they know I'm the most patriotic french guy on the surface of the earth they always laugh their asses off when I say they're pissing me off, that's why I learned to respond to their teasing in the same humoristic way . If you start getting offended by such little things you lost the game. Just ignore the morons and always choose the appropriate response to the specific situation.
well... but this is not little game, when embassy must make statement about how thing really are, to stop all bullshits which are flying now in medias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
lool , looks like Karin lost her sense of humor the day she was born
everytime when I see your posts, my humor is on the lowest range

Last edited by Karin; 04-19-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
well... but possible unlike of the other countries, we were learning about each country in the world, more or less, but but we were...

if US would confuse your country with another on other side of planet, and would like to make a invasion, you wouldnt be surprised how could they make such stupid thing? :P
You are learning about every country in the world huh? Maybe you should buy an atlas and figure out how many countries there are in the world and then realize how what you just said is a foolish statement much like the thread you created!