Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I don't think she's that internet-inclined as we are Fall.
Just live off what you deem as few strings of communication between you and her. Feed off of it.
Or just spend your life to catch hopefully a concert in the future and then be the closest you ever will, lest there be another autograph signing.
I've done that all my life , no connection to my favorite artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
well, maybe if this singing thing doesn't work out I'd fly her out to fix my computer.

you are supposed to presoak your computer in your bath tub before you use the internet right? Also my comp was getting too hot so I drilled a few holes in those flat green and purple things to let the hotness out.
Yeah! My laptop got all hot so i put it in the freezer for a bit and now it wont turn on. so i put it in warm water but that did nothing! The Dr. Freeze thing from Batman was a lie!!! I need a professional miracle to help me out!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

psh, i got so frustrated at my previous laptop for being retarded when trying to open itunes, i punched the screen and it died.

beat that! (that's a true story too.)

Old 09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
psh, i got so frustrated at my previous laptop for being retarded when trying to open itunes, i punched the screen and it died.

beat that! (that's a true story too.)

the worst thing that happened to my computer actually happened about a week after i bought it, my dad got insanely angry (i forget why) and when i yelled at him to calm down he slammed my laptop shut . the display was obviously effed up and i had to go to best buy to exchange it for my current one. unfortunately, also a true story
Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Updated "Letter", Clarification, Solicitations

Jalen mentioned P!nk cd's yesterday, and it reminded me of the "My Humps" dustup. (LCC thought that song was "vulgar").

Turns out, most French had never heard of P!nk before! ( some had noticed her on the twitter thing ) I posted a pic and youtube links to her, hoping just to get a reaction. Yeak. It horrified a couple people! One guy said P!nk seemed awfully "vulgaire", too!

Good thing I didn't talk about "My Humps" first. Let's just say that song is not going on the list.

(btw Jalen, if you're not in ton bain de mousse anymore, you'll have to specify how you want your name to appear here)

AS shown below, this is basically the form of the finished product I have in mind. Just a very nice, polite E-Doc.

There may have been some misconceptions involving great bundles, packages, and ashtrays being delivered. No. No ashtrays. Sorry, but I am not volunteering to do all that. ( but if somebody else wants to start that, I'll go start making ceramics too )

QUICK SUMMARY SO FAR: We're brainstorming our best media / marketing-type ideas - so please add a post or two (or three or ...) with your ideas of how to promote the new CD and Alizée in North America. Then we assemble these ideas into just a very nice, polite, maybe-even-helpful e-doc, and tnen we hit send. That's it.

Any Old Ideas You Got, Really!

Alizée could, would, and rightly should kick Celine Dion off the charts and back to Canada, if she was only introduced to that same audience. (ulp, sorry Canadians).

But would Americans go for it if Alizée was presented as another Britney, Madonna, or Pink, only from France? I don't know.

We do know that first impressions count for a lot, and most Americans haven't yet had that first impression.

*ENTRIES WITH ASTERISKS* below are totally up for grabs. To be added, changed, deleted, overdiscussed, and/or adopted. Suggestions still in no particular order.

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

And want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, here are our top suggestions on how to wow the populace and take your rightful place as queen of the world:
(notice: copywriter wanted- must be good at fawning)

1) Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen

2) Tour with or open for Madonna! --Fall06, Annandale, VA

x) More internet videos--hi & lo def, one for each of the new songs -- perhaps even with subtitles? They'd go viral! --______(any takers?)*

x) Be on SNL. Or Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or any or all of 'em! (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other foreigners) --stinky53, Toad Suck Dam, AR*

x)Consider this website as your home base in the U.S., if you wish! We've already got everything set up. And at your service. (uh, Ben, everyone, can we say that?)

x) Consider moving to L.A. for a year, like "Becks" and "Posh" did! Everybody knows them now. And everything they say, do, eat, etc.... --______(anyone?)*

x) Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photogs (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______(anyone?)*

x) Dance a little more! Just a little? Look like you're having fun onstage! (this was the outcome of an earlier thread, last week was it? those names will get added here, but feel free to jump in if you remember who said what) (or, as above, post if you want to endorse this suggestion now)

x) Consider playing at this arena: (also from an earlier thread. also still "open" for your additional concert venue suggestions)*

x) Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, lotsa federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music. --______(anyone?)*

x) Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong french women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. A couple movie stars, maybe? but no musical artists. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! --(from all of us.) (hmm?)

x,y,z....)
Whatever else you all want to add.

I know there's still tons of other great suggestions already posted elsewhere in the forum. I'll keep trying to copy some of those to here in the upcoming days. Anyone else noticing those, please do so, too!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

mon chaise de theatre, truthful but doesn't have that ring.

Yes, dancing would certainly vivify her image, but I believe I heard that now she has had some back problems and the last thing I want is for her to sacrifice her health for us. I'd rather her never sing again than hurt herself trying to perform for us.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Get offline. And Go clean the Tub!

Quote:
= His tub has a ring!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

I see several people giving out ideas and suggestions towards the Alizée promotion here in the US, thats very good; but we still lack in organization, and self determination to start out this project. These are my opinions in what should be some of the steps we should take first:

-suggestions, comments, ideas towards how/what we should do.
-create an AA Group dedicated to her promotion here in America
----( to lead and promote her in specific cities/towns; communicating on brainstorming and future projects, etc...)
-Create an Alizée America Logo; this so we could be known for future fans to join, and as part of being organized.
-conversate/post with AA members and administrators to find a way to get funding for materials towards her promotion.
-inform other sites(lillytownusa,alizee forum,alizee latino, alizee world..) about our plans in promoting, so they could also give out ideas suggestions and help us out.

-(many other ideas you may have...)
----------------------------------------------------------------
After some initiative has been taken, we can start taking in account the ideas members have cobtributed and work them out
Ideas like:
-calling college radio stations, and public radio stations
-sending letters
-----(radio/TV stations, magazines, musuc companies, managers, Alizee,etc..)
-making promo YouTube videis with mixed clips and audio with durations of 30-60sec. With different tags i.e: (America, politics,sports, france, Britney spears, singers, actors ,etc ...)
-ALizée America merchandise: ( T-shirts, stickers/bumper stickers, flyers, promo posters and more)
-setting these promotion material in strategic places( malls, plazas airports schools jobs, etc....)
And ALOT more Ideas....

We have to be positive and think positive, we have to five it a chance we have nothing to loose; but alot to GAIN! We cannot say its impossible because there is proof and results from our friends in Mexico, they gave the shot, and the result was; she went for her promo, Physc. Concerts, revieved awards and to the Aguascalientes show. I hope this thread does not die out or stops, but keeos on growing with ideas, and results

-----sorry for any errors posted using ipod
Old 09-10-2009, 03:11 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Ok. I am really lazy and don't want to read the five pages of long drawn out conversations...Catch me up, anyone?
I see now we have an issue of deciding what to put in the letter?
I suppose that means we know where to send it?

Thanks

Whatever you put in the letter, wherever you send the letter...ADDRESS IT TO ALIZEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
I see several people giving out ideas and suggestions towards the Alizée promotion here in the US, thats very good; but we still lack in organization, and self determination to start out this project.
Ok...I've got a pen and paper...Shoot.

Oh, and Alizee on SNL...bad idea.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 09-10-2009 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Yes, dancing would certainly vivify her image, but I believe I heard that now she has had some back problems and the last thing I want is for her to sacrifice her health for us. I'd rather her never sing again than hurt herself trying to perform for us.
Yea, she has an arched back I believe. Poor woman. I agree with you, we want to have Alizée happy then anything else. I'm really not that good of a thinker to come up with something but I'll go with whatever you guys can come up with.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
x)Consider this website as your home base in the U.S., if you wish! We've already got everything set up. And at your service. (uh, Ben, everyone, can we say that?)

x) Consider moving to L.A. for a year, like "Becks" and "Posh" did! Everybody knows them now. And everything they say, do, eat, etc.... --______(anyone?)*

x) Go shopping, in Beverly Hills. You don't have to buy anything, just cause a stir. If you need bodyguards, an entourage, nanny service, photogs (all recommended) or anything else, just tweet or drop a hint here. --______(anyone?)*

x) Consider playing at this arena: (also from an earlier thread. also still "open" for your additional concert venue suggestions)*

x) Consider playing the university circuit. Huge, beautiful halls, students thirsting for culture, lotsa federal funding. And besides, students buy the most music.
--______(anyone?)*
I like the first three ideas but obviously it wasnt me that came up with them.

for the university/arena thing, i got one but its sorta big. she obviosuly doesnt have to fill all the seats, but its a big school and i know any fan in Virginia would go (ME! and Vorock i believe) here check it out:

http://www.patriotcenter.com/about/

in case you're lazy and dont wanna click it:

"Located on the campus of Northern Virginia's George Mason University, the Patriot Center is a 10,000-seat arena that hosts Mason basketball games, concerts, family shows and commencement ceremonies. Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, Bob Dylan, Ricardo Arjona, Enrique Iglesias, the Harlem Globetrotters and Disney on Ice are only a few of the concerts and family shows that have performed at the arena over the past 24 years (And Fall06's graduation will be there June 2010!)."

I aint sayin she has to come here, but it would work if she was doing the university/arena thing and since NoVa has a notable amount of latinos maybe there are a few Mexican or other nationality fans here.

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail