Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee videos on TikTok

As we know, one of the great things about Alizee is how there are always new people discovering her music and videos, mostly via videos on the internet.

Of course YouTube has been the main place in which this happens, but her videos are being shared elsewhere as well. If you're not familiar with TikTok, it's a video sharing app that's been around for about 3 years now and is one of the most popular/fastest growing social media all around the world. The app is mostly used on mobile devices so the videos are generally vertical and must be under 1 minute long.

So I decided to search the hashtag 'Alizee' on TikTok, and there are now 32.5million views under that tag. Though not all of them relate to our Alizee, I wanted to highlight some numbers these videos were hitting. So here are some videos and correlating stats, and keep in mind that views are not displayed on the app (at least on desktop), only likes and comments.

https://www.tiktok.com/@retromusic_o...from_webapp=v1 (Moi Lolita WMA, 214.9k likes, 2777 comments, 7577 shares)

https://www.tiktok.com/@chopper4kmus...from_webapp=v1 (La Isla Bonita, 34.2k likes, 563 comments, 5539 shares)

https://www.tiktok.com/@peppethe90sh...from_webapp=v1 (Moi Lolita Top Of The Pops, 20k likes, 276 comments, 1243 shares)

https://www.tiktok.com/@nostalgia_ru...from_webapp=v1 (J'en ai marre on Tubes, 14.8k likes, 752 comments, 409 shares)

https://www.tiktok.com/@kevin_johans...from_webapp=v1 (Dance Monkey from earlier this year, 9k likes, 1.4k comments, 1287 shares)

There's also fan renditions of some of her dance routines (mostly JEAM).

Just looking at that first link, 214k likes is nearly half of what's on her most viewed YouTube video, which happens to be of the same performance. Though it is important to remember that the view to like ratio is a lot different on TikTok, 214k likes is likely only 1-2 million views, whilst on YouTube it takes far more views to achieve a similar number.

So yeah, good to see her work is being shared on another popular social media, especially a platform with a lot of young people (such as myself) who's best chance of discovering Alizee is through some algorithm recommending one of her videos.

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-03-2021 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-04-2021, 08:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing these stats!

I'm not a TikTok-ker and don't even have the app installed. You seem to have confirmed what we speculated here on this forum some time ago, that Alizee is here to stay for quite some time. Maybe it was the pandemic and the increased time online that caused the surge in interest in her, but she is nowhere near fading into the sunset. She just might be that rare phenomenon where her videos are still being viewed 100 years from now and them thinking how lucky we were to be alive when she was.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
She just might be that rare phenomenon where her videos are still being viewed 100 years from now and them thinking how lucky we were to be alive when she was.
Sometimes I read people saying that we are born too soon to explore space and too late to explore the world. It's kinda true and a bit demoralizing. But now we can say we are born just in time to appreciate Alizée!

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-04-2021 at 04:24 PM..
Old 08-04-2021, 10:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
..........So I decided to search the hashtag 'Alizee' on TikTok, and there are now 32.5million views under that tag. Though not all of them relate to our Alizee, I wanted to highlight some numbers these videos were hitting. So here are some videos and correlating stats, and keep in mind that views are not displayed on the app (at least on desktop), only likes and comments.

https://www.tiktok.com/@retromusic_o...from_webapp=v1 (Moi Lolita WMA, 214.9k likes, 2777 comments, 7577 shares)

Just looking at that first link, 214k likes is nearly half of what's on her most viewed YouTube video, which happens to be of the same performance. Though it is important to remember that the view to like ratio is a lot different on TikTok, 214k likes is likely only 1-2 million views, whilst on YouTube it takes far more views to achieve a similar number.

So yeah, good to see her work is being shared on another popular social media, especially a platform with a lot of young people (such as myself) who's best chance of discovering Alizee is through some algorithm recommending one of her videos.
The first video is a Moi Lolita performance from 2002, apparently from a Russian channel on Tik Tok, "Retromusic_official". It "looks"to have been posted in November of last year. So as Ben.Daly mentioned, it's had over 215,000 likes and 7,580 shares in just under 9 months. For her to still generate those types of numbers in that amount of time I think is amazing.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

So I decided to search the hashtag 'Alizee' on TikTok, and there are now 32.5million views under that tag. Though not all of them relate to our Alizee, I wanted to highlight some numbers these videos were hitting. So here are some videos and correlating stats, and keep in mind that views are not displayed on the app (at least on desktop), only likes and comments.
Ben.Daly thank you so much for this great post and information! I don’t know much about TikTok, but I think it’s about time I get up to speed!
Old 08-12-2021, 01:38 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I don’t know much about TikTok, but I think it’s about time I get up to speed!
I mean, from what I’ve heard, isn’t TikTok mostly lip-syncing, dance routine clips and comedy skits? I didn’t know there are Alizée videos there so it is interesting to learn. I just never thought about using the platform. What else is on there Ben?
Old 08-14-2021, 10:14 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
I mean, from what I’ve heard, isn’t TikTok mostly lip-syncing, dance routine clips and comedy skits? I didn’t know there are Alizée videos there so it is interesting to learn. I just never thought about using the platform. What else is on there Ben?
TikTok's grown pretty big to the point where you'll find just about anything there.