Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Well welcome to all new members and yeah she does tend to attract fans in the weirdest way, not saying that's bad thing thats a good thing . Anyway's welcome.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all the new members. Srbski-Kralj is right. Alizee draws in people for all walks of life and all regions. Plus this is a great place to interact with like-minded individuals.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Cool

I know the hows of how I discovered her but not the whys. I'm a long-time science fiction/fantasy fanboy so back in November, about two weeks before Thanksgiving, I was looking for videos about Star Trek in general and William Shatner in particular on YouTube. Somehow, when I searched for the SNL "Get a Life!" skit with William Shatner, the "pour Laurette" version of JEAM came up in the Related Videos panel. At the time I had no idea who she was so I ignored it.

However, a few days later curiosity got the best of me so I entered the same search terms and the JEAM video came up again but this this time I clicked it. Great googly moogly! I hadn't been that happy in a while! So, I spent all night and into morning finding and watching all the Alizée videos I could find. I then bought her albums and became a hardcore fan. I know it's been said many time here but I have to say I have never heard a voice so angelic in my life even though I'm older than dirt. And I can think of only two other singers, Edith Piaf and Patsy Cline, who can affect me so emotionally with their singing.

So, while I still don't know how her video came up in that search I'm just going to thank my lucky stars that it did.

Brian
Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 AM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Welcome BrianB!! Many have been seduced by Alizee's siren call. By the time you realize it you have been hooked by the angel. Like you said, thank your lucky stars she came up in your search.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 AM

Keanu2CoolForYou is on a distinguished road

Well, I found her music on Amazon when I was looking for Josh Groban stuff.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

okay...

I discovered Alizée 2001 when Moi..Lolita became huge in Germany... I visited a classmate and we worked together on a school project (I guess it was something about a sect for religion) and her TV was on... suddenly Moi.. Lolita starts (I had never heared the song before) and I was pretty fascinated by this kind of music... not just only be the music...finally the clip was great was well and the girl was cute... but it wasn't the clip or the girl what had have fascinated my so much.... this song was soooo awesome! But I just had seen the clip a second time and that was all I know about this... to be honest - I never remember the name of the girl and I had no idea who was singing this catchy song... and at the beginning I didn't really noticed in which language she sung... I weren't sure if this was italian or french *blushing*...but everytime I have heard ML on the radio it makes me happy... you maybe ask yourself why I never known her name? So... I'm not the kind of person who is watching MTV, Viva and all these stupid music stations... at least I never watch it... I was never really interested... and I don't know why but I never got the idea to type "Lolita" and "singer" or "song" into google... I don't remember if we have known google in 2001... argh...

Well... time passed by... I never forget the song and that curious because I'm that kind of person: I hear a song at a radio station, I find the music fine and great for two or three weeks and then I forget about it... music was never really important to me and because of that I have no idea about current songs or something like that... I don't know much about music and singers... I have just a few songs I listen more often and keep them in my mind... and when I hear a song in the radio it's 99% sure that I don't know who is singing it...

but back to Alizée! As I said - seasons changed, years passed by and I didn't got Moi.. Lolita out of my mind... and than something happens...

I was sitting infront of the TV (it was in 2003, I guess I had to be in late spring or the in summer... dunno) and then some stupid commercials flickered across the screen... and suddenly there was it! just a short spot. About a special album... MCE!!! Okay, I didn't know that it was Alizée but the voice in the background said something like "Here is the new album of the french singer who had sung Moi.. Lolita". It was like an electric shock! I remembered the song and I was happy cause now I KNEW who that french girl was... and after that I went to the next CD shop and bought both albums...

so by two flukes I get to know Alizée and listened Gourmandises and MCE all day long and my mum was going crazy... always the same CDs...

I fall in love with her voice first I have heared Moi Lolita... but now I discovered the true beauty of Alizées voice... it was amazing... I was bewitched by every note, every line, every melodie... and by Alizée!

she is one of the best things which had happened in my life and also with twice cancelled concerts in the past - I would never say that I wasted my time... because without her my life would not be complete... I would miss her too much... okay I'm going offtopic...

