Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Presenting it to her again was like I said, maybe being a little rude, but when something like this is e-mailed to a star or even sent through the regular mail, fans have no way of knowing if it ever actually makes it to them. Could just be opened by a secretary who deems it meaningless and deep sixes it.
In the case of Alizée, that's just not true.

I feel kind of strongly about this, so (speaking of presenting things more than once) let me repeat. She pays attention. She knows we're here. She is on-line regularly. She reads everything that's sent to her; in fact, that's even more true now than it was in the Mylène days because nobody is shielding her from communication.

She also, regretfully, doesn't have so many fans that it's impossible for her to do this.

I felt we really overdid sending the letter. She read it, I'm sure, when it was posted here on its own thread, but sending it directly by some channel or other was fine. But we sent it twice, once via Sony and once via Institubes. That was already overkill. But then, we also sent it electronically to Julien in Paris, for him to deliver. And THEN, Scruffy, you hand-delivered it to her at the signing.

That's five times. And I am completely certain she received it all five times. Can everyone agree that that was a little much, and all because people had such doubts about her receiving what is sent to her?

Have a little more confidence than that. Electronic transmission of information really, truly does work. It's actually more reliable than snail mail, not less. (Although there are some things you can't use it for.) Alizée isn't Madonna -- first off she's not a bitch like Madonna, and secondly she doesn't have nearly as many fans.

I've already thanked her for this wonderful gesture, which she certainly did not have to do for us, and I have no doubt she's received my messages. So personally, I feel no need for more. If you guys want to do something collective, that might be nice and she might appreciate it, but please: just send it once after it's finished, not multiple times. I would suggest doing it by Facebook. It's quickest, and it's quite reliable. Ben is a FB friend of hers and would be the logical choice because he's the site manager here. Or I'd volunteer if you want. Fine with me.

It's polite to say thank you for something as nice as this, but don't freak out about it. Really.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716