Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Gotta love the old Sharps rifles, even if it is a reproduction. But still, $1400 ain't cheap. I can think of a couple rifles *coughM1Acough* I'd rather spend that kinda money on. But, to each his own. And it still is a cool looking, and if I'm not mistaken good shooting, rifle.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know of any M1A that will keep it's value like this one, and I'm thinking this one will most likely out shoot the M1A, specially when it comes to 1000 yards xD. That and I seem to have lots of .308s already. Always kinda wanted a Sharps too and I think this is about the best deal I've seen on them, and it wasn't 1400 either... it's good to be known

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I don't know of any M1A that will keep it's value like this one, and I'm thinking this one will most likely out shoot the M1A, specially when it comes to 1000 yards xD. That and I seem to have lots of .308s already. Always kinda wanted a Sharps too and I think this is about the best deal I've seen on them, and it wasn't 1400 either... it's good to be known

Regards,

Jung
I thought the tag read 1400...

It's not so much that I don't want a Sharps. I think they're awesome. At this point, however, I'd much prefer an M1A if I were to spend that kind of money on a gun. The M1A/M14 was one of the first guns I saw that I really really wanted. But because of its price, that dream is on hold. The Sharps is like how I described the Automag. If I saw it for a really cheap price, I'd get one, but I'm not going to actively hunt one down and buy it.

My other hesitation with those types of weapons is the ammunition. The stores that are close by have a crap selection and can only get basic NATO rounds. Of course I could reload, but I'm too lazy sometimes.

But like I said earlier, to each his own.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

yes the tag reads 1400 but it helps to know people lol. also I think I enjoy reloading more than I do actually shooting and finding the right load for a certain gun is the most fun of all as you combine the two.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
yes the tag reads 1400 but it helps to know people lol. also I think I enjoy reloading more than I do actually shooting and finding the right load for a certain gun is the most fun of all as you combine the two.

Regards,

Jung
Aaahh, I see. I wish there were a store like that around here, but most of the places that actually have guns are big name corporations like Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc. There is one that is a local store, but they're pretty rigid with their pricing and don't really cut deals like that.

I'm still learning to reload, so right now, it can seem to be more of a hassle just because I'm not used to it right now. In time, I suppose...
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Edit:

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 02-01-2012 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Eh, I agree to an extent. Yes they are a tool, but they are also for leisure. I don't do any "work" with mine, I use them for fun, although I was driving nails with a pistol... If you're not military, I'd see them closer to sporting equipment.

By the way, that is one UGLY gun...
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
Eh, I agree to an extent. Yes they are a tool, but they are also for leisure. I don't do any "work" with mine, I use them for fun, although I was driving nails with a pistol... If you're not military, I'd see them closer to sporting equipment.

By the way, that is one UGLY gun...
a tool is anything you use to help you get a job done. I agree it is an ugly gun though.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
a tool is anything you use to help you get a job done. I agree it is an ugly gun though.
Yes, but for some, it is not used for work. Would you consider a baseball bat to be a tool? If so, then we have different definitions and there is no point in continuing this discussion. Personally, I use them for leisurely target shooting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes guns are tools, just not to me.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

From Merriam-Webster:

tool
noun \ˈtül\

a : a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task b (1) : the cutting or shaping part in a machine or machine tool (2) : a machine for shaping metal : machine tool
a : something (as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession <a scholar's books are his tools>