P.S. If there are some mistakes in my post I'm sorry....
Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Jolie Fée Princesse

CinnamonPixie is on a distinguished road

Ok, sort of long story... well I suck at making these things short actually; but here goes:

My boyfriend used what he thought was a good pickup line on me the first time he finally got the courage to approach me (that didn't come out right and I can't fix it in my head, so I'll just fess up that I was still too nervous to go up to him first...)... He said that I looked exactly what he thought Alizee would look like if she were my age and a cheerleader (he must have been hallucinating about my hair or something). It didn't mean much to me when he said that... But he was cute, mainly 'cuz of how nice he was being and how he was trying so hard to not scare me off or anything - and putting himself through heck stressin' over it.

His sister was watching when he finally walked away and came up to me and told me who Alizee was, and that he had her pictures everywhere, always talked about, listened to her music, etc... He was even planning on taking French! When she said he was always spouting off about how she was "the prettiest girl ever born" or something I realized what he was trying to say... Poor guy was too geeky to realize that I might not know who the singer was (I'm just as geeky, in many many ways).

I chased after him before he got far, and made the more firm commitment answer to his "let's hang out and talk" thing - for a "first date" he asked me over to his house for rootbeer floats and what he'd asked around to learn was my favorite movie! How cool is that? So I told him what his sister told me, and asked if she was that pretty (how could I possibly compete with her?!) and if he meant what he'd said to me. He didn't even pause to take a breath when he excitedly said yes. That's about the time when my friends and his sister caught up with me/us and started teasing me (his sis was giving him a hard time) about my bright red face and goofy shyness...

Long story short, I kissed his cheek and told him I'd definitely make it - as long as Daddy said it was ok - and the rest is history, as they say... He showed me some of her videos and songs, and of course the insane amount of pics (he must have scoured the web something fierce!) and forgot to hide the pic he'd gotten of me from the local paper which was practically in the middle of all his Alizee pics (the printed ones). That was almost 2 years ago... We're still dating, and yes... I'm a fan of Alizee's too now.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonPixie View Post
Ok, sort of long story...
Best. "How did you discover Alizée" story. Ever.

Quote:
My boyfriend used what he thought was a good pickup line on me the first time he finally got the courage to approach me....He said that I looked exactly what he thought Alizee would look like if she were my age and a cheerleader (he must have been hallucinating about my hair or something). It didn't mean much to me when he said that...
That was almost 2 years ago... We're still dating, and yes... I'm a fan of Alizee's too now.
That is quite the compliment, CP ! Your boyfriend must have some big brass ones to even try something like that .

Quote:
That was almost 2 years ago... We're still dating, and yes... I'm a fan of Alizee's too now.
And it worked!? Where can I find someone like you ?

Thanks for sharing the story and welcome to Alizée America!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Ok, sort of long story... well I suck at making these things short actually; but here goes:

My boyfriend used what he thought was a good pickup line on me the first time he finally got the courage to approach me (that didn't come out right and I can't fix it in my head, so I'll just fess up that I was still too nervous to go up to him first...)... He said that I looked exactly what he thought Alizee would look like if she were my age and a cheerleader (he must have been hallucinating about my hair or something). It didn't mean much to me when he said that... But he was cute, mainly 'cuz of how nice he was being and how he was trying so hard to not scare me off or anything - and putting himself through heck stressin' over it.

His sister was watching when he finally walked away and came up to me and told me who Alizee was, and that he had her pictures everywhere, always talked about, listened to her music, etc... He was even planning on taking French! When she said he was always spouting off about how she was "the prettiest girl ever born" or something I realized what he was trying to say... Poor guy was too geeky to realize that I might not know who the singer was (I'm just as geeky, in many many ways).

I chased after him before he got far, and made the more firm commitment answer to his "let's hang out and talk" thing - for a "first date" he asked me over to his house for rootbeer floats and what he'd asked around to learn was my favorite movie! How cool is that? So I told him what his sister told me, and asked if she was that pretty (how could I possibly compete with her?!) and if he meant what he'd said to me. He didn't even pause to take a breath when he excitedly said yes. That's about the time when my friends and his sister caught up with me/us and started teasing me (his sis was giving him a hard time) about my bright red face and goofy shyness...

Long story short, I kissed his cheek and told him I'd definitely make it - as long as Daddy said it was ok - and the rest is history, as they say... He showed me some of her videos and songs, and of course the insane amount of pics (he must have scoured the web something fierce!) and forgot to hide the pic he'd gotten of me from the local paper which was practically in the middle of all his Alizee pics (the printed ones). That was almost 2 years ago... We're still dating, and yes... I'm a fan of Alizee's too now.
wow thats nice a good story^^
Old 05-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Nice and welcome to the forums.