Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-22-2021, 12:42 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Donation/gift to Alizée and Grégoire's dance school

Donation/gift to Alizée and Grégoire's dance school

One of the long time members of Alizée America has recently married and donated a substantial part of his large Alizée collection to another member of Alizée America.

After receiving this collection, this member of the Alizée America community decided to resell this collection within the community and felt that all proceeds of the sale should benefit Alizée, since it was her work that was sold.

Therefore it is planned to give all the raised money as a donation/gift to Alizée and Grégoire's dance school Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio.
In case you want to contribute to this, you can let us know.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

What a generous idea!
Old 09-22-2021, 05:31 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I think this is a great idea, I am glad that we are able to sell Alizée items to raise money we can donate.

However, I would make a suggestion. I don't think Alizée and Greg are hurting for money. Sure they probably have a lot of money invested in the school and they have been closed for a while, but they each have had successful and lucrative careers.

Perhaps, we can direct our donation to serve instead as a scholarship for students who want to take classes there but cannot afford it. Maybe this was always the intent, but it was not directly stated so I thought I should suggest it.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Perhaps, we can direct our donation to serve instead as a scholarship for students who want to take classes there but cannot afford it. Maybe this was always the intent, but it was not directly stated so I thought I should suggest it.
It's as if you have been reading my mind.

I think we all would like this to be a charitable donation and can suggest it be a scholarship, but in the end leave it to A&G as to how or to whom to apply it to. There might be a way for the funds to be used to benefit all students, such as applying it towards the purchase of outfits/shoes/etc. for their next gala.

This is also a small way to show Alizee that we are still here and are still engaged as fans.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:57 AM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Donation/gift to Alizée and Grégoire's dance school

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It's as if you have been reading my mind.

I think we all would like this to be a charitable donation and can suggest it be a scholarship, but in the end leave it to A&G as to how or to whom to apply it to. There might be a way for the funds to be used to benefit all students, such as applying it towards the purchase of outfits/shoes/etc. for their next gala.

This is also a small way to show Alizee that we are still here and are still engaged as fans.
I agree, very well said.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I think this is a great idea, I am glad that we are able to sell Alizée items to raise money we can donate.

However, I would make a suggestion. I don't think Alizée and Greg are hurting for money. Sure they probably have a lot of money invested in the school and they have been closed for a while, but they each have had successful and lucrative careers.

Me and another admin have been considering the idea of a scholarship for a while now. As Fall suggested, they probably have enough money for their needs and would never accept a cash gift from a fan, but maybe if we suggest they use it as a scholarship that would help out a needy person or two, which in turn would benefit the studio, they'd accept it.

It looks like we'll have over 500 and maybe as much as 600 euros, so we think there would be enough there for one time scholarships for at least 2 students.

The studio announced earlier this month that they are accepting registrations for the 2021-2022 season. So if they are not open yet, they should be open very soon.

We will suggest a scholarship, but we will leave it up to them how to use it. Maybe one of their students has a sick family member and they are not well off financially. Maybe the studio needs repairs, or maybe as Clever Cowboy I believe suggested, they might want supplies for the next Gala.

I have to point out if anyone else cares to donate, we may never hear anything from Alizée in return. I'm sure she has received many things from fans and she can't thank them all so I believe it's her policy in most cases, not to respond to gifts. Also if they choose to help someone in some type of need, they may want to keep that private.

One last thing, if anyone wants to donate, we will announce if they so choose the names of those who donate, but not the amount.

dance studio eep 2021.jpg

letter.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-23-2021 at 12:27 PM..