Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2010, 12:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
However, I do wish that someone would do a rewrite and she would re-record a couple of them (I know... that time is past). She comes through so intensely in a couple of spots with the lyrics that I believe if the songs were rewritten then she would have the potential to really blow away an English audience.

Unfortunately, like you say the time is past. What a pity. I think her songs could've done tremendously well here, just the way they were if only the radio stations had given her a chance and if they had better lyrics which I think wouldn't have taken that much, they would've kicked ass. I think they could still do very well here, after all they haven't been heard here, it would be something new for the listeners, because the subject line is timeless, but just like Beatles fans hoped for so many years for a re-unioin. I'm sure it's something that will never happen.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

as far as english songs i never really really liked I'm Fed Up or I'm Not Twenty... but Amelie now i really really like that one...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

I love both versions
Old 10-09-2021, 11:32 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

There are so many English songs whose lyrics make no sense at all. It seems for a lot of people they only care about if a song is "catchy" - so meaningfulness of lyrics is only part of it.

Honestly most Americans/Brits just never consume anything in another language, so foreign music almost never reaches English ears no matter how good it is. It really doesn't go as deep as Iraq war stuff or some bias against French culture in particular. So then you wonder why they even bothered writing English versions of their songs.