Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

When you have the talent, the training, the voice, and the depth of understanding how a given song should be song so that it inspires, touches, and/or "reaches" the audience, it comes out effortlessly.
It is most surprising, maybe, to hear it come from the lips of one so young, but that just goes to show how deep Alizée's talent actually goes.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
Since we're on the subject of age, and it's been something I've wanted to ask for quite some time... Does anyone else think Veni Vedi Vici doesn't sound like a 16/17 year old singing it? Because 16/17 year olds don't sing like that. They sing happy, pony like songs... Not awesome, ownage like ones.

We're such cool fanboys/girls though. Let's see how many simply say "But it's Alizée." :P
Sorry to disappoint, but to me she just sounds like Alizée. I generally don't give much thought to how old she sounds, esp. on a song by song basis. I like to think of Alizée as as old as she is for MCE whenever I listen to material from Gourmandises because it makes me feel less guilty for finding her so attractive Videos like her 2003 performances of Moi Lolita and Gourmandises as well as En Concert help me out a lot in that arena
Old 02-25-2007, 07:20 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
...because it makes me feel less guilty for finding her so attractive ...
Why feel guilty? I sure as hell don't feel guilty. It is how we are created, or perhaps I should say it is how she was created. Here's reality hitting you in the face. Society has certain standards that it imposes upon our minds (and for good reason); however, reality just is what it is. You aren't going to do anything bad; so why feel guilty for appreciating beauty where ever you find it?
As you get older you tend to like your women older, but only to a point. Hey, I'm not going to have sex with a 15 year old girl, but if she's hot she's hot. Nothing's going to change that for me.
Or, if you prefer I can just use the universal inarguable answer: but it's Alizée.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Why feel guilty? I sure as hell don't feel guilty. It is how we are created, or perhaps I should say it is how she was created. Here's reality hitting you in the face. Society has certain standards that it imposes upon our minds (and for good reason); however, reality just is what it is. You aren't going to do anything bad; so why feel guilty for appreciating beauty where ever you find it?
As you get older you tend to like your women older, but only to a point. Hey, I'm not going to have sex with a 15 year old girl, but if she's hot she's hot. Nothing's going to change that for me.
Or, if you prefer I can just use the universal inarguable answer: but it's Alizée.
Good points; well made; I agree completely. It's just in my profession I'm scrutinized in that area a bit more.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I don't tend to think of her as being a given age when listening to her songs, I think of her as Alizée :-) Her age usually only comes up when I'm playing the stuff for somebody else, and want to impress them with her mad skills.

Honestly, there is one recording of her that blows me away in the "voice for age" category though, and that's her highschool performance of "Papillon de Nuit." Yes, she still sounds untrained at points, especially the high notes, but having the visual of that ~14 year old blasting away with such a powerful and deep voice amazes me.

Last edited by Cooney; 02-25-2007 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-02-2007, 11:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Good points; well made; I agree completely. It's just in my profession I'm scrutinized in that area a bit more.
Oh yes, of course, professional discretion is a whole other matter. Just because I decided to forgo it and put pictures of Alizée on my work computer's desktop, that doesn't mean I think just anyone should. If I was a high school teacher, for instance, there's no way I'd do that.

I think Cooney made the point though. It's a matter of personal interest vs. how you relate it to other people. Also, Alizée's appeal has always been for her talent in general, not just looks or sex appeal. Not meaning to get off topic, but speaking of singing talent at a young age, are you familiar with Leanne Rimes? She also had a deep voice at a young age and sounded amazing. I remember hearing her on the radio 10 or 11 years ago and unless I'm imagining things, I seem to recall she was 13! What was that song called, Blue?

Merci Fanny
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 AM

loveherfromusa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
When describing Alizée, one only needs to say "Alizée". It gets no higher in compliments, descriptions which include words such as "The Best, most beautiful, most talented, most classy", etc. The word "superlative" does not begin to describe Alizée, or all of her attributes. Any other words used are simply repetitive.

On one of the music forums, when someone puts up a picture of a woman they think is hot, I simply respond with, I'll stay with Alizée. When they tell me my standards are too high, I tell them that their standards are way too low. The best of the best of the best is all I need.
Thank you, thank you! Someone who understands me. Any evaluation having to do with beauty, hotness, sexiness, ... can not include Alizée. It wouldn't be fair to the others. If I say Penélope Cruz is beautiful, sexy and hot, I'm not comparing her to Alizée. I have a sense of fairness.

If I want to give a woman the highest compliment I could, I might say that she was 1/10 the angel that Alizée is. (I don't think I would really say that to a woman - I don't like being slapped.)

Obsession with Alizée is not a problem. Not being obsessed with her is.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up All Things Are Not Equal

Alizee could be like a Rolls Royce or Ferrari. They are of the finest caliber of machinery on the streets, but you can't afford them. You have to be careful around them. Treat them like a real gentleman. They catch everyone's attention. And you'll still be jealous that someone else owns them.

Most guys put pictures of these cars and women, like Alizee, on their walls or refrigerator to dream, or to achieve their goal.

I took the car pictures off my walls, I made do with my Scion, and now I just keep Alizee up.

She is the highest standard for everything in my life.