Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Smile Alizée - A contre-courant - Clip with renovated building

18 years ago today, on October 1, 2003, Alizée's video clip A contre-courant was officially released by the French television channel M6.

Quote:
“A contre-courant” Music Video Clip

Director: Pierre Stine
Chief cameraman: Jean Poisson
Production: Requiem Publishing
Executive producer: Blueberry
Format: 35 mm
Duration: 3:54 minutes

The video was filmed in Belgium over two days. The decor is natural since it is a huge coal processing plant, disused and abandoned for many years. The man who appears in the clip is a real contortionist, from the circus world.

Since there was a storm during filming while most of the windows of the former coal washing facility Triage-Lavoir de Péronnes had been broken over the years, the wind you see inside is from the storm blowing through the building and not a special effect in the video.

“A contre-courant” marks the second collaboration between Alizée and Pierre Stine, since the latter had already produced “L’Alizé”, the clip with lots of soap bubbles.
On my way to Alizée's performance in Paris I went by Péronnes-lez-Binche, where the video clip was shot in and around the huge abandoned former coal washing facility Triage-Lavoir de Péronnes.

The building was renovated after the video clip was shot, so the same building looks different now compared to the original video clip.

While I was there, I made a few video recordings of the outside of the renovated building similar to the intro shots at the beginning of the original video clip, and thanks to the great video editing work by Joe Banana you can now watch the A contre-courant video clip featuring the renovated building.

https://youtu.be/H3Ioxh3OTSU Alizée - A contre-courant - Clip (original)

https://youtu.be/aqEYLifJgBM Alizée - A contre-courant - Clip with the renovated building