Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
good suggestion, i think that should be part of the letter we send to her label/company/representatives or whatever, but not to Alizée herself because it wouldnt have as much impact. Have we decided on that, whether to split the project in two? A more formal, letter with all our signatures as a petition to the company (appealing to their pockets and wallets), and a more heartfelt and loving one to Alizée? (to motivate her to come here) Idk, just throwing it out there.
That's a great idea and yes it should be a separate project.

I wish I had more time in my hands, but I'll try to at least contribute with a little information here and there. This is where Ruslana's petition was originally created, which is very easy for anyone to create a petition for Alizée to come here: http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

Ruslana's Petition 3581 Signatures sent to the NYPD: http://www.petitiononline.com/ruslana/petition.html
My Ruslana Blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=417229270

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 09-15-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Wow!... this is a huge thread that has popped up relatively quickly. I think an open letter could be a daunting thing to formulate correctly. Not that is can't be done, just that it would be difficult to do correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
To clarify, I believe that too. I just think it's up to us to make the first move kick-starting the joint effort, like they did in Mexico (where she has certainly put in subsequent effort). We've wondered if Alizée wants to come here, and I see our role at this point as showing demand, so that her and her management are more inclined.
I think what most of us are wondering is what way is really the best way to go about that
Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

dudes, the most important thing i think we need to focus on is GETTING THIS THING SENT OUT! i mean, i don't want to prove noAlizee4u right.

i mean, if the first thing we send out is a bit messy and could be worked on, at least we'll have something sent out.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
dudes, the most important thing i think we need to focus on is GETTING THIS THING SENT OUT! i mean, i don't want to prove noAlizee4u right.

i mean, if the first thing we send out is a bit messy and could be worked on, at least we'll have something sent out.
yeah but i'd want them to take us seriously. they're just going to throw this away if we write like we're not out of middle school yet. i would prefer taking a bit longer so that we get it just right.

And about the petition, i dont know if i can fill all that out Jess/guys! I clicked on the link and there's a lot of stuff there that confuses me, and there are info requirements that i cant fill out because i dont know whats being asked or what im supposed to answer. I really dont want to seem lazy and reluctant about this but i just dont know how to get that petition started. But i will help out in any way i can to whoever leads the way on both the Lilly letter (Chuck) and the company letter (you?)
Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

No worry! I don't like messy either!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
International Fan

Guys it's not that difficult unless you make it difficult yourself. We just need to get organized, here's a little pitch of things to be done. You can add more things, but I wouldn't recommend removing any. Also in order to work in order, there needs to be assigned leaders, me thinks.

1) A private personal letter or letters will be sent to Alizée, to show our support and interest, and to request her to inform us her fans, what exactly she wants to do. We'll encourage her to come here of course, but we'll also let her know that we respect her decision whatever that may be.

2) A less personal but still important letter will be sent to her music producers or promoters, to let them know that we're interested in helping them promote Alizée here in our town. It will be in a form of petition via signatures that we will collect from all the Alizée fans in the USA.

3) We will organize a street team of volunteers to hit the streets with info and cd samples of her music. And if we have a laptop or psp or ipod to show some video samples we could even take signatures from them if they want her to come.

4) This forum and others who are willing to participate should continue to twitter Jive, and ask them to inform us as to the best way to promote Alizée. We need to show them that we are serious about this without a reason of doubt.

5) I think all this will have a much better impact if for once we forget our forum colors and unite to make the loudest request that we have ever made thus far !! There is strength in numbers people, just ask any gang member and they will tell you he he... May The Force Be With Us (feel free to pray if you feel like it).

Last edited by Jess; 09-15-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Default À Jess, Ah yes.

Gulp. Double gulp.

Jess, love ya, man, but I think you confused some people there. So let me try to clarify a couple things here.

FOR THOSE UNCLEAR, this thread is dedicated to Jess's point #1 above. It's just the letter-to-Alizée project.

Jess has lots a great suggestions and ideas! His post #106 here will likely become the core of what ultimately gets sent! And I will incorporate his and any other ideas into the letter we produce. Thanks, Jess!

For anyone just tuning in, look at posts #1, 85, 87, 92, 98, 101, and 116. Those are instructions, explanations, specs, and what we'd put together so far.

I'll recompile all those things together in a day or two. And post a new, updated version of the letter for all to see. But it's 4 am now in Wisc, so I gotta go out and milk the cows first.

And no, Jess, we won't "hit you over the head with a blunt object", even if that's what you wanted.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I think what most of us are wondering is what way is really the best way to go about that
What tipped things over the edge in Mexico was when they started playing the official J'en ai marre clip on major music videos channels due to demand. Don't think we can do that here yet, so radio stations are probably our best target. To get them to playing her stuff, we'll need to send in lots of requests. Real, legitimate ones from many different people, not repeated spam from a core group of fans like in past online polls. So we need to promote online (social network sites like myspace and facebook) and on the streets (fliers, sample discs, etc.) to increase our numbers.

That in short is my plan: promote, numbers, radio. Which then may be enough to spur the "joint effort" Deepwaters talked about, carrying things on from there. But...

This is getting real off-topic from Chuck's letter!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
International Fan

My bad I guess... never been told before that I was spamming (snif). I was just answering CFHollister and anyone with similar questions.
Sorry for creating such confusion and getting real off-topic, it won't happen again I promise.

Edit: By the way when you send the letter make sure you don't send it with numbers.

Last edited by Jess; 09-17-2009 at 11:32 AM..
Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Talking Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam

Don't be depressed, Jess! Spam is good! Delicious, in fact, and lasts for years and years and years and years and......

And thanks for mentioning the numbers thing! Very good point. Very good, and I will make sure to remove them. (Actually, I may add more numbers today or tomorrow, just to keep things straight while we're compositing. So don't be alarmed.)

But yes, in the finished letter, having numbers or 'bullet points' on the 'list' part would seem a lot more demanding and rude. Which is why I probably would have made that mistake, and why it's a good thing this isn't all being written by one person alone!

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail