Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée and lip syncing, thoughts?

I almost feel bad telling you guys the truth, and I know it's gonna disappoint lots of people , but... apparently she wasn't actually singing live .. According to the majority on Alizée-France, at least Roch Voisine's part was recorded since it's the exact same one there is on his single. It's up to you guys to believe it or not .

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Thanks Lap for the upload.I am also mystified why she seems to do better with other peoples songs live. Although she has had a few questionable performances with others material.

I was starting to lean towards the belief that Alizee only has the talent to be a studio musician. That never putting together a band and doing shows of any size available,was for this reason. Just based on this live performance I may be wrong. She lacks power, but what a sweet delicate angelic tone. That's what I fell in love with.

Oh God , it wrenches my hurt to read your poost pepe. I don't know what to think . I really hope she was singing live.

People are even starting to wonder whether "La Javanaise" was live or another recorded performance...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-15-2013 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I almost feel bad telling you guys the truth, and I know it's gonna disappoint lots of people , but... apparently she wasn't actually singing live .. According to the majority on Alizée-France, at least Roch Voisine's part was recorded since it's the exact same one there is on his single. It's up to you guys to believe it or not .

I thought it's usual in french TV shows, that you don't sing live
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
I thought it's usual in french TV shows, that you don't sing live

Yes it happens sometimes but it's supposed to be the exception, most of them sing for real.
The problem with Lili is that it's the exception 90% of the time. :/

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post

Oh God , it wrenches my hurt to read your poost pepe. I don't know what to think . I really hope she was singing live.

People are even starting to wonder whether "La Javanaise" was live or another recorded performance...
Will it be too much if I say that even the recorded versions of songs of artists sung by her sound much better than recorded versions of her own old songs?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

A GREAT BIG SO WHAT IF SHE DID?

I've always noticed a difference between the voice of Alizée when she sings live or prerecorded. Keep in mind, when she first came to Paris, she wanted to be a dancer. It just so happened that she also put singing as part of her resume. I have heard many recording artists who could not carry a tune on their own. Thanks to doblys, reverberaters, filters and autotune (yuck) anyone could become a singing star.

The group Duran Duran was the first group that was made for music videos. They were all cute guys who couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag. All of their concerts were prerecorded. Before music videos, look at all the artists who made it big. Most of them were in no way pretty or handsome but they had voices that could charm birds off the trees. Today, if you are not drop dead gorgeous then agents will not touch you.

As for you Corsaire, I'm sorry to see you go but opinions, like elbows, almost everybody has at least one. You are not the first to rock Alizée off of her pedestal in here. I've done it more than once, got scolded, shrugged it off and went on with my life. This is not the most insane thread ever created. Some of the older members may recall the "If Alizée and one of your family members/loved ones were drowning and you could only save one, who would you save?" That drew a heated debate between the 'true believers' and the 'conservative' members. Please remember this Corsaire, you didn't come here because you wanted all the members to like you. Just like me, you came here to learn more about Alizée. When I first came here, this place was a gold mine of information. There were galleries of pictures and page after page of music videos, interviews and commercials that included Alizée. My favorite place to be was in the old chat room. I gained and found respect for many of the members there. Today's chat room is not the same, at least not for me.

Beyoncé prerecorded America's National Anthem for President Obama's inauguration and lip-synced it just in case she may have messed up.

Ok, I'm done...peace out!

Edit:

You're doing an awesome job Scruffy. I have no complaints whatsoever of the job you're doing here. I'm not sure if there are any new mods or not. I remember Roman, man he had an opinion on everything. People come and go, some return 'ahem'. lol But the ones who leave, I hope that they leave with a better understanding of what Alizée was all about. And it's mods like you Scruffy who keeps that information going.

Last edited by Rocket; 04-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-23-2013, 02:06 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

No more. This is done.

That topic is what you think about Lili lip syncing. Not bashing other members.

To people who's posts were deleted, I hope you understand why, this is getting out of hand.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM

This sucks Brian! I didn't bash anyone and I get deleted? This bites monkeys!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
This sucks Brian! I didn't bash anyone and I get deleted? This bites monkeys!
Hence why it was undeleted.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Oh... yeah... so you didn't! Well, color me embarrassed.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I just woke up from a long, long dream...

The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I’d something more to say

The best to everyone and, to Alizée, of course!

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-23-2013 at 02:59 PM